Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 27: November 2008 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 27 of the thread for the Current Events of Prince Albert II of Monaco.
You can find the old thread here:
Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 26

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Thank you for the new Thread No. 27 of Prince Albert II of Monaco. Let's hope that soon we may live an engagement ! Regards.

PIcs 25.11.2008

That's my job, Tilla :)

Prince Albert II of Monaco meets Prince El Hassan bin Talal of Jordan
at Hermitage Hotel in Monte-Carlo, Monaco, November 25, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Glistening Seas

Did anyone mention what the occasion of the visit was. Btw Pa looked wonderful and thaaat hotel is beautiful!:harvest::stocking::poinsettia:

Prince Albert and Bangladeshi economist and Nobel laureate Muhammad Yunus pose prior to a public conference, " Creating a world without poverty", to present Yunus's 'Social business' new project, Monaco, November 29 2008.
Gallery Prisma

Glistening Seas

As always PA manages to look smashingly wonderful, however, how does anyone have any more info on the hows/whats of the create a world without poverty "thing" PA is doing? This is probably not the thread to get into depth about it??:ohmy: But just a hint or someone could let us know what thread it's at!:popcorn::candycane::poinsettia:

Pics 1.12.2008

Thank you for that link, giov :flowers:

Prince Albert II addresses the 9th Conference of the Parties to the
Convention on Migratory Species held at the palace of the Food and
Agriculture Organization (FAO) in Rome, Italy, 1st December 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks for the pics Iceflower!:flowers:
I didn't know PA was in Roma!
The lady in Pic 2 is the Italian Minister for the Environment, Stefania Prestigiacomo.
As always PA manages to look smashingly wonderful, however, how does anyone have any more info on the hows/whats of the create a world without poverty "thing" PA is doing? This is probably not the thread to get into depth about it??:ohmy: But just a hint or someone could let us know what thread it's at!:popcorn::candycane::poinsettia:
Muhammad Yunus is the founder of the Grameen Bank and was in Monaco to make his projects better known and to presents his new ones, such as the "Social business".
I guess Prince Albert supports him, as many people do, and he hosted Yunus conference, "Creating a world without poverty", in Monaco.
I have always been a fan of Yunus!
Muhammad Yunus

Pics 1.12.2008

Some more pics from today:

Rome Mayor, Gianni Alemanno, receives Prince Albert II of Monaco
during a visit in Rome, Italy on December 1, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Gallery **

It's been a busy day for Albert, in the evening he also supported
Stephanie with her Fight Aids Monaco organisation, check out the
following post at "Princess Stephanie for Fight AIDS Monaco" for
information and pics.

Glistening Seas

:innocent: What a delightful collage of pictures. The scenery was beautiful of the visit to italy such a beautiful country. Is that near the Vatican??? It was indeed difficult to pick just one fav. However, the pictures with Stephanie and Pa group my fav was the one of Pic poised in front of PA pic amongst the trees! His suit and pose were great. Stephanie never takes a bad pic however, it's probably going to be everyone's fav the one with stephanie and PA laughing Stephanie was having a hearty laugh about so-m-e-t-h-i-n-g hee. indeed, don't we all wonder whaat it could beeee!:lol::xmasbell::harvest::wreath:

Peace And Sport Forum In Monaco

Peace And Sport Forum In Monaco

The Principality of Monaco will be hosting the second International Peace and Sport Forum December 3 to 5 where, according to a press release, about 300 well-known figures and experts will participate at the service of peace in the world under the High Patronage of H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco....

So, P. Albert was in the morning in Rome and in the evening in Monaco, at Gala. :ohmy: He is Speedy Prince.
Awesome pics of Albert and Steph at Fight AIDS event. :) Stephanie appears sad, though.

Thanks for the pics Iceflower!:flowers:
I didn't know PA was in Roma!
The lady in Pic 2 is the Italian Minister for the Environment, Stefania Prestigiacomo.

Muhammad Yunus is the founder of the Grameen Bank and was in Monaco to make his projects better known and to presents his new ones, such as the "Social business".
I guess Prince Albert supports him, as many people do, and he hosted Yunus conference, "Creating a world without poverty", in Monaco.
I have always been a fan of Yunus!
Muhammad Yunus

Me too! I'm really glad to see Albert host him and this event:flowers:. Do we have more pictures including some of the other people in attendance?

Pics 3.12.2008

Prince Albert at the Automobile Club of Monaco invited by
the Monaco Press Club, November 3, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

welcome in morocco prince alber we are most welcoming you in our country with warm reguards of the new year 2009.

Glistening Seas

:) It seems PA is more "green":D than most. It seems he re-uses his suits once a month???otherwise, his closet would be most crowded indeed, if he got a new suit every time he went on an outing. As often as he attends functions that could get pricey, even for him!!!:lol::candycane::poinsettia:

I am very confused.:confused:
I just found this, it seems recent event, like yesterday. It is in Monaco Press Club and Albert is wearing the same suit and tie as in pics posted by iceflower, but she posted day Nov. 3. I am sorry if I'm nuts :blush: but I am really confused...:unsure:
SAS le Prince Albert II : « il n'y a pas de questions indiscrètes ! » | Portail info Monaco

No need to be confused, Lakshmi. I'm quite sure that your date is
right, agencies sometimes mix up dates and in addition to that
it's surely been the same event as the background is the same
as well :)

That's my job, Tilla :)

Prince Albert II of Monaco meets Prince El Hassan bin Talal of Jordan
at Hermitage Hotel in Monte-Carlo, Monaco, November 25, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Why P Albert met with prince el Hassan ... Are they friends ?

I think this time the date is right ;)

From left: Franco Salvatori, president of the Italian Geographic Society,
Prince Albert II of Monaco, Marquis Fabrizio Di Jura, president of the
Dante Alighieri Monaco, the historic home Grimaldi Professor Leonardo Saviano,
pose after Prince Albert II was awarded the gold medal , the highest honour
of the Italian Geographical Society 'for having wanted to resume, after a
century, the path of his grandfather, Albert I, towards the North Pole', in
Rome, Italy, 03 December 2008

-----> Pic

Glistening Seas

:wub::flowers: We hadn't picked up on the date of these pics. But, ohh you were right about the dates on the photo's! :lol: it's nice to see that the press too, has an off day!:harvest: :stocking::wreath:

Pic 5.12.2008

Yesterday Prince Albert had been among the first visitors
of the Chrismas village (market) in Monaco. The market is
open daily from 11 am - 10 pm till January 4, 2009 ( quite
extraordinary in my eyes, that it won't close right after
Christmas :)).

** Pic 1 ** Article **

Thanx iceflower for pics. :) It must be really warm in Monaco, because kids are only wearing national outfits with short sleeves. But on the other hand PA and his people are in winter coats.:lol:

Glistening Seas

:D it appears that it's cold and perhaps, it is. But remember, kids have lose clothing which can hide layers and with all that energy being spent dancing most probably weren't even affected, could it be???? The article was delightful. It was surprising to see it was PA first visit to this delightful festivity??? One of the fav of Monaco's festivities we enjoy seeing is where for charity they have all the christmas trees decorated up in one room and then they are sold.:xmastree: Truly one of our favorites. Let's hope they have lots of pics, this year!:harvest::poinsettia::candycane:

Last edited:
Here are several pics from the last days.

1. Some more pics from the opening of the Christmas village on December 5:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

2. Some pics from the award gala evening of "Peace and Sport" in Monaco,
as there were three conference days of that organisation from December 3-5,
I guess the award gala took place on Friday, December 5, but I'm not sure.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

3. Some pics of Prince Albert at the opening of an exhibition of
a numismatic collection at the museum for coins and stamps in
Monaco this weekend.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thanks Iceflower,

Nice holiday pictures -- the last ones with the stamps are really nice of Albert. That's a nice picture of him on the stamp too. I like the event with all the different little trees. I hope they get some nice photos.

Glistening Seas

:)The pics did turn out nice. Are all the coins gold?? Is the fab pic of PA going to be sold?? it will probably get a huge price it's a beautiful drawing of PA and it "really" does look like him too, it's great. let's hope we get photos of the charity selling the christmas trees!!!:harvest::xmasbell::wreath:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom