Princess Delphine & Family, News & Events 1; 2020 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paola is wearing her bag crossbody, not around her neck. The only strange thing is, why is she doing it in her own home? (We don't even see Delphine's bag.)

It might just be her not-too-subtle protest signal 'I'm not that comfortable with this and not staying long', because otherwise, why bring your bag in and keep it on for the picture?

?? I remember a few images from the television interview that King Albert gave in -I believe- 2014.
There Queen Paola walked around the house with a little basket. I guess she's one of those people who likes to keep her belongings (glasses, phone, tissues, pen, notepad and whatever) on hand and can not, like I do, stuff those things in her pockets.
Plus, her house is so much bigger than mine if you have to look for your glasses.

:)I also think that, given her physical discomforts, it is the most convenient way for her to carry a bag. But I admit it is a comical sight. As if they gave her a push into the chair and immediately took the picture. I would have liked to put that bag next to my chair anyway.

(By the way, Delphine's bag could easily been placed between the table and the sofa).

Last edited:
I have edited my post since you quoted it, to give some clarification/elaboration.
And let's leave it at you seem more interested in it than I am, I'm not too interested in Queen Paola anyway ;)

It has been mentioned before in this topic that carrying a bag/purse is not that weird in royal circles. They may have more customs that us commoners could find "weird".

I do not disagree with your last sentence, that Albert and Paola are possibly stunned as well, but I still think Delphine more. She was rejected all those years, they were not, and now she was invited.

This coming Saturday Wim Dehandschutter is a guest on Dutch royalty program Blauw Bloed. He is going to talk about this meeting. Chances are I'll watch it.

And I still wish to know how Mario Danneels feels about this.

?? I remember a few images from the television interview that King Albert gave in -I believe- 2014.
There Queen Paola walked around the house with a little basket. I guess she's one of those people who likes to keep her belongings (glasses, phone, tissues, pen, notepad and whatever) on hand and can not, like I do, stuff those things in her pockets.
Plus, her house is so much bigger than mine if you have to look for your glasses.

:)I also think that, given her physical discomforts, it is the most convenient way for her to carry a bag. But I admit it is a comical sight. As if they gave her a push into the chair and immediately took the picture. I would have liked to put that bag next to my chair anyway.

(By the way, Delphine's bag could easily been placed between the table and the sofa).

Thanks for the sharp-eyed info. I agree with you that Delphine's bag was probably on the floor somewhere out of sight; I mentioned it meaning that if we couldn't see hers, how much odder it is to see one with the hostess, not the visitor? You make very good points about why Paola might have one, though... if why she kept it for the picture is still a little bit of a mystery... :whistling:

Sorry we're boring you with handbag semantics, Skippy. ;) Did you get to see the program?

paola's contribution actually sort of added in to my own observations and explained it somewhat more. So far my handbag semantic ;)

And yes, I did get to see the program. Wim Dehandschutter mentioned that he got from a reputable source that Queen Paola was present the entire meeting, meaning that she didn't just pop in for the photo.

Princess Delphine paid a visit to the CHU Siant-Pierre/ UMC Sint-Pieter hospital, in Brussels today, November 17, on the occasion of Vaccine Day:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
It was a private Visit. She should have be vaccinated against the flew too. But She said first the medical Professionnels. She did not wanted to answer to questions about King Philippe and King Albert II . She was Delphine and caricative help. Well done

Any bets Delphine wants to put herself and her children in the line of succession?

Any bets Delphine wants to put herself and her children in the line of succession?

I don't think this would ever work out. It must be such a mystical thing, a king's blood, so that even illegitimate children can become Royal princes/ses. But such mythology only works when closely connected to legitimacy - so the next holder of that mythical blood has to be born from a marriage sanctioned by God. That's the only thing that explains to me what just happened there in Belgium (aside from the judicial effects where a badly written law allows for such an outcome).

The bets aren't even there to begin with. Her name and title are one thing, her professional identity is another. In her work she has the freedom and is just Delphine de Saxe Cobourg.

The bets aren't even there to begin with. Her name and title are one thing, her professional identity is another. In her work she has the freedom and is just Delphine de Saxe Cobourg.
That does not mean that she might not want to be in the succession. I dont tink she does but even if she did, there are loads of people before her...

That does not mean that she might not want to be in the succession. I dont tink she does but even if she did, there are loads of people before her...
What would it mean to her to be in the line of succession, there would be loads of other people before her.

What would it mean to her to be in the line of succession, there would be loads of other people before her.

It's really irrelevant if she's in the succesion line or not because she's the youngest of her father's children and her siblings have a lot of kids themselves (her elder sister even has grandchildren by now) so it's a non issue IMO. ;)

She would currently be 17th in line. And with many of her nieces and nephews, all Astrid's kids right now, being an age to marry and have kids, that number will keep growing and growing.

She has her recognition. She has had some start to a relationship with her family which is what she said she wanted.

She gains nothing with being in succession.

It was said since de beginning , no Dotation, No Royal Successsion.

Yesterday it was her first private Event as Delphine de Saxe Cobourg and she did well.
No Security but the Press. She did well asking the good questions.
She is ready to give her help in the future .

What does she need to help with? The RF has plenty of members who can do the charity work etc. No real need for an extra princess.

:previous: It's what she said herself after October 1st, and apparently there are organisations who appreciate her help/input.

The CHU Saint Pierre has a reason for choosing Delphine and she is willing to lend a hand. Good for her.

The CHU called the Press.
We have for the moment a terrible Lack of vaccination against the Flu.
The Princess said first the medical help and not me.

Interesting that Delphine is already seeming to undertake some engagements. Seems pretty quick.

The wardrobe is indeed terrible. I suppose without a dotation we can't ask for more.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is Delphine a modern Women . For her no Natan , no Chanel Princess Astrid)

The wardrobe is indeed terrible. I suppose without a dotation we can't ask for more.

I don't know whether a dotation would make a change in her wardrobe ;) It's her style and it's not inappropriate.

What does she need a wardrobe for?

So true. A bit creepy to witness women in 2020 judging another woman on her fashion style and her personal taste in clothing. The lady has always been rather unique - that is who she is; no need at age 52 to change herself in any way.

Last edited:
So true. A bit creepy to witness grown women in 2020 judging another woman on her fashion style and her personal taste in clothing. The lady has always been rather unique - that is who she is; no need to change herself in any way.

She has no need to do royal duties IMO. IF she was sincere and I think she was, that she wasn't chasing for royal status etc, then I think a dignified silence now that she has been recognized as Alberts daughter and indeed been givin a royal title as well, would be better than "doing royal duties". The Belgian RF have enough members to do their job without her doing anything. I don't like the idea that perhaps she might have wanted royal status and all that goes with it, as much perhaps than she wanted recognition as the daughter of Albert. Not that I excuse him.. but I think for her to suddenly appear doing engagement as if she were a full time Princess, is a bit off.

:previous: Has Delphine and her family moved to Belgium now? It appears the hospital set this event up to highlight Vaccine Day and the press were notified to be there. Last I checked the court of appeals granted she and her children with titles and the king was to cover her legal fees but no endowment or line of succession. I honestly thought she would return to her everyday life again not using her title. A "dotation" for new clothes, really? I don't think so. This all seems a bit awkward. I think she's finding her way as a new princess and daughter of King Albert.

but I think for her to suddenly appear doing engagement as if she were a full time Princess, is a bit off.

If you were to suddenly start receiving numerous social invitations because you were recently in the news, would it be so wrong for you to accept many of them just because you happened to be less in demand before the news stories? After her long unpleasant struggle for recognition, Delphine is enjoying herself and doing some good, so why be spiteful?

If you were to suddenly start receiving numerous social invitations because you were recently in the news, would it be so wrong for you to accept many of them just because you happened to be less in demand before the news stories? After her long unpleasant struggle for recognition, Delphine is enjoying herself and doing some good, so why be spiteful?

Frankly I'd feel that if I only got more invitations because I'd been in the news, I wouldnt want to see people who only invited me because I'd suddenly become famous or notorious...

She has now stepped into the stop light and is now attending to official engagements.

Delphine Boël was private individual with her own style.
HRH Princess Delphine is now a public individual and is carrying out engagements- she needs a new wardrobe
I don't know whether a dotation would make a change in her wardrobe ;) It's her style and it's not inappropriate.
What does she need a wardrobe for?

She has now stepped into the stop light and is now attending to official engagements. Delphine Boël was private individual with her own style. HRH Princess Delphine is now a public individual and is carrying out engagements- she needs a new wardrobe

So funny when fellow posters spout expectations of 21st century European royalty as though they were channeling the Dowager Countess from Downton Abbey circa 1912.

Delphine is a European princess in 2020 and her brother the King has embraced her exactly as she is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly I'd feel that if I only got more invitations because I'd been in the news, I wouldnt want to see people who only invited me because I'd suddenly become famous or notorious...

To be sure, that is one way of looking at the world.

But is it not more likely that people never knew much or anything at all of Delphine as a private person, and have become intrigued by her & her rather unique life-story as the result of hearing about it? ... One can't seek out an interesting person until one is aware of their existence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom