Queen Elizabeth II's Health Issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were told "seven members of the Royal Household" were on board. Maybe three staff members were with the four Royals?

Hopefully the Queen will be OK, but the BBC and Sky News are both sounding pretty grim. New PM Liz Truss and Leader of the Opposition Keir Starmer were both given notes whilst they were actually in the House of Commons earlier, and both walked out immediately, which is also worrying.

Or some other grandchildren?

William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie have just arrived at Balmoral.

You don't ever think this day will be near. The American President apparently landed at Heathrow...I know someone who works there.

If this is it she gets to go at Balmoral after having the family all summer. How wonderful for her really.

5here will never be another like her.
Biden isn't in London. He only ever travels to his beach house in Delaware, and if he had a foreign trip scheduled it would have been discussed for several weeks, which it hasn't.

Biden isn't in London. He only ever travels to his beach house in Delaware, and if he had a foreign trip scheduled it would have been discussed for several weeks, which it hasn't.

Don't know do eone I work with husband works at heathrow. All flights are looking to be cancelled and apparently he landed. No reason to think she'd lie. But I have no experience of these events. Do any of us?

why on earth would Biden come to London?

I don't know. Unless it was some other big shot and people got confused...which happens. That's what was messaged.

The US President would NOT travel to London with the Queen apparently at death's door. If anything, a planned visit would have been cancelled. The WH did just issue a statement, per Sky News, about the news, and noted that statements have been issued today already by several other world leaders.

Of course we all hope for a recovery, but I think that if she had a serious but treatable condition she'd have probably been admitted to hospital. The fact that she's staying at home is more worrying in my opinion.

On the other hand, if she had had a stroke, or a heart attack, or a fall as some people have speculated, it would have made sense to take her to a hospital. Maybe it was her wish that she be not taken to a hospital in case of such eventualities.

She has been on the decline since Philip died. Once she lost all that weight.

She's 96 and she is dying in a natural way It's been obvious for some time that time was not on all of our sides. I am so grateful I got to see her on the balcony of the jubilee. So special now.

On the other hand, if she had had a stroke, or a heart attack, or a fall as some people have speculated, it would have made sense to take her to a hospital. Maybe it was her wish that she be not taken to a hospital in case of such eventualities.

I'd say she prefers to remain at Balmoral, if she's very ill. At her age, surgery is a big risk and I'd say she would not want to take it..... it seems veyr hard to believe that she' has so suddenly gone downhill

Sky news reporting the Duke of Sussex is travelling to Balmoral by himself.
The Duchess of Sussex will be remaining in London.

The Times has reported the same, adding that Meghan will not go to the WellChild awards which she had been scheduled to attend.

Sky news reporting the Duke of Sussex is travelling to Balmoral by himself.
The Duchess of Sussex will be remaining in London.

Well I think it seems to he just kids and kids in law and the family.

It is possible the Cambridge children (and all of the Queen’s grandchildren and great grandchildren still in school) have now been taken out of class for the day.

There is an EasyJet about to land at Aberdeen now, that was delayed from London for about three hours, and I wonder if more grandchildren might be onboard that.

Last edited:
It is possible the Cambridge children (and all of the Queen’s grandchildren and great grandchildren still in school) have now been taken out of class for the day.

School is long done in the UK for today.

It’s after 5PM in the UK so they’d be done with class anyway.

Charles, Camilla, Anne (and Tim?), Andrew, Edward, Sophie, William and Harry makes 8 or 9 - that's a lot of people already. For Kate, Meghan and the 6 other grandchildren plus 3 spouses to go would be another 11, and there'd be Princess Margaret's children too - they possibly don't want that many people there.

The BBC said that they were expecting another announcement at some point, if only to stop the rumour mill, but there's been nothing yet.

A number of posts discussing whether Lambrook School allows phones has been deleted. Let’s please stay on-topic.

Charles, Camilla, Anne (and Tim?), Andrew, Edward, Sophie, William and Harry makes 8 or 9 - that's a lot of people already. For Kate, Meghan and the 6 other grandchildren plus 3 spouses to go would be another 11, and there'd be Princess Margaret's children too - they possibly don't want that many people there.

The BBC said that they were expecting another announcement at some point, if only to stop the rumour mill, but there's been nothing yet.

Kate and Meghan didn't go. Louise and James neither. Too young to do the death bed watch. The other grandchildren -4 and David amd Sarah I presume would want to be there.

I don't know about the UK but I think she would only be taken to the hospital if the hospital could make her more comfortable. There is little a hospital can do for a 96-year old that can't be done at home.

Kate and Meghan didn't go. Louise and James neither. Too young to do the death bed watch. The other grandchildren -4 and David amd Sarah I presume would want to be there.

Louise is 18 - she's not at all "too young," and James is 14, also not so young, but I expect that he is, like the Cambridge kids, at school this week, so it could be that he joins his parents at the weekend. Sounds like St Andrews might have already started welcoming their first years, so Louise could be busy (though only a couple hours drive away).

I don't know about the UK but I think she would only be taken to the hospital if the hospital could make her more comfortable. There is little a hospital can do for a 96-year old that can't be done at home.

Exactly. Philip's operation was done to allow him to die at home. My Mum worked in geriatric medical care for years and everything possible is done to allow people to die the way they want to. To have a good death.

I'd say she prefers to remain at Balmoral, if she's very ill. At her age, surgery is a big risk and I'd say she would not want to take it..... it seems veyr hard to believe that she' has so suddenly gone downhill

Surgery isn't the solution for most illnesses anyway.

Louise is 18 - she's not at all "too young," and James is 14, also not so young, but I expect that he is, like the Cambridge kids, at school this week, so it could be that he joins his parents at the weekend. Sounds like St Andrews might have already started welcoming their first years, so Louise could be busy (though only a couple hours drive away).

They are for what is essentially a death bed watch. They could be there days. Woken up at 3am...all the rest of it. Culture has a lot to do with how people approach the slipping away of life and the British culture is rather reticent of it. I'm irish...all we do is talk about death.

St Andrew's is having Orientation Week this week and starts classes next week.

She hasn't looked well in the past few weeks anyway. Her hands especially looked bad.

School is long done in the UK for today.

I know, but but the news broke around lunchtime. They may have been removed around that time or shortly before.

Balmoral is pretty big. They don't necessarily need to be in the room with the queen all the time but might gather in adjacent rooms. I would mainly expect children to be at someone's bedside at this time, not necessarily the grandchildren (at least not all the time but probably dropping in for a little while before retiring to a different room and let the children be with the parent).

Let me include my sadness at this moment. It says a lot that the people who are by her side are there. We pray for her today and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom