Queen Elizabeth II's Health Issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
The moderators have decided to open a thread dedicated to the health issues of Queen Elizabeth II as the topic is now discussed in several threads at the same time.

The direct cause is that the Queen has cancelled the Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph due to a sprained back.

Article here.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said yesterday that: "Queen Elizabeth was very well when I saw her last week".

Article here.

For what it's worth, for someone who sprained her back the other day, she looks much the same as she usually does.

Perhaps it was a light sprain. Painful enough not to want to stand outside in the cold for a long time, but light enough to do a seated audience, a few days later.
She does look a lot thinner than before, though.

Yes, however the weight loss has been noticeable since about May or so; it isn't really anything new. She has gone through an awful lot, emotionally, this year, for it to manifest.

She was standing though! The way she always does.

As a good part her smile has seemed quite normal for a long time. :)

Yes, however the weight loss has been noticeable since about May or so; it isn't really anything new. She has gone through an awful lot, emotionally, this year, for it to manifest.

She was standing though! The way she always does.

As a good part her smile has seemed quite normal for a long time. :)

That smile of hers lights up a room. It's also something that always lets us know that she's happy doing what she does. It also tells me that her attitude is the best medicine available to her. She *wants* to continue doing what she does for as long as she can and will do what it takes (doctor's recommendations) to assure that she can continue to enjoy doing what she does.

HM’s handbag

I notice that she is not carrying her purse in the most recent pictures. I certainly avoid carrying mine when my back is troubling me.

Given her usual excellent health, I’m inclined to think her current problems are musculoskeletal- certainly understandable at her age- and not anything internal.

Last edited:
too.

She's making smart concessions to her health and well she should. We have a friend who's a year younger than the queen and she is a lot more frail now than before the pandemic. It affected everyone of all ages.
I agree that her physical issues appear to be with her joints and back. She is getting more and more stooped over with the years. I think she smiles much more now than when she was middle aged. Seeing that always makes me feel better.

Perhaps she is smiling a little more now to put those around her at ease, lest they tend to fuss about her. I am sure she doesn't like too much fuss from others about her health.

I notice that she is not carrying her purse in the most recent pictures. I certainly avoid carrying mine when my back is troubling me.

Given her usual excellent health, I’m inclined to think her current problems are musculoskeletal- certainly understandable at her age- and not anything internal.
Good point about the handbag. In my eyes, the spirit of mischief that she has so rarely shared with us, that imp that impelled her to participate in the Olympic opening with 007 is still there and I hope she has a mobility scooter, complete with its red visibility flag, neatly parked out of sight where she can "do what she feels she must" and then saddle up and zip back to her apartments for a nice relaxing cup of tea, or a medicinal gin if the event was a pain in the neck. :flowers:

I agree, but shouldn’t the visibility flag be the Royal Standard. She is present after all.

Good point about the handbag. In my eyes, the spirit of mischief that she has so rarely shared with us, that imp that impelled her to participate in the Olympic opening with 007 is still there and I hope she has a mobility scooter, complete with its red visibility flag, neatly parked out of sight where she can "do what she feels she must" and then saddle up and zip back to her apartments for a nice relaxing cup of tea, or a medicinal gin if the event was a pain in the neck. :flowers:

My advice would be: avoid a mobility scooter at all costs, as long as possible. That women in Sicily, Greece, Malta etc. reach such old ages is also because the must walk. And possibly the secret to the Queen's health is her agility and her independendance: she rides horses, she drives Landrovers, etc. My idea is that once people start using mobility scooters, they detoriate. Exactly because the body has no challenge anymore. I hope the Queen keeps her physical mobility.

Her doctors are concerned for her health BBC NEWS says.

It is concerning in the extreme that a statement was released.

This is very concerning with the news that her family are travelling to Balmoral.

That is all a bit worrying that members of the family are heading for Balmoral.

The Dutch news included the message that there was quite some consternation in the House of Commons and that Charles and William are on their way to Balmoral. They also point out the queen's purple hand on Tuesday's picture - which is a sign of a poor blood circulation.

It sounds as if the doctors and BRF are preparing (themselves and) the nation for the worst.

Last edited:
The cancellation of the council was significant too. A video engagement where all she'd have to say is "approved" would have been very much what the Palace has been calling "light duties" recently.

The Privy Council appointing new ministers and swearing in new members is a lot more than saying 'approved'.

The language so far is concerning, but the fact that the Queen has not been rushed into a hospital is reassuring. On the other hand, we don't know if that is her personal choice or the doctors'.

Of course, HM's health is the most important issue now as far as the Family is concerned, but the fact that her condition has deteriorated at the time of a change of government creates additional constititutional problems, keeping in mind that the new ministers have not been properly sworn in yet, which casts a doubt on the legal status of their offices. The appointment of Counsellors of State, if possible, should be definitely considered at this moment.

I wish the Queen a speedy recovery.

I Doubt if the queen would go to hospital, unless she was very ill but they needed to operate. If she is just weakening Im sure she would rather stay at Balmoral

I am worried. Glad the family is with her right now. I hope she can recover.

The language so far is concerning, but the fact that the Queen has not been rushed into a hospital is reassuring. On the other hand, we don't know if that is her personal choice or the doctors'.
I don't think her not being rushed to a hospital makes the situation less concerning. Most elderly people are not rushed to a hospital on their death bed - as there is little doctors in a hospital can do and 'comfort' is much more important in a situation like that.

Of course, HM's health is the most important issue now as far as the Family is concerned, but the fact that her condition has deteriorated at the time of a change of government creates additional constititutional problems, keeping in mind that the new ministers have not been properly sworn in yet, which casts a doubt on the legal status of their offices. The appointment of Counsellors of State, if possible, should be definitely considered at this moment.

I wish the Queen a speedy recovery.
It would indeed make a lot of sense to appoint Charles and William as Counsellors of State.

This doesn't sound good. First time Buckingham Palace has admitted concerns for the Queen's health. And now Prince Charles, Camilla and Prince William going to Balmoral sounds grave :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom