Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Silvia, even you are now a grandmother, I hope you will wait long long time to wear grandmother-clothes. You look so young and active. - principessa

Dear Silvia, even you are now a grandmother, I hope you will wait long long time to wear grandmother-clothes. You look so young and active. - principessa

:previous:

I agree with you, principessa :flowers:

She looks lovely and very very happy :), like the combination of blue with orange.

The new outfit including pillbox hat is actually very 'Jackie Kennedy', I'd say - just imagine the jacket to be shorter and you have that quintessential look.
What makes it a bit dowdy is the pink scarf, IMO. While it matches the jewelry, the jacket's wide neckline is meant to be open and not crammed with fabric.

EDIT: Meraude, parallel Jackie K. posting...;)

Tomorrow (thursday) night it's time for this years second annual representation dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. What can we expect Queen Silvia to wear or what do we wish her to wear at the dinner?

Official dinner at Royal Palace,March 15,2012
Queen Silvia looks very beautiful tonight :flowers:.Is this a new dress?
Lovely and refreshing :rose:

pic1
pic2
pic3

Queen Silvia looks lovely whatever she wears, but this particular ensemble is just a bit too bright for me.
Because only the dress, but also the shoes and the clutch were of the same bright pink fuchsia colour, the overall look was somewhat busy.
I'd prefer accessories in a neutral colour.

The Queen usually prefer same color ( dress,shoes,bag...) or suitable ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks amazing! I love the color.

What a bright fuschia color! It is more intense a shade than I'm accustomed to seeing her wear, but she wears it well. I just am not enthralled by the Nine-Prong tiara and wish she wore something else.

The outfit is ok but a bit too much pink.

I think Queen Silvia is usually impeccably dressed, but I think this attempt was not the usual unqualified success.

The sleeveless dress with matching jacket looks outdated because it is – as its production date happens to be 1992.;)
And I guess the expiration date is now - Queen Silvia appears to be in the habit of going through her wardrobe from the past and wear a dress one more time before it gets definitely retired, and this is such a case.
The fuchsia color btw. is not as glaring as on most pics, the photo quality turned out very poor with the bad lighting in the palace hallway.

Close up:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

The Queen usually prefer same color ( dress,shoes,bag...) or suitable ;)
I never realised that, thanks! :flowers:
I do avoid going for one-colour look myself; the eyes can get rather tired if everything is too synchronised.
Queen Silvia is usually impeccably dressed but this is just too bright for me.

The sleeveless dress with matching jacket looks outdated because it is – as its production date happens to be 1992.;)
And I guess the expiration date is now - Queen Silvia appears to be in the habit of going through her wardrobe from the past and wear a dress one more time before it gets definitely retired, and this is such a case.
The fuchsia color btw. is not as glaring as on most pics, the photo quality turned out very poor with the bad lighting in the palace hallway.

Close up:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Now, I'm impressed; few women retain their figure to wear 20-years-old outfits! The gown does look dated, but given the production date and era (fresh out of eighties), it's hardly surprising. Thanks for the interesting information, Boris! :flowers:

It's not a bad dress, I happen to think Silvia can wear fuchsia very well, even if the dress is 20 years old. It just didn't photograph well, that's what I think in this case. ;)

I remember that the queen wear the dress 15th April 1993 by Dinner in castle and 17th June 1994 by 50years-celebration in Iceland!

Queen Silvia at the opening of a dementia meeting place in Germany today, wearing an elegant female suit.

She's always great in white, the necklace and the butterfly brooch are also lovely:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

That's a lovely white suit.She is always elegant.

Beautiful, classic, elegant. Lovely jewelry and pretty scarf. Silvia always knows how to put a complete ensemble together.

Last edited:
. Queen Silvia at the opening of a dementia meeting place in Germany today, wearing an elegant female suit.
She's always great in white, the necklace and the butterfly brooch are also lovely: ** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

What a beautiful and elegant look!
I absolutely love everything about it, from the soft cream-coloured suit, to the lovely shoes, necklace and delicate brooch. Just lovely.
When Queen Silvia gets it right, few women can compete with her. :)

Last edited:
The white suit is so classy, the black shoes very elegant - she looks lovely!

I especially like how Queen Slivia put the scarf (Hermes?) on the handbag- a nice touch!

Queen Silvia at the Steiger Awards in Bochum, Germany today, March 17, wearing a nice blue dress
with a ribbon. The brooch and necklace are the same she has worn yesterday.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

That's a gorgeous blue! But I don't like the bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom