Sarah, Duchess of York Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad Sarah still wear the jewels to this day. It must remind her of the time she married Andrew, and her mother-in-law & father-in-law bought her these jewels.

I agree. Wear it!!!!!

I would expect somewhere about 1991 or 1992 - her last state occasion before the separation.
She wore her tiara later on at an Elton John White Tie & Tiara ball (or whatever it's called)

Sarah is also wearing the earrings that go along with the necklace (and there's a bracelet as well)....it's a truly beautiful, classic demi-parure of diamonds and platinum, highly wearable, always appropriate. For years Sarah didn't wear them, but in the last 5 years or so she's worn them a lot - as she should, they suit her.

I quite like that one...maybe the York girls will wear it if they every marry.

LaRae

I quite like that one...maybe the York girls will wear it if they every marry.

LaRae

I agree, I hope both of them wear it for their weddings as it is a beautiful tiara.

I can't think of the last time it was worn, but it is a shame it has not seen the light of day for so many years.

I think the article (from the link a couple posts above) said the last time it was worn was 2000 or 2001 when Sarah wore it to an event.

Since it was a gift I assume Sarah has it.

LaRae

I wonder what Sarah did with her diamond Demi-Parure?

I wonder what Sarah did with her diamond Demi-Parure?

She still has it - she has been seen wearing the necklace on occasions since the divorce. I recall in the last few years or so, more recent than the tiara. They were private gifts from the Queen so Sarah has kept them post-divorce.

I think we are all waiting for a York wedding to see if the girls wear the tiara.

Oh I think it would suit Eugenie quite well ...the necklace set and tiara at the same time. Let's hope to see them both!

LaRae

Okay, thanks for letting me know the parure is still around.

With all her money problems she could have sold the diamonds and put paste stones. No body may see the difference on pictures.

I don't think she would do that...afterall I'm sure she's leaving it for her girls to use.

LaRae

Tiaras Sold By Garrards

Sarah, The Duchess of York had a Garrard Diamond Tiara.

I've always like Sarah's tara. Its regal and very pretty IMO.

Yes I liked it too...hoping we see it on Eugenie and Beatrice when they marry.

LaRae

Did they make it or was it a 'used' model?

LaRae

Considering the dogs breakfast they made out of Sophie's I'm guessing it was "used".

Sarah's tiara was once pictured in a book, with the subtitle stating that it was from around 1890. So it's quite possible that Meghan also can receive an antique tiara without royal background.

pic 1 pic 2

Does anyone know anything about these emeralds? The earrings look like Eugenie's wedding earrings but I do not think they are an exact match.

Back
Top Bottom