Queen Elizabeth II's Health Issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven members of the Royal Family have just landed at Aberdeen Airport - so that'll be William, Harry and Meghan, Edward and Sophie, Andrew, and possibly either the Earl of Snowdon or Lady Sarah. Catherine is staying at Windsor to be with the children.

There ended up being four royals on that plane - William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie.

No sign of anyone else.

From the BBC footage, the plane that landed at Aberdeen it’s suggested only William, Sophie, Edward and Andrew. The visibility was poor but Harry and Meghan didn’t appear to be on board.

There are photos on the Wessex thread that showed Sophie at an event in Scotland yesterday. ???

There are photos on the Wessex thread that showed Sophie at an event in Scotland yesterday. ???

The Countess of Wessex had engagements in Caterham and Oxted, Surrey today and attended them as planned earlier today.

Yesterday, the Earl and Countess of Wessex were in Lancashire.

I've seen some awful comments online about Catherine not traveling to Scotland but I fully understand why she is staying in Windsor. The children have had their first school day and Catherine and William did not want them to be welcomed home by staff with the parents gone. Also they would most likely prefer to brief the children about the situation themselves. She can always travel later with or without the children.

I couldn't agree more with you.

If the worse happens, the Cambridge children will lose their beloved Gan Gan. They will want to be with a parent when learning this. At the same time, the Cambridges no doubt wanted the kids to experience their first day of a new school. I'm sure this is a very difficult decision for the Cambridges, but I would have made the same decision for my own children.

It's also very possible that a last-minute decision could be made tomorrow to pull the Cambridge kids out of school mid-day, so that they don't have to hear the news there. With all the moving parts in play, it was best to have one parent close to the kids.

I've seen some awful comments online about Catherine not traveling to Scotland but I fully understand why she is staying in Windsor. The children have had their first school day and Catherine and William did not want them to be welcomed home by staff with the parents gone. Also they would most likely prefer to brief the children about the situation themselves. She can always travel later with or without the children.

Indeed. The children are small and may have problems comprehending and processing what is going on. And it really makes no difference whether they are there or not, except to say goodbye.
It's better she stays with her children and quietly explain to them what may need to be explained.

- And QEII is not dead yet. And she may not die this time around anyway.

I couldn't agree more with you.

If the worse happens, the Cambridge children will lose their beloved Gan Gan. They will want to be with a parent when learning this. At the same time, the Cambridges no doubt wanted the kids to experience their first day of a new school. I'm sure this is a very difficult decision for the Cambridges, but I would have made the same decision for my own children.

It's also very possible that a last-minute decision could be made tomorrow to pull the Cambridge kids out of school mid-day, so that they don't have to hear the news there. With all the moving parts in play, it was best to have one parent close to the kids.

Agreed. I find it sad that people are judging her. This had to be a difficult decision, as you said.

Agreed. I find it sad that people are judging her. This had to be a difficult decision, as you said.

I agree, a difficult decision. Balmoral probably not the place for young children at this time but a parent should be with them if and when they need to be told something.

I think I saw James getting off the plane. Angela Griffin’s (UK actress) daughter is studying at St Andrews and she went up at the weekend so Louise may well already be at St Andrews.

Indeed. The children are small and may have problems comprehending and processing what is going on. And it really makes no difference whether they are there or not, except to say goodbye.
It's better she stays with her children and quietly explain to them what may need to be explained.

- And QEII is not dead yet. And she may not die this time around anyway.

I agree. The children may have enough upheaval in their lives soon, depending on how things go over the next few hours or days. I believe today was meant to be their first full day at their new school and it would be good if they were able to get through that uninterrupted.
I think it’s the Queen’s children who would obviously want to get there as soon as possible, with William going not only as a grandson but as the potential new heir to the throne. It makes no sense to suddenly haul three young children out of school to bring them to Balmoral right now.

I saw in live on BBC the airplane landing at Aberdeen with Princes William, Andrew, Edouard and Sophie.
The Speakers on BBC are in black .

Sky News just interviewed Louise Tait, former Scottish Communications Secretary to The Queen and she was quite solemn. She looked as if she'd been crying prior to going on air.

Maybe it is a standard algorithm in case of serious health issues?

Or the Queen is so bad that everyone was told "to prepare".

Judging by the BBC’s tone, I am afraid they might have been given the heads-up.

It is certainly unprecedented to see the Palace issuing a statement declaring the concerns of her physicians, then the children and P.William getting there and even the parliament being informed while in session.
This is as serious as it gets I am afraid. :sad:

Sky news reporting the Duke of Sussex is travelling to Balmoral by himself.
The Duchess of Sussex will be remaining in London.

The reaction of the media says it all.

The wording of the press release was significant.

Sad news but it was expected. I hope she will recover but we need to be ready for everything.

God save Queen Elisabeth and grant her health and strength for years to come. She is an extraordinary, most impressive royal of this century.

But I am very worried while watching TVnews from GB...It is very unusual for Buckingham Palace to put out a statement like this - it is usually unwilling to provide a commentary on the 96-year-old monarch's medical matters, which are seen as private.

My thoughts and wishes are with the Queen and all of the Royal Family at this time.

Last edited:
A crowd is slowly gathering in front of the Palace despite the rain.

Every senior member of the Royal Family dropping everything to get to Balmoral is unprecedented. To me, it indicates both that the situation is very grave, and that it developed suddenly overnight or this morning.

Her children and grandchildren will know more about the particulars of the Queen’s medical issues than the general public, and those issues may go beyond the “mobility issues” they’ve talked about before, but it doesn’t seem like anyone was expecting something to happen so quickly.

Of course we may be surprised and the Queen will recover - if she does I hope it’s a meaningful recovery that allows her to be comfortable and to have a reasonable quality of life.

The BBC is constantly saying why they are broadcasting this the way they are: the tone of the statement of BP and the fact that family members are rushing up to Balmoral.

Last edited:
Of course we all hope for a recovery, but I think that if she had a serious but treatable condition she'd have probably been admitted to hospital. The fact that she's staying at home is more worrying in my opinion.

My goodness, I’d love to hope that this moment is not really upon us but all the signs are pointing that way.

God bless Her Majesty, I pray for her comfort and care at this time.

We were told "seven members of the Royal Household" were on board. Maybe three staff members were with the four Royals?

Hopefully the Queen will be OK, but the BBC and Sky News are both sounding pretty grim. New PM Liz Truss and Leader of the Opposition Keir Starmer were both given notes whilst they were actually in the House of Commons earlier, and both walked out immediately, which is also worrying.

I can understand Catherine wanting to be with the children. Starting a new school is difficult enough, and now all this. I would assume that the school will have a no phones during the school day policy, so hopefully the children won't have heard anything before she's able to tell them herself.

Last edited:
You don't ever think this day will be near. The American President apparently landed at Heathrow...I know someone who works there.

If this is it she gets to go at Balmoral after having the family all summer. How wonderful for her really.

5here will never be another like her.

I think its the end. I dont think that she will live for weeks as Philip did, when he camee home from hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom