Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2011 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlene yesterday, an official visit of Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta Fra’ Matthew Festing
Daylife
Daylife
A really ugly dress, not sophisticated at all, that looks horrible on her.

I fail to see what is ugly about the dress since its black & simple and very elegant for what the pictures reveal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fail to see what is ugly about the dress since its black & simple and very elegant for what the pictures reveal.

(..)

I can´t see if the dress is beautiful or not, since it is so unsuitable from the top part and looks so tasteless. That´s what I meant by that it isn´t sophisticated.

Charlene yesterday, an official visit of Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta Fra’ Matthew Festing
Daylife
Daylife

Nothing special about the dress at all, its black, plain and boring IMO. The unflattering part and which looks wrong to me is the top part.

As it's been said before sugery speculations are not appropriate here and have been deleted!
Thanks for your understanding!

I think Charlene looks beautiful. A lovely, simple and elegant gown. Timeless actually. What I love is that she still looks glamorous without all the jewels.

I think Charlene looks beautiful. A lovely, simple and elegant gown. Timeless actually. What I love is that she still looks glamorous without all the jewels.

I agree, moreover she looks happy and self-confident.

There's way too much boob showing. If some princesses can get commented on for showing their knees, then it has to be pointed out that Charlene shows too much clevage.

She's stunning to begin with- she doesn't need to push up her boobs so much.

Yes, it's disappointing when she is "gilding the lily", time and time again.

We all know she has a good figure, so why does she have to draw extra attention to it ?

If some princesses can get commented on for showing their knees, then it has to be pointed out that Charlene shows too much clevage.

There's no problem about mentioning that she's showing too much, Lyonnaise.

let me break it down for you...
her breast are meeting you way before she does-strapless dress look better when the"girls" are not popping out
her shoulders are swimmer shoulders and you need...need...need something to break up that horzinal plan...a stright line like that make her looks like out of proportion.i.e like a stright line
no jewlery -earrings, braclet or even a necklace-you need something with a little bling
all of her accessories are black...you need something to break all that up..
imo folks

you always need some type of jewlery...small or big its always a must..imo
its like having mash potatos w/o the gravy u need it..a little or a lot of gravy is alway needed

We all know she has a good figure, so why does she have to draw extra attention to it ?

Its beyond me since the unnecessary boob showing really cheapens her appearance, Charlene could look stunning in that dress but unfortunately she doesnt, no class methinks.

I can only agree with you all.
She is beautiful, she's got a fantastic body and there is no need for her to show "Hans and Franz".
But maybe Albert likes it that way. He doesn't have a problem with it.

smush u do have a point he might like her dressing in a not so classy way and imo he seems to be the kind of man you would have to go out out of your way to make happy..to many ladies willing to take your place...imo

When I am the Prince of Monaco and I don't like my girlfriends/finacées/wifes dressing code I remind her of my status and that she also represents the state.
So I ask her nicely to dress appropriate and I don't have the feeling PA did that.
Maybe it's just the opposite. He likes her body, her shoulders and "Hans and Franz" so he doesn't care about the dress code.
He just wants his wife to look sexy and beautiful!

When I am the Prince of Monaco and I don't like my girlfriends/finacées/wifes dressing code I remind her of my status and that she also represents the state.
So I ask her nicely to dress appropriate and I don't have the feeling PA did that.
Maybe it's just the opposite. He likes her body, her shoulders and "Hans and Franz" so he doesn't care about the dress code.
He just wants his wife to look sexy and beautiful! .

IMO it is not a matter of Albert liking or not having problems with it.
The point is what is appropriate and, most important, what suits her. Strapless does not suit her at all, specially with her broad shoulders and inflated air bags. It is just not harmonious. Besides, 'sexy' is far more subtle than wearing strapless with boobs popping out. Many women can look extremely sexy without showing an inch of skin.

let me break it down for you...
her breast are meeting you way before she does-strapless dress look better when the"girls" are not popping out

you always need some type of jewlery...small or big its always a must..imo
its like having mash potatos w/o the gravy u need it..a little or a lot of gravy is alway needed
haha - I agree with you on both counts. You especially need some bling with such a simple, solid-coloured dress.

I think Charlene looked fantastic in the black dress. I hope she is secure and confident in her life to have so many people criticizing her at every turn.
This dress is too ugly
This dress shows too much boob
She needs to avoid black
She shouldn't wear halter type dresses
I swear she gets criticized more than Kate in the outfits department. I highly doubt wearing a strapless black gown is going to discredit Monaco anymore than Albert's illegitimate children have done.
ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF CHAR!

I don't think the dress is bad except for the exposure of too much cleavage and really it is boring in that Charlene wears this style and halter styles all the time. I don't mean she should cover herself up from head to toe, but in this instance, it was an appearance with the Head of the Order of Malta which is a very old order and is in close association with the Vatican so Charlene should have left the low cut cleavage in the closet. She could wear a strapless dress, but cut higher around the bust and also wear a shawl. Charlene is a Royal not a celeb.

Strapless or not, black or not, I think she looks beautiful and sexy.
Showing "Hans and Franz" is not the type of clothes I would prefer when I have to represent the state.
She doesn't need some bling with it. It all looks perfect the way it is!
But it's all a matter of taste and liking. You can't change that.

She could wear a strapless dress, but cut higher around the bust and also wear a shawl. Charlene is a Royal not a celeb.
do you think she is confuse on that matter?
many people criticizing her at every turn.
but she makes it sooo easy whereas princess kate dosent
Many women can look extremely sexy without showing an inch of skin.
i totally agree and those women know how to lure men in with that type of dressing but that does require skill and confidence -imo if charl would achieve something other than being someone's mate i think she would think about her choice of clothing and how it reflects on her and her husband..imo
also i wonder if you are large busted if you should avoid strapless dress altogether ?

I think this kind of bust is very helpful when it comes down to wearing couture and high end designer dresses (very befitting to a Princess of Monaco who is supposed to be more celebrity than other royals) - that otherwise would hang off the body like a potatoe sack.

Having said that, there is no need to show off the bust in a cheap way and stress it beyond the necessity of making a certain dress style look good. Not the bust is wrong, but the emphasis on the bust is. It makes a classy and elegant evening dress on a princess look like an on-purpose-too-tight dress on a B-celeb craving for attention.

Charlene doesnt need that at all and it doesnt help her to be taken seriously when it comes to her duties.

Daylife
Daylife

Oh Lady Finn,the dress is not ugly at all.It's a classical black dress
It's just a bit vulgar.This is what happens when women want to look too sexy by showing too much flesh (breast or legs).Charlene is not the only exception:cool:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Imageshack - 177sm.jpg
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

By the way,Charlene is not the only one to be blamed.Prince Albert has to guide her too.If he can't,he can hire for her a serious designer or a lady in waiting.
This is for sure a serious fashion faux pas.If I am not mistaken,l'odre de Malte has connections with the Catholic Church so there is no need to show her boobs that way.
Charlene is a very beautiful woman,so she doesn't need those extravagancies.
I hope,she will avoid dressing like her sister in law Stephanie who had some hilarious looks.As Duke said,she should be careful on how she dresses to be taken seriously
On the other hand,I have no problem with Charlene wide shoulders.Her body shape is much more attractive and beautiful than the bodies of some skinny or anorexic women.:whistling:

Very well said soraya!!!!!
Maybe we should give Charlene some time to adapt in her new role as a HSH.

good point soraya i'll give her time but shes had a lot of time already to adjust

. . . . . . but she makes it sooo easy whereas princess kate dosent?
First and foremost, Catherine in not a Princess, she's a Duchess!

Secondly, Her Serene Highness Charlene Princess of Monaco is not the first and only royal lady to make a fashion faux pas. She most definitely will not be the last.

Thirdly, give the woman a break. Being a royal is new to her and to be honest, Prince Albert is no help at all. He has a certain style he likes to see on women and I think Charlene is still dressing to please. Time will give her the confidence to be her own woman and I for one will be watching with interest.

Last edited:

Princesse Charlene attending the exhibition "Magnificence and Grandeur of the Royal Houses in
Europe" in Monaco today, August 3rd, wearing a grey dress and a white jacket, simple and
elegant - that's the style she should refine.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Full view ** Upper part
that is better glad to see or not see the "girls"

sugar marg
cate's official title is HRH Catherine Dutchess of Cambridge....she is a princess and of higher station that princess charl-......
and she is n the public eye and what goes with that are people liking you and your dress and people who dont... she has a lot of time to develope a way of dressing that would bring her praise but unforunately she seems to be a slow learner...nothing wrong with being slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom