Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 29: August 2010 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh.... where is Charlene?! They're newlyweds and she's not attending events with her husband. This marriage just gets more and more odd and like an arranged marriage every day. Are the people of Monaco actually warming to there absent princess?

PA announced years ago that the princess of Monaco would not necessarily be active in official affairs. Keeping this in mind, I think she's doing an admirable job.

Uh no... but I can't imagine Diana not being there to welcome important guests just after she'd married Charles. If they are business visits then I can understand her being absent but she seems to be absent quite a bit.
Not quite comparable since Charles wasn't the head of state, although I am pretty sure he met with lots of people without his wife being present. QE2 receives ambassadors without the DofE being there to hold her purse.

Back to Prince Albert's current events:

He attended the Jean Roch Concert at the Grimaldi Forum as part of the 'MICS Monaco International
Clubbing Show" in Monaco on November 10, Jean Roch is the gentleman on the right.

** Pic **

Yesterday, November 12, Prince Albert has attended a meeting prior to the 2011 World Athletics Gala Awards
and later attended the awards ceremony itself in Monaco.

Jamaican sprint icon Usain Bolt and Australia's Sally Pearson, the world 100m hurdles champion, were named
athletes of the year.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

Thank you very much for the pictures.
A sports gala without Charlene :sad:
It's about time she shows up again ;)

Prince Albert has given an audience for the members of the IAAF Council on November 10,
IAAF General Secretary Pierre Weiss received the Médaille de Vermeil de l’Education Physique
et des Sports.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** source **

Prince Albert attended the 'Pirates Des Abysses' book presentation of Pierre Frolla at the
Oceanographique museum in Monaco on November 23, 2011.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Prince Albert has visited the Aquarium of San Sebastian, Spain today, November 25.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages gallery **

** Peluches para Alberto II de Mónaco ** translation **

** Alberto de Mónaco homenajea en el Aquarium donostiarra a su tatarabuelo ** translation **

Albert also visited the Balenciaga Museum and viewed dresses created by Spanish designer
Cristobal Balenciaga that belonged to Princess Grace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And yesterday, November 24, Prince Albert attended the celebrations for the Lebanese
National/Independence Day at the oceanographic museum in Monaco:

Last edited:

On November 28, Prince Albert received Luiz Figueiredo, Assistant Secretary for the Environment,
Energy, Science and Technology of Brazil for a meeting at the Princely Palace to discuss bilateral
issues and the Rio+20 Conference. Later there was a workshop at the Oceanographic Museum to
prepare conclusions and concrete policy recommendations for the preparatory process of the Rio
+20 conference in 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On November 30, Prince Albert honoured athletes from Monaco who have been successful in 2011.
The award ceremony took place at the Auditorium Rainier III in Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** purepeople *

Ah, haven't seen pics of Albert (nor the family) since the beautiful wedding this past summer. Seems like ages ago!

And on that note, Albert looks wonderful, married life sure seems to be agreeing with him ~ he's lost weight and is glowing. :heart:

Ah, haven't seen pics of Albert (nor the family) since the beautiful wedding this past summer. Seems like ages ago!

Then you have a lot to catch up on ;):)

Today, December 2nd, Prince Albert opened the "MonacoPhil 2011", an international philatelic exhibition
organised by the Monaco Stamp Issuing Office and the Monte-Carlo Club. It runs till Sunday, December
4 at the Terrasses de Fontvieille.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

That was quck: Yesterday still in South Africa (see Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's current
events thread), today back in Monaco attending an event:

Prince Albert opened the Italian Art Exhibition at the Grimaldi Forum today, December 9, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/wireimage gallery **

Prince Albert has attended the thesis viva voce in prehistory of Elena Rossoni-Notter
from Monaco in Tautavel, southwestern France, on December 13.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Prince Albert has visited elderly people at the residence La Quietudine in Monaco, December 15.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I just love these photos of the siblings visiting the elderly! :) First Princess Caroline on December 13th (btw I cried when I saw the photo where she sat down to have lunch with the two ladies in the hospital bed), then Princess Stephanie on December 15 at another hospital, and now Prince Albert here. :)

It's amazing how close this family is despite some that try their hardest to tear them apart. Never. They are one. Their parents taught them well. BRAVO! :)

On December 15 Prince Albert attended the annual charity auction sale of Christmas Trees
for the benefit of the "Action Innocence" charity association at the Hotel de Paris in Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Geeze, Albert is really brave, especially at his age. Seriously, one can literally catch their "death of cold" by taking the plunge in such chilly weather.

But considering his new & improved physique I suppose it doesn't matter too much , as long as one is healthy they should be able to stave off illness. :flowers:

BRAVO, Albert! :cool:

LOL, too cold for me :lol:
I wonder why Charlene didn't attend this year :cool:

^^^^^
Perhaps she was on her way back from Berlin.

:lol: That's what I thought too, it must have slipped my mind.

I could never do this- It would take me a YEAR to warm back up again! Bravo for Prince Albert!

Prince Albert attended the presentation of the film that was made about Monaco's participation at this
year's Chelsea Flower Show in London, at the Princess Grace Theatre in Monaco on December 20, 2011.

The other gentleman is Roger Shine, a close friend of Albert, who got the idea of the Monaco/Chelsea garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom