Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: September 2003 - Sept. 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by sky@Jan 17th, 2004 - 3:34 pm
"I was very taken with the way she viewed Shackenborg. I could see that she saw it as much more than just four walls and a roof. Her reaction was one of the main reasons that I dared go down on one knee." Said the Prince. He also went on to describe the Princess's personality stating: "I was totally fascinated by so much more than just her appearance."
A very interesting article, sky. Thanks for sharing it. And Joachim does seem indeed like a very articulate individual.

He sounds very smitten with Alexandra still, a bit in the "honeymoon" stage still evident in the way he speaks of her. I particularly loved how he phrased proposing "dared go down on one knee" -- so even a prince proposing is no guarantee of a 'yes' reply! :p

Well, he sounds like he'd actually give you the truth about the role you'd play.
Imagine this,
"I love you, but, before you answer, I'd better let you know that the press will hound you, they will tear apart everything you do,say,or where. You will be compared to almost every female in my family, including the women my brother dates and marries. You will have to be nice to people all the time, even if they're not nice to you, and you can't really give your own opinion on stuff because it could reflect badly on the monarchy if your words get misinterpreted. Oh, and my uncle's a reporter, so, watch what you say around him!"

Great article, thanks so much for sharing it.
Prince Joachim sounds like every bit the gentleman that people percieve him to be.

He also went on to describe the Princess's personality stating: "I was totally fascinated by so much more than just her appearance."

It's absolutely great to know that. Joachim and Alexandra are bound to have a blissful life together.

Originally posted by sky@Jan 17th, 2004 - 3:34 pm
Prince reveals he hopes for a son Search articles

AllThis weekArchiveIn & Out I got this from the copenhagen post.

21-1-1999 Print article (IE & NS 4+)

The tabloid press also came up for discussion with the Prince describing the constant press attention paid to his marriage as "extremely irritating." He also reiterated much of what Princess Alexandra stated in an interview the previous week. "The research for these articles could fit into the hole of an one kroner coin. The Princess feels that she is unfairly treated."

Does anyone know what Alexanda said about being treated unfairly? I do think that Joachim is more straigt forward than Fredas well.

Originally posted by sky@Jan 18th, 2004 - 10:25 am
I do think that Joachim is more straigt forward than Fredas well.
Can I ask why you think this?

Well, it just seems that to me that joachim will just tell you what he thinks and fred doesnt look that way to me. But maybe Im wrong since I dont live in Denmark, this is just what i believe from reading interviews from Fred and Joachim.

Joachim probably is more straight forward with people then Fred is, but he has a bit more space to say what he pleases. Fredrik will one day be King of his country and has to be a bit more (not sure how to put this), "wishy-washy." I don't mean that he can't say what he wants, he just has to be more controlled and chose his words a bit more carefully then most. I'm sure it will be the same between Mary and Alexandra.

I copied below the latet Hello Magazine articlea bout Fred's pay raise after his marriage. He will get £1.4 million.

I remember reading that the queen did not raise Joachim's pay after his marriage to Alexandra. I wonder why the raise for Fred/Mary and not for Joachim/Alex. Alexandra certainly does a great deal of public work for royal family.

Hello Magazine 22 JANUARY 2004
Weddings usually bring with them a slew of gifts for the happy couple, but Crown Prince Frederik's nuptials this spring will also mean another perk for the handsome royal – a massive boost in his annual allowance.

The prince, who currently receives about £363,000 a year from the Danish government, will see his pay increase tripled to nearly £1.4 million after he weds Australian PR executive Mary Donaldson on May 14.

Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen explained that the raise is intended to cover the royal pair's official spending and "significantly higher level of activities" once they wed.

"A careful calculation has been made about necessary expenses and one has to take into account that the crown prince will be more active. This will benefit all of us," said the politician.

Originally posted by Times2222@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 11:27 pm
I remember reading that the queen did not raise Joachim's pay after his marriage to Alexandra. 
I wonder why the raise for Fred/Mary and not for Joachim/Alex.
* The money is not given by the Queen - but the parliament.

* Prince Joachim's annual allowance was riced considerably when he became a married man - his wife gets 10% of his money earmarked as hers (this also goes for Henrik from his wife and Mary from her husband)

Prince Joachim runs a farm for which he gets huge eu-funding-support.

He runs allegedly successful businesses in Møgeltønder where his palace Schackenborg is situated.

Prince Joachim got 13 000 000 danish kroner as a wedding gift from the people.

* He is not the country's Crown Prince - who before marrying only has as staff his chief of court and two secretaries - in other words - who by marrying, moving house, getting a staff for two representing royals - needs very much more than in his bachelor days.

* The money is not given by the Queen - but the parliament.

* Prince Joachim's annual allowance was riced considerably when he became a married man - his wife gets 10% of his money earmarked as hers (this also goes for Henrik from his wife and Mary from her husband)

Prince Joachim runs a farm for which he gets huge eu-funding-support.

He runs allegedly successful businesses in Møgeltønder where his palace Schackenborg is situated.

Prince Joachim got 13 000 000 danish kroner as a wedding gift from the people.

* He is not the country's Crown Prince - who before marrying only has as staff his chief of court and two secretaries - in other words - who by marrying, moving house, getting a staff for two representing royals - needs very much more than in his bachelor days.
sounds reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know what that red string looking thing underneath Joachim's jacket is?

I think Prince Felix inherited his very cute eyes from his father. They have the same eye color!

I think Prince Joachim becomes more handsome if he smiles more than be very serious in photos. I prefer his personality being straight forward in syaing things to the media or whoever it is. In that way one would have no dilemmas in speaking what's in their minds or heart provided that it is done in a well-mannered and respectful way.

Well, thanks very much anna for that information you have given.

I think it might be an ID tag or a special tag to allow him access to parts of the conference the general public might not be allowed access to.

Felix does look a lot like his dad when he was young. Are there any better pictures of Joachim? In the pictures above, you can't really tell what colour his eyes are.

Attachments

• felix3.jpg
    felix3.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 239
I think Fred and Joachim are both handsome in their own way. Fred has more boyish looks, where, Joachim looks like an adult. But he doesnt look hansome all the time, nethier Fred. I think he needs to smile more.

Reception for the Chilean President: Jan/26/2004 COPENHAGEN DENMARK,

Official visit of the president of Chile to Denmark

9) With the Lord Mayor of Odense and chairman of the Hans Christian Andersen Jubilee commitee

IBL Pictures

Attachments

• DEA040126_11.jpg
    DEA040126_11.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 273
  • DEA040126_10.jpg
    DEA040126_10.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 242
  • DEA040126_09.jpg
    DEA040126_09.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 233
  • DEA040126_08.jpg
    DEA040126_08.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DEA040126_07.jpg
    DEA040126_07.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 232
  • DEA040126_06.jpg
    DEA040126_06.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 223
  • DEA040126_13.jpg
    DEA040126_13.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 250
  • DEA040126_12.jpg
    DEA040126_12.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 254
  • DEA040126_04.jpg
    DEA040126_04.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 239
  • DEA040126_03.jpg
    DEA040126_03.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 239
Prince Joachim in Cannes on 1/24/04

Attachments

• 751293_08.jpg
    751293_08.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 252
I was hoping she would wear something new. But I'm gald ahe back in Denmark.

from hellomagazine.com

27 JANUARY 2004

Stylish Alexandra does the honours at palace
With this month's week-long US tour now behind her, Princess Alexandra of Denmark returned home to continue her royal duties in Copenhagen.

The Hong Kong-born royal, who is married to Queen Margrethe's younger son Prince Joachim, had the honour of naming Chilean first lady Luisa Duran de Lagos as the newest goodwill ambassador for the upcoming Hans Christian Andersen bicentennial celebrations.

Chile's president, Ricardo Lagos, was on hand to pick up the prize – named after the famed Danish author of fairytales such as The Ugly Duckling – on behalf of his wife. The first lady, who was chosen because of her extensive charity work in her home country, was unable to attend the Christiansborg Palace ceremony, as she is still recuperating from an October operation on her trachea.

Other Hans Christian Anderson 2005 Foundation ambassadors, appointed to help promote the worldwide celebration of the writer's 1805 birth, have included Hollywood stars Harvey Keitel and Susan Sarandon, as well as Brazilian football star Pele.

Hi .

This January has been a busy month for her.
The UNICEF city, Trip to the US, and now more work at home.

1/27/04 IML Pictures

Attachments

• IML_SCANPIX_1000039130.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000039130.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IML_SCANPIX_1000039122.jpg
    IML_SCANPIX_1000039122.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 179
Nice pictures! :rolleyes:

I was so amazed to see Princess Alexandra back in Denmark from her long visit in the US. She started her week in Denmark right away and even busy with all the functions and tasks to do as a royal and as an important citizen of her country.

She is indeed one of the most hardworking member or even the most hardworking member of the DRF. She takes her tasks with sincerity and determination. Even how many tasks she has, she never fails to look fashionable and even glowing. I loved her skin complexion since the start. She is just amazing.

I am already speechless here in my room and I don't know what and how to describe her with more flowery adjectives. She is just the best.

:flower:

I really like Princess Alexandra. I hope her role will not be diminished too much after Frederick and Mary's marriage. She is an asset to the Royal Family.

I just saw prince J on Swedish TV
MTV upnorth talking about Danish music industry, I love his English…

Me too. I´m so amazed that she is EVERYWHERE, although just returned from a long trip to US packed with programmes.

So proud of her!

Alexandra's almost 40-years-old, right? So why does she insist on dressing like an old lady? I'm beginning to like Mary's style. I'm certain that Mary will outshine Alexandra, in the fashion department, once she becomes the Crown Princess of Denmark.

The Polka Dot Door, the Polka Dot Door. Songs and stories and so much more... at the Polka Dot Door. :innocent:

Sorry, something about Alex's outfit reminded me of a tv show I watched as a child.

It's strange because normally if you have a top that goes over a short skirt like that, it isn't that long. Great legs too. Don't care for polka dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom