Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 3: April 2017 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This dress is lovely, a beautiful shade :flowers:

Two great evening looks, though much prefer the first.

Probably my least fav outfit of the tour so far. It's not bad, it's just very meh.

Just perfect! The boots for outside were a good choice. She looks very good in the loud print at mid length

Very pretty look. I love the color and even pattern. :flowers:

As much as I hate fur, I actually think the shrug looks nice with this.

An extremely aging outfit. She looked 60+ in this ensemble...

Too much gold going on,when she sat down the overcoat looked like a chair cover,really nice hairstyle on the plus side.

Mathilde's outfit is a bit loud and I also agree that it makes her look a lot older than she is.

An extremely aging outfit. She looked 60+ in this ensemble...

There is no way she looks 60 + . In fact, I find her quite jovial in those pictures, the outfit notwithstanding. Mathilde is a queen consort (hence, supposed to dress somewhat discreetly and conservatively) and is 45 years old. I don't know why people on this forum keep insisting that she should dress like a 30-year-old princess.

On a side note, going back to one of Maria Olivia's previous messages, I think Mathilde and Philippe are a good team. She doesn't eclipse him in the way Maxima sometimes does with Willem-Alexander, but, at the same time, she adds some much needed glamor that was lacking in the Belgian royal family, especially in the last years of King Albert II's reign.

Her last two looks are awful. :ermm:

The gold one is just way too much gold. A bad throwback attempt at retro. Throw back in the closet please or further.

The top in this recent look is costumy. The big puffy sleeves. Not attractive.

:previous: She probably thought she could carry it off at a "youthful" event. :lol:

Queen Mathilde prior to a concert in Anvers yesterday evening, March 26:

** Full view **

She looks great in the black look.

A black outfit is just that, a black outfit regardless of the style, give me the books. WOW, what a room, to be let lose in there and hopefully some books are in English, a dream, let me take that room home with me......perfect place to be in everyway!

Orange is a hard colour to pull off well but she looks great in it! A very pretty look.

Orange is a hard colour to pull off well but she looks great in it! A very pretty look.

She gets points for wearing exactly the right color shoes IMO.

My only kvetch, which is admittedly picky ;), is that I'm not a fan of the orange reflecting into the gold earrings. A shorter earring would have been better.

But I do like these kicky earrings, in general.

Just love the orange jumpsuit on her, what a hit and she in her height can pull it off. The terrible old fashioned stiff shiny dress with the beading and little bow she wore in nyc is just so uncomfortable looking and not pretty

She looks fantastic in the orange look.

Queen Mathilde looking great in New York City yesterday evening, April 23:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

A very elegant dress.

Queen Mathilde lovely in red at an evening event in New York City yesterday, April 24:

** Upper part ** June 2017 **

Last edited:
Queen Mathilde lovely in red at an evening event in New York City yesterday, April 24: ** Upper part **

Hmmm....an unfortunate photo. I'm rare to say so. Mathilde has such a good eye it's unusual to see her make this kind of mistake. Must not have been obvious to her when she put it on at the mirror, I guess. :sad:

What a pretty dress, she looks lovely. Great earrings too with former mayor Bloomberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom