Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (October 2006 - April 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her_Majesty said:
Do you really think máxima expects twins?
I think the Royal House would have announced that, like they RF of Belgium did when Princess Claire expected twins...
But who knows.:rolleyes:

I agree... twins are way big news to remain untold! :rolleyes:

princess olga said:
I know what you mean and normally I have nothing against women who insist on letting the entire planet know they're about to pop out another specimen of the human race by way of their clothing, and not that I care too much here either. All I'm sayin' is, if I were representing the netherlands at the United Nations, I would want to draw attention to the cause, to the mission, and not to my belly, out of respect to my host as well as out of respect to what I'd be working on as well as out of respect to the country I'm representing.

And not distract the issue by selfishly drawing attention by wearing clothes that scream "I am pregnant, hey you all, you think you can tell? Ain't it great? I-am-woman-hear-me-roar-you-all!"

Call me old fashioned, but if I were representing a country and a cause, and meeting with high level people purely for business, I'd wear something less screaming that I'm expecting another human. Just sayin.

I totally agree with you! her top should have been a bit looser.

fee said:
I liked her outfit. Her coat was very nice and it worked well with the T and the pants.
Had she for ex. worn a loose blouse to that outfit instead of the rather tight fitting T she would have looked like a woman in a tent.
My only critique is on her hair. She looks fantastic with her hair up in a bun, royal, elegant and most professional. With her cheeleader wind blown tossles she looks not casual but unkempt. Such a pity.
About the flying: she should be quite fine in first class, being able to walk around, whenever she wants, get enough to drink, whenever she wants and also she would be able to stretch out as much as she likes. However, the fatique from jetlat can't be avoided even by travelling in luxery.:neutral:

Don't you think that she travels via private jet - such as all the celebrities these days!

Moved posts

I have moved all posts relating to Princess Maxima's current and future title here. This thread is for current events and pictures of Princess Maxima. Please help keep this thread on topic by posting all thoughts, questions and comments on title to the above thread.

Empress
Dutch Forums Moderator

El poder de la princesa. LA HAYA (De un enviado especial).-Desorientado y con un inglés defectuoso, preguntó si ése era el tranvía que lo llevaba a su hotel. Cuando subió a la máquina, puso cara de distraído y a paso lento se sentó en un asiento de dos, sin pagar boleto. Cuando faltaban pocas cuadras, el pasajero se levantó, fue hasta el frente del tranvía y, en inglés, le dijo al chofer: "¿Me vende un boleto? Me olvidé de pagar". El maquinista le preguntó de dónde era. Al escuchar que se trataba de un argentino, lo miro: "¿Argentina?... ¡Máxima!" Le hizo saber que por venir del país de la princesa, esa vez viajaría gratis.
From la Nacion

"The power of the princess": Not sure if he was on the right way and speaking a bit of english, the journalist ask if that was the train took him to the hotel. He got into the train, and didnt pay the ticket. When he was just some blocks away from the hotel, he asked the driver : " Can you give me a ticket, I forgot paying" . But when the driver realised from where he was coming he said " Argentina?... Máxima!! ".. And becuase he was from the Princess's country, the journalist travelled for free :p

"Máxima's Hofdame"

This picture shows Queen Beatrix waiting for the British guests at Rotterdam Airport.

The lady next to her is Ottoline-Antoinette ('Lieke') Gaarlandt van Voorst van Beesd, a quite patrician lady and one of the Queen's Hofdames. She is known as 'Máxima's Hofdame' because she was the one who learned the unexperienced fiancée and bride to become a Princess of the Netherlands.

In fact Princess Máxima has no Hofdames. All Hofdames, Dames du Palais and the Grand Mastress work for the Queen. But this lady was "detached into the service of Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands".

Thanks for the pictures, The Watcher. Not very good angles though...

By the way, what's that book that's she's reading in the last one...does it have her face on the cover or am I wrong? Thanks!

very nice pictures of maxima, i enjoy seeing her, she is full of life at events. some wonderful pictures at ppe-agency.
Her outfit is great, she wore it safe today, the coat is cute

The way she carries the baby it must be a boy (or twins) I really hope so

She looks rather huge but it could also be the cut of the clothes she is wearing..She looks different with htis pregnancy. Maybe it is a boy..

Verde Esmeralda said:
By the way, what's that book that's she's reading in the last one...does it have her face on the cover or am I wrong? Thanks!

That's what I thought at first, but after seeing photos from different angles, I can see that it isn't Maxima ;)

The Princess looks amazing today, I really like her coat :flowers:

Beate said:
She looks rather huge but it could also be the cut of the clothes she is wearing..She looks different with htis pregnancy. Maybe it is a boy..

yes, I agree she look very different in this pregnancy, very different

Crown Princess Maxima attends a book presentation ceremony, as part of the European Safer Internet Day, on February 6, 2007 in The Hague, the Netherlands. Almost 40 countries participate in the fourth edition of Safer Internet Day (SID). The event is organised by European Schoolnet, coordinator of Insafe, the European safer internet network.

Pictures:
Maxima 1
Maxima 2
Maxima 3

Gallery of pictures from Isifa.

Last edited:
Even her face looks different..

It was so cute to hear:
Máxima has been asked if her kids already use the internet and what they are doing there.
Máxima answered that Amalia uses the Internet to have a look for a pink dress with hearts and bows. =)

Last edited:
She looks very tired and washed out, her makeup is a disaster, and that coat really doesn't do anything for her. It's a nice cause though.

Last edited:
fine

I didn't really like the coat, but other than that she looks just fine for a heavily preggers woman :flowers:

I also really liked the cause she visited today. Its very important for youths to have options like this.

The Oranges did meet Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke

Yesterday Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip were guests for lunch at Huis ten Bosch. The lunch was given by Queen Beatrix and was attended by the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima.

I'm not sure if yesterday was the very first time the Queen met Princess Máxima. It is possible there have been private encounters before. We also never know when Queen Beatrix is in England, while she always is a guest at Windsor for a weekend a year, so it seems.

she looked all happy and warm;)lovely as always
her coat is ok, I just did not like the purple pants, her hair and make up are ok too, but her hair has a frighed look to it, I think because of highlights colour, she needs to tone them down a little.

I think that Maxima is fabulous. I know that my mother was HUGE during her pregnancies so I will be the same some day. Maxima is getting out there and working despite the fact that she must have "fat days". The difference is that she will face photographers when she goes out to work. I hope that she has a happy healthy baby after all this. She always looks so happy and she is such a vibrant person.

Princess Maxima looks tired but still gives the beautiful smile as always.

thanks for the photo link. i love the coat, whole outfit stylish and classic. she does look different somehow, fuller? rounder? can't put my finger on the difference but she looks lovely and healthy.
can't wait to see the 3 little ones, they are always so playful and happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom