Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: September 2003 - Sept. 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Joachim visited the Swedish Euro studio at the stadium before the game tonight. He talked a bit about his feelings for the tournament, the game etc. etc. He also looked "cool" in the headmicrophone thing they wear on their heads... :p

Originally posted by GrandDuchess@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 6:24 pm
Prince Joachim visited the Swedish Euro studio at the stadium before the game tonight. He talked a bit about his feelings for the tournament, the game etc. etc. He also looked "cool" in the headmicrophone thing they wear on their heads... :p
Oh, I would love to see that clip. Wonder why one of the sports programmes in DK haven't shown it yet..

Does anybody know the adress to Princess Alexandra and Schackenborg? Otherwise I think it's okay to write to this listed address on the Courts website:

Hofmarskallatet
Det Gule Palæ
Amaliegade 18
1256 København K
Denmark

Originally posted by GrandDuchess@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 5:41 pm
Does anybody know the adress to Princess Alexandra and Schackenborg? Otherwise I think it's okay to write to this listed address on the Courts website:

Hofmarskallatet
Det Gule Palæ
Amaliegade 18
1256 København K
Denmark
I think the court receives their letters first?

Hope they get your post!

Hi! could anyone translate this piece of text:
"Lille prins Nikolai var synligt imponeret, da onkel Frederik hjalp en vildfaren solsort tilbage i den royale rede.

Det skulle have været en hyggelig fodboldkamp mellem kronprins Frederik og hans lille nevø, prins Nikolai. Bolden var placeret på plænen ved Fredensborg Slot, men pludselig fik den fireårige dreng øje på en solsort, der faldt ud af reden fra et af de store træer foran Kancellihuset.
– Hvad skal vi gøre, onkel Frederik, råbte Nikolai, da han helt forskrækket så fuglen dratte ned på græsset.
Frederik var hurtig, og en-to-tre løb han hen mod den syge solsort, der prøvede at hoppe væk hen over plænen."

Originally posted by alexa_rdg@Jun 24th, 2004 - 9:17 am
Hi! could anyone translate this piece of text:
"Lille prins Nikolai var synligt imponeret, da onkel Frederik hjalp en vildfaren solsort tilbage i den royale rede.

Det skulle have været en hyggelig fodboldkamp mellem kronprins Frederik og hans lille nevø, prins Nikolai. Bolden var placeret på plænen ved Fredensborg Slot, men pludselig fik den fireårige dreng øje på en solsort, der faldt ud af reden fra et af de store træer foran Kancellihuset.
– Hvad skal vi gøre, onkel Frederik, råbte Nikolai, da han helt forskrækket så fuglen dratte ned på græsset.
Frederik var hurtig, og en-to-tre løb han hen mod den syge solsort, der prøvede at hoppe væk hen over plænen."
“The small Prince Nikolaj was visibly impressed, when Uncle Frederik helped a delusional blackbird back in the royal nest.

I should have been a nice food bold match between Crownprince Frederik and his small nephew, Prince Nikolai. The ball was placed on the lawn at Fredensborg Castle, but suddenly the 4-years old boy sees a blackbird falling out of the nest in one of the big trees in front of Kancellihuset.
- What are we going to do, uncle Frederik, Nikolaj called out, when he frightened saw the bird tumble down on the lawn.
Frederik was fast, and one-two-three he ran against the sick blackbird, who tried to jump away across the lawn.”

The rest of the story tells, that Frederik helped the bird back in the nest.

It looks like she dyed her hair light brown. I don't like the messy hair look on her. And what is she wearing? I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. :wacko:

Wasn't it raining and windy that day? That's probably why her hair was in disarray.

EVen though her dress is not the perfect choice for that occasion, her smile still showed how happy she was. VEry energetic person.

Something that looks like an overdone tan, might just be the photographer getting graphic with fancy filters and/or even fancier lighting ???

I didn't see the whole suit, just the top. Now it looks better. But I wish she didn't wear that shirt with it. Or shoulder pads. The suit kind of looks like a Mao Zedong female suit with clown colors ( shirt). But her smile made everything alot better. :p

She should have tied her hair (like ponytail) and the attire looks better without the scarf. The scarf made the attire less impressive. Good that the princess' smile was very nice.

Princess Alexandra is in Portugal for that big football game now. I forgot what it's called. Since Danmark lost, she might be coming back home early.

Originally posted by sky@Jun 27th, 2004 - 8:54 pm
Princess Alexandra is in Portugal for that big football game now. I forgot what it's called. Since Danmark lost, she might be coming back home early.
hey sky....i'm just wondering how do u get the news that Princess Alexandra is in Portugal now? do you have any pics of her in Portugal?

thankz in advance

I knew that too ... that she is in Portugal ... the only Royal able to be in Portugal to cheeer on the Danes in their vainglorious attempt in the Europe 2004 soccer championships being held in that wee country in the Iberian peninsula.

But now she is likely coming home.

For an idea as to what her schedule is, you should get into the habit of visiting
the Royal Danish Court Calendar.

Kalender
30/06 04
  Hendes Kongelige Højhed Prinsesse Alexandras fødselsdag.

translated:
Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra's birthday.

Can you please tell me any links to pictures that shows Princess Alexandra wearing the traditional attire (like CP Mary) when she went to Greenland.

;)

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jun 29th, 2004 - 10:13 pm
OH I don't like the makeup or the pose!
I agree. Though she still is very beautiful nonetheless. <No longer pertinent/Mandy>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx Lyonnaise. Alexandra's eyes look green in these pictures to me.

Originally posted by julial@Jun 21st, 2004 - 2:37 am
Just my opinion, but I think Alex is way prettier than Mary-still can't bevelieve somenone would be denmark`s cprincess. Feel sorry for the citizens. Scandinavians so many beautiful girls-
I think so too. Alexandra is overall the better, why couldnt she be the crown princess? :angry: :(

Originally posted by babar100@Jun 30th, 2004 - 5:44 pm
I think so too. Alexandra is overall the better, why couldnt she be the crown princess? :angry: :(
Because she fell in love with the cuter, hotter (in my humble opinion) younger brother :lol:

Popular princess celebrates 40th Search articles
AllThis weekArchiveIn & Out

30-6-2004 Print article (IE & NS 4+)

The enormously popular Princess Alexandra, who turns 40 years old today, hasn't put a foot wrong in nine years of public life in Denmark

Daily newspaper Jyllands-Posten profiled Alexandra on her recent trip to Sarajevo as honorary president of UNICEF, a trip in which the Hong Kong-born princess displayed her uncanny knack for listening intently, and making people from all walks of life feel valued and respected. Jyllands-Posten's reporter trailed Alexandra as she listened to the story of a 15-year-old blind boy from Sarajev, Robert Kajusic, taking the boy's left hand reassuringly as he related the story of how he lost his right arm and his sight when he and some friends happened upon an unexploded grenade. Princess Alexandra's visit to children in Sarajevo was part of the tireless campaign she has waged over the past several years to draw attention to suffering children and make a difference in the lives of those less fortunate.

In honour of the princess's 40th birthday today, media outlets across the country are paying tribute to Alexandra's ability to break down barriers and nurture contacts between people: her friendly and easy smile, genuine interest, broad knowledge, and empathy for those who suffer, from children to single mothers, pets, torture victims, or the blind. Alexandra's list of protectorates runs the gamut of Danish society, and as she approached her 40th birthday, the princess expressed an interest in taking on even more responsibility. In an exclusive interview with Ritzau news bureau last week, Alexandra said she hoped to become "more than just a ribbon cutter"--hoping to get involved in the day-to-day running of organizations near and dear to her heart. The Danish Red Cross has benefited enormously from Alexandra's personal involvement, and General Secretary Jørgen Poulsen has publicly praised her abilities.

Alexandra is a household name in Denmark--and a glimmer of her eventual role in the nation's public role was even apparent nearly ten days ago, when Alexandra Christina Manley took the Danish people by storm at a press conference just before her November 1995 wedding to Prince Joachim. Alexandra interrupted the official programme of the event, and took over the microphone, thanking the public in Danish for an official wedding gift of funds to restore Schackenborg Castle, her future home.

Until 1995, Alexandra lived and worked in the city of her birth, Hong Kong, where she was born the daughter of Richard Nigel Manley, a businessman of English-Chinese heritage, and the Austrian-born Christa Maria Manley. After completing her education in business economics, with study sabbaticals in Tokyo, London, and Vienna, Alexandra worked from 1990 to 1995 for G.T. Management (Asia) Ltd., where she attained the rank of deputy director.

The beginnings of her life in Denmark began auspiciously in 1994, when Prince Joachim was working for A.P. Møller's office in Hong Kong. Crown Prince Frederik paid a visit to his brother, and at a dinner held in his honor, Joachim and Alexandra were seated next to each other. The charmed meeting led to several dates between the two, romance blossomed, and during a vacation in the Philippines, Prince Joachim popped the question.

The entire relationship developed in secrecy. Not a single Danish journalist caught wind of the affair. But suspicions were raised on 31 May 1995, when Ritzau news bureau issued a noonday telegram announcing that Prince Joachim was to be married--and identified his fiancée as one of the daughters of the Spanish King.

It was with the added satisfaction of pulling a fast one on the national media that Joachim presented his future bride at a hastily assembled press conference at Fredensborg Palace.

The Danish people were immediately fascinated with the exotic, petite woman in the towering heels and Chanel suit with silk gardenia on the lapel (the look quickly became a fashion trend). She was hailed as a woman of the world, bringing a little international colour into the staid royal house. And her quick linguistic acumen didn't hurt matters, either--Danes were duly impressed with her ability to carry on a conversation after just six months and 200 hours of classroom instruction.

Today, Alexandra celebrates her 40th birthday, and her decade in Denmark has made an impression. And by all accounts, the evolution from high-powered executive to modern woman, wife, and mother suits her very well. Though she is perhaps most at home in the company of her two sons, Nikolai and Felix, Alexandra is also adept at the art and artifice of royal style, and can carry off a tiara with the best.

Alexandra had few indications of how her future life would unfold when she consented to marry Prince Joachim, and the pair had few days alone in Copenhagen before the engagement was announced. But in an interview with celebrity journalist Ninka, appearing in daily newspaper Politiken in 1996, Alexandra spoke candidly about making a relationship work: "One knows a little beforehand, for instance that marriage demands that both people respect each other…and even though a marriage is a party of not one, but two, both people need the space to be themselves."

Eventually, two became four, and Alexandra has since embraced the challenges of being a working mum.

"I'd like to travel out in the world, and I feel that my children are old enough now that I can travel. They're very well cared for, and Prince Joachim and I always make sure that one of us is home at all times," Alexandra told Ritzau last week, though her trip to Sarajevo last autumn was an exception, marking the first time that Nikolai and Felix were left in the care of nannies.

"But it's going well," Alexandra told Jyllands-Posten at the time. "I call home every night and talk to Nikolai. Felix doesn't say much yet, but I am very deliberate about making sure that Nikolai is the first to say good-bye before we hang up."

Alexandra veritably bursts with pride when she speaks publicly of her sons--she told members of the press once that Nikolai and Felix's first word was neither "Mama" nor "Papa," but "tractor," the true mark of a farmer's son.

"And I am proud of that," she said.

Article on Princess Alexandra for her BD. From the Copeghagen Post.

wow. That was so nice!

I am indeed very proud of her. She's the best.

Those boys are so cute. :heart: I think that article on Alexandra is a very good one.

The photos really shows the real Alexandra. Very true and the pictures depicts a very happy person.

What's her situation now as a 40 year-old royal. More fulfilled and stronger. It is also visible in her face the signs of growing older. I'm not trying to say that she is not beautiful already but you can't say that her face is still the same when she was 30 or something. You can see already some wrinkles on her face. But I like her because at the age of 40 she looks younger and very happy.

Originally posted by paulette@Jun 30th, 2004 - 7:41 pm
The photos really shows the real Alexandra. Very true and the pictures depicts a very happy person.

What's her situation now as a 40 year-old royal. More fulfilled and stronger. It is also visible in her face the signs of growing older. I'm not trying to say that she is not beautiful already but you can't say that her face is still the same when she was 30 or something. You can see already some wrinkles on her face. But I like her because at the age of 40 she looks younger and very happy.
I agree with you Paulette. I'm sure she knows more now then 9 years ago. She looks like she has gained wisdom over these pass years. I wonder if she thought where she was going to be in life 10 years ago living in Hong Kong. I think everyone tries to have some type of goal conquered by the time they are 40. :flower:

Prinsesse Alexandra fylder 40

Prinsesse Alexandra fylder 40 år. I den anledning åbner en udstilling af portrætfotografier af Alexandra. Den kan ses frem til den 7. august på Den Sorte Diamant, Søren Kierkegaards Plads 1.
To celebrate the birthday of Princess Alexandra, there will be an exhibition with portraits of her at the royal library in Copenhagen.

According the the danish tabloid BT, Princess Alexandra last night held a party with 90 invited people at the Copenhagen restaurant Konrad:

The invitation stated, that the dress should be festive and flamboyant, and most of the guests were literally dressed flamboyant :)

Unfortunately we don't get the chance to see Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim dressed festive and flamboyant :eek: :huh: :lol: They sneaked inside the restaurant by a back door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom