Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee Celebrations: 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Y'know, I've realized something and I've not even had my first cup of coffee of the day here yet. We're going around and around about what the Queen has made known her wishes for Camilla's title and style during Charles' reign should be and there's been suppositions that perhaps this is something that Charles has been pushing for and wants or if she'll be Queen Camilla, HM, The Queen or HM, The Queen Consort.

Nowhere, anywhere in all these years has Camilla voiced her opinion of what she should be titled and known as. She hasn't expressed dismay at "being lowered" to Princess Consort. She hasn't expressed that she should be "equal" to her husband's title. Not a word. She's just gone on and kept doing a flawless job of being his consort in her actions and her duties and engagements. *This* is what tells me she's a perfect fit for Charles no matter what the future brings. For Camilla, it's about taking on the role that comes with the role that her husband has.

I think if the powers that be, the Queen, the people decided that she should be known as Gladys, The King's Second Wife, it wouldn't change her love and support for her husband one little bit. She's showing that she's not in this in any way for herself but for the greater glory of the Crown and country.

Charles is a lucky man if you ask me.

Intend means - that is what will happen though it isn't laid down in granite. It is an official line, but with room for change if a change seems desiralbe. If Charles had become King a year or 2 after his marriage probalby the decsion would have been to let Camilla be known as Princess Consort. Now many years later, the decision will be different.

The wife of the king is the queen (Consort). Everything else would need legislation beforehand. That means legislation as long as the queen is still alive (otherwise, as the UK does not know an interregnum, Charles will be king as soon as his mother dies and thus, Camilla his Queen Consort). Now we know that they won't do anything under the queen's rule

And I bet BoJo is quite happy with that because not only the late Diana has her fans... :whistling: The UK government and the Royal family needs quiet now - and Royal celebration. There never was a "good" moment to strip a maybe not everywhere well-liked but always known as a loyally serving woman of her future rightful title as wife of her husband when Charles

becomes king.

Now that has been resolved, as official as possible, anyone can see that the whole situation has had an "official" side apart from being a person/religious problem and that side is that if a king/queen Regnant has a loyal and longtime serving spouse, this spouse deserves to share the highest title with his or her husband/wife. The queen pointed to the idea that the souvereign deserves a loyal supporter in marriage and then the official title is shared as it is part of the British tradition.

I am honestly so very happy for my adored Duchess of Cornwall!!!!

Y'know, I've realized something and I've not even had my first cup of coffee of the day here yet. We're going around and around about what the Queen has made known her wishes for Camilla's title and style during Charles' reign should be and there's been suppositions that perhaps this is something that Charles has been pushing for and wants or if she'll be Queen Camilla, HM, The Queen or HM, The Queen Consort.

Nowhere, anywhere in all these years has Camilla voiced her opinion of what she should be titled and known as. She hasn't expressed dismay at "being lowered" to Princess Consort. She hasn't expressed that she should be "equal" to her husband's title. Not a word. She's just gone on and kept doing a flawless job of being his consort in her actions and her duties and engagements. *This* is what tells me she's a perfect fit for Charles no matter what the future brings. For Camilla, it's about taking on the role that comes with the role that her husband has.

I think if the powers that be, the Queen, the people decided that she should be known as Gladys, The King's Second Wife, it wouldn't change her love and support for her husband one little bit. She's showing that she's not in this in any way for herself but for the greater glory of the Crown and country.

Charles is a lucky man if you ask me.

I agree. And I bet Charles would have taken Fred as his King's name and the addition of The Queen Consort's second husband. :flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. And I bet Charles would have taken Fred as his King's name and the addition of The Queen Consort's second husband. :flowers::flowers:

Where are Herman's Hermits these days? There's a song in all this somewhere for them. ?

A reminder that this thread is for discussion pertaining to the Queen's Platinum Jubilee. It's not the place for off topic or speculative posts, and any further posts along those lines will be deleted.

I[.....]
Charles has always referred Camilla as his "darling wife" in all his previous statements. Why change now ? I's a very welcomed personnal touch, emphasizing HM's gesture. It's of course a dynastical matter, but also a family one. And we all pretty know that's it's not always smooth sailing on that front ...

Why desperately searching malice from Charles 's camp (more or less manipulating his mother's weekness, hijacking her jubilee , and i see you're looking for a feud with the Cambridges as well) ?

This title issue is not a sudden whim out of her HM's hat. It's a well though statement, obviously agreed in advance with all parties involved (including the heir to the heir) and, on second thought, not at all suprising for us, royal watchers : after the RFO, the RVO, the Privy Council and the Garter, it's the natural conclusion of Camilla's elevation to the Top job.

We are witnessing the exciting process of the modeling of the next reign and the millennial continuity of the Monarchy.

And naysayers, twitter comments, Netflix and others will not change that fact, as it was always the case.

[.....]

I absolutely am thrilled HM used these wordings in regard to Camilla,a wonderfull,kind and loving gesture.,even tho Camilla would have held the title of Queen Consort automatically anyway,this just emphasizes it all.Good!!She choose duty over hysterics!Wise nad brave.

https://www.rct.uk/collection/theme...ckingham-palace/queen-victorias-autograph-fan

Durham, the Royal Collection Trust has all the names and details of the Autograph fan - so fascinating.

Thank you.:flowers:

There's so much to see on the RCT site. As you say really fascinating!

And as for today - a real red letter day. I know it marks a personal sadness for HM but who cannot but rejoice in this remarkable event.

Look out Louis Quatorse, HM only has another 840 days to catch up.

And yes as our "servant" she understands instinctively what being the monarch actually means.

For those who've not come across it before, here's the inimitable John Betjeman & his (Silver) Jubilee Hymn.

In days of disillusion,
However low we've been
To fire us and inspire us
God gave to us our Queen.

She acceded, young and dutiful,
To a much-loved father's throne;
Serene and kind and beautiful,
She holds us as her own.

And twenty-five years later
So sure her reign has been
That our great events are greater
For the presence of our Queen.

Hers the grace the Church has prayed for,
Ours the joy that she is here.
Let the bells do what they're made for!
Ring our thanks both loud and clear.

From that look of dedication
In those eyes profoundly blue
We know her coronation
As a sacrament and true.

Chorus
For our Monarch and her people,
United yet and free,
Let the bells from ev'ry steeple
Ring out loud the jubilee.

She'll be Queen Camilla, like Queen Mary, Queen Alexandra, Queen Adelaide, Queen Charlotte, etc.

In Edward VII's day, people often referred to Queen Victoria as "the old Queen".

God bless HM. Let’s not take a day with her for granted!!

[...]

And there's not a single legal problem with the title "Queen Consort", as this is the legit term, albeit rarely eplicitly used, to adress the spouse of a reigning king.

Queen Consort is a legitimate term of description, but it has not been used previously as a legal title or a formal form of address. The present queen's mother (wife of King George V) was formally referred to as Her Majesty the Queen during the reign of her husband (Example).

The wife of the king is the queen (Consort). Everything else would need legislation beforehand. That means legislation as long as the queen is still alive (otherwise, as the UK does not know an interregnum, Charles will be king as soon as his mother dies and thus, Camilla his Queen Consort). Now we know that they won't do anything under the queen's rule

To strip Camilla of her legal rank and entitlement to be known as Queen may have needed legislation. For Camilla to choose to be known as Princess Consort would not have needed legislation. I believe that under English common law, the general rule is that everyone may refer to themselves however they wish.

Last edited:
It’s nice that HM is trying to clear up family misunderstandings in this Jubilee year. She surely doesn’t want to see alienation of family members at this stage of her life.

Queen Consort is a legitimate term of description, but it has not been used previously as a legal title or a formal form of address. The present queen's mother (wife of King George V) was formally referred to as Her Majesty the Queen during the reign of her husband (Example).

Another area where we're not really paying more attention to is the fact that the *huge* difference between being titled "Queen" whether or not consort is part of it is that Camilla will be "Her Majesty". If it had come to pass that Camilla was deemed as "Princess Consort", she would have been "Her Royal Highness" to King Charles' "His Majesty".

All previous Queen Consorts whether with their husbands or widowed remained "Her Majesty".

What an extraordinary day (and she looks marvelous). God save Her Majesty indeed.

I absolutely love the warm message of congratulations from the Swedish King! Kudos to him and his speech writers!

I absolutely love the warm message of congratulations from the Swedish King! Kudos to him and his speech writers!

I couldn't see the actual message on the link. Could you possibly copy and paste the text here?

I love the photo of Queen Elizabeth in her sunny yellow dress with a photo of her beloved father sitting beside her. It is no surprise that, after seventy, I repeat, seventy years of meditation and commemoration that she should refer to what she sees as a natural progression.

These last two years have been a time of travail for Elizabeth our Queen who we hold up and pray for each Sunday at Church. So very many terrible things have happened with very forces of nature assailing us all with wind, fire, rain and flood followed by earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. To top it off we have pestilence in the form of Covid.

It tends to remind us that life and death on the grandest of scales, has been what everyone has been dealing with. Such things as petty disputes, family feuds, scandals, etc. are seen in stark relief against a world awash with the attendant pain, horror, terror and death visited on the planet.

Is it surprising that in her time of meditation of the death of her father that she should recognise the strength her mother and her husband, consorts both, gave their beloved spouses? Is it surprising she should decide to give up listening to the little grey men and just go for it and show and tell us what she, not leaks, not sources, not well-placed commentators and decide to act in an unequivocal and very personal way? No mistaking what she or meaning is sayingas a mother, or monarch.

I couldn't see the actual message on the link. Could you possibly copy and paste the text here?
"“On behalf of my family and the people of Sweden, I wish to extend to you our warmest congratulations on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of your accession to the throne.

“Your remarkable 70-year reign, an unprecedented milestone in the history of the British monarchy, also offers me the opportunity and the privilege to express my profound admiration and reaffirm the deep ties between our two countries.

“Please accept my very best wishes for your health and happiness and for the well-being and prosperity of the peoples of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth Realms.”"

-King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden*

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/queen...e-queen-as-she-marks-platinum-jubilee-172320/

I was half expecting to see the queen attend a Sunday morning church Service at Sandringham to mark Accession Day!

The new photograph of Queen Elizabeth is gorgeous. Thank you for posting it.
I find her words to be clear headed and personal.
Tributes to her are wonderful.
Queen Elizabeth is remarkable in many ways, not least her willingness to be a humble Christian servant.
Celebrations will be joyous. We are long due a positive year after the battle with Covid.

Look up Rickrolling on Wikipedia

Adam Kay is a comedian - somehow I think this is a joke!

The words are lyrics of a Rick Astley song. For several years, it’s been thought funny to provide a phony link that actually links to Astley singing this song. Of course millions of people have been fooled-rick rolled. It’s sort of funny and quite harmless.
I was rickrolled when I squinted, and attempted to adjust my screen to see what the Queen was reading from her red box.

sorry for duplicating - I expected Canada to get a spring tour as well. Also it is rather odd to have the Princess Royal go down for for one of the island - must be a scheduling issue. Just really odd.

sorry for duplicating - I expected Canada to get a spring tour as well. Also it is rather odd to have the Princess Royal go down for for one of the island - must be a scheduling issue. Just really odd.

I think we will see tours to Canada, Aus and NZ later in the year.

Anne is visiting Australia to open the Sydney Royal Easter Show, so PNG is a tag on to that.

Last edited:

Why is she going to Papua New Guinea - and NOT the Solomon Islands?

Back
Top Bottom