Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 20: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sarah was invited to the General Meeting of the AWBS International Women’s Club based in Berkshire & Surrey:

** instagram gallery **

I can't understand why The King is allowing her to continue to make these relentless appearances, and presumably money, from her title and connections?

I can't understand why The King is allowing her to continue to make these relentless appearances, and presumably money, from her title and connections?

Charles is powerless in this - he has no ability (or right) to stop her. What she is doing might be distasteful, but she is not breaking the law. And she is not dependent on Charles for anything (Andrew is another matter), so he can't threaten to take things away from her if she doesn't behave. He can't even take her title - as the divorced wife of the Duke of York, she is legally entitled to call herself Sarah, Duchess of York. Only a second marriage to another man would change that, and I doubt that's going to happen.

YOu do know that Sarah has been making her living like this for over 20 years.

There might be a clause or directive in Andrew's Royal Lodge lease about using the premises for commercial purposes. This might affect Sarah's future filming at Royal Lodge or have repercussions due to past videos.

Wishing her a speedy recovery and hopefully no further complications. I'm sure she is getting excellent health care.

Yes, it's being reported by all the news outlets here. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Wishing her all the best in her recovery. It's a shock to have the diagnosis but I'm pleased she's had prompt treatment.

As a breast cancer survivor myself, I urge of all you ladies to attend your mammogram appointments. Mine was caught early and treated successfully. I expect you all have busy lives but please put your health first.
:flowers: :twohearts:

I hope the Duchess of York has a good recovery.

Apparently there will be more information on her podcast but if the surgery went well then hopefully she should be doing well with recovery.

Wishing her a speedy and full recovery -- from one cancer survivor to another!

Wishing her all the best in her recovery. It's a shock to have the diagnosis but I'm pleased she's had prompt treatment.

As a breast cancer survivor myself, I urge of all you ladies to attend your mammogram appointments. Mine was caught early and treated successfully. I expect you all have busy lives but please put your health first.
Yes, I am also a survivor of Breast Cancer. Mine was found extremely early so only a few bouts of radiation was required. That was 12 years ago. Please ladies, make sure you all get your mammograms yearly. So very important.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Good news about Sarah. So glad it was caught early and that she came out and spoke about it. Hopefully it will encourage others to check themselves and then go to their physician.

Yes, I am also a survivor of Breast Cancer. Mine was found extremely early so only a few bouts of radiation was required. That was 12 years ago. Please ladies, make sure you all get your mammograms yearly. So very important.

Me too. My cancer was found on a routine mammogram 3 years ago. It was the best thing to happen to me. My whole focus on my health has changed and I am taking better care of myself.

Women should start getting mammograms regularly as soon as they are able. There was no family history of breast cancer in my family so didn't expect to ever have it. Just goes to show you never know if it's going to be you.

I wish the Duchess well with her treatments.

At what age do they start regular screening in the UK? In the Netherlands, the biennial free screening starts at age 50.

Australia does them every two years for free for all women over 40 unless recommended for a screening in between by a doctor, in which case there is a fee. My appointment is always the day of or the day before/after my mother's birthday in December (if her birthday would have been in a weekend then it is the Friday or Monday).

Last edited:
Canada is the same, biennial free screening after 50.

At what age do they start regular screening in the UK? In the Netherlands, the biennial free screening starts at age 50.

Every three years from 50 - 71.
My mother and maternal granny had breast cancer (survived) so when I was diagnosed at 66, my daughter was put on the programme aged 40. I'm screened every year now.

Wishing Sarah a speedy recovery and best wishes :flowers:

Wishing her a speedy recovery and many years on to enjoy her grandchildren!

According to a pre-taped message on her podcast, she had a mastectomy.

I am a little concerned that it was a mastectomy...a seriously grueling and painful recovery ( my Mom had one).

I am really praying for the best outcome for Sarah. She has had a turbulent life.

And if she was not around it would devastate her girls, and it would have a disastrous effect on Andrew(imho).

Back
Top Bottom