King Abdullah and Queen Rania, Current News and Pictures, Part 18

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amman, Jordan (AHN) - King Abdullah II has repeated his support for the UN-backed cease fire taking effect in the Middle East.
LINK

Amman, 16 Aug. (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Wednesday reaffirmed Jordan's support to the Palestinian National Authority's efforts to keep national unity in the face of the various challenges.
LINK

Amman, Aug. 16(Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II issued orderes on Wednesday to distribute 110,000 school bags, from his own money, for students in underprivileged areas in the Kingdom
LINK

King Abdullah meets military personnel (Petra)

ISLAMABAD • King Abdullah II of Jordan will arrive in Pakistan on August 22 on a day-long visit to discuss the current Middle East situation with President Pervez Musharraf
LINK

Thank you for the pdf link Joumana, is this a regular magazine over there?

She looks great in the photos, you can really spot her in a crowd can't you - she just stands out from everyone, she really glows.

Her mother must be very proud of her daughter and what she is trying to achieve for her country and the image she projects to the world.

snowwhite said:
Thank you for the pdf link Joumana, is this a regular magazine over there?

She looks great in the photos, you can really spot her in a crowd can't you - she just stands out from everyone, she really glows.

Her mother must be very proud of her daughter and what she is trying to achieve for her country and the image she projects to the world.

I believe it is lebanese weekly magazine , it seems they always follow the activity of the Royal of Jordan .

Can anyone like host the images at anyother website and post them here. I can't open the PDF file....:flowers:

Laraib said:
Can anyone like host the images at anyother website and post them here. I can't open the PDF file....:flowers:

It is the same pictures for the Queen in the fund-raising concert in support of Lebanon in Amman July 30, 2006 , so it is not new pictures , you can see the pictures in the first page of this thread :)

Amman, Aug. 20 (Petra) -- The Jordan Hashemite Charity Organization JHCO in coordination with the Crisis Management Center at the Jordan Armed Forces on Friday sent the 212 convoy of relief for Palestinian brethren.
LINK

King Abdullah II of Jordan is arriving in Azerbaijan tomorrow.
LINK

King heads for Pakistan</STRONG>
/4/
Amman, Aug. 22 (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II on Tuesday left for Islam Abad on a two-day work tour that will take him to Pakistan and Azerbaijan

LINk

Prince Ali is accompanying him.

King Arrives in Islamabad

........Upon arrival, King Abdullah was received by the Pakistani President and senior officials as well as the Jordanian Charge d'affaires in Islamabad
LINK

Very nice photos, mims111. I really appreciate it when other members keep us up to speed with what Queen Rania (and King Abdullah) are doing--as I don't have access to all these sources. So it's great to be able to come here and have a look and see them! Thanks!!!!

I thought this was a neat article on a book produced by Beloit College in Wisconsin:

[SIZE=+3]Flowers for a Queen [/SIZE]
By Lytton John Musselman’65
Jordan.jpg
“I love the title,” exclaimed Her Majesty Rania al Abdullah, Queen of Jordan, in response to the choice of a title for a book she commissioned me to write. Articulate and charming, she chatted with me in the hallway of the Jordan River Foundation. I was flattered that she appreciated my efforts to describe the plants of her domain, and I valued the opportunity to work for her on plants I love.

Queen Rania intended the book, Jordan in Bloom: Wildflowers of the Holy Land, to draw attention to the diverse flora of Jordan and the need for its conservation.
She commissioned Russian artist Dasha Fomicheva to prepare a set of watercolors of native Jordanian plants for the publication. Dasha spent her childhood years in Jordan and has a passion for wildflowers. Working with the artist, I selected 53 different plants for the book. A very small country, Jordan would fit into the commonwealth of Virginia with 10,000 square miles to spare, yet its location at the axis of three continents ensures a flora richer than Virginia’s. Despite aridity (about 80 percent of the country is desert), there are more than 2,500 plant species in Jordan. The ecological diversity is extraordinary.

One of my favorites is Anemone coronaria, perhaps the plant Jesus referred to when he said, “Consider the lilies of the field ....” Plants featured in the writings of the great Arab physician-botanist Ibn Sina, Arab poets, and Lawrence of Arabia are also included. With such a feast of plants available, it was difficult to limit the menu.

At present, there are no plans to sell Jordan in Bloom outside of Jordan. Presentation copies will be used by the Royal Court for official visitors. The remaining copies will be sold to aid Queen Rania’s charity, which helps abused children. (She also sponsors several programs for women, among them village industries and ecotourism.) I am thankful to have participated in the production of such a spectacular volume on plants of the Middle East and to draw attention to Jordan in bloom.

Jordan's king in Pakistan for Mideast talks

ISLAMABAD (AFP) - Jordan's King Abdullah II has flown to Pakistan to discuss the situation in the Middle East following the conflict between Israel and the Shiite militia Hezbollah.

President Pervez Musharraf met Abdullah at the airport and they went to the presidential palace to talk about regional developments and bilateral issues. Yahoo News/AFP

King Arrives in Islamabad

Islamabad, Aug. 22 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II arrived in the Pakistani capital Islamabad on the first leg of a working tour that will also take him to Azerbaijan.

His Majesty will hold talks with Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf on mechanisms of enhancing relations between Jordan and Pakistan in all fields.Petra

Pictures from Petra

Thanks for the pictures, Humera. Jordan and Pakistan are working towards closer links on a variety of different issues, not just the usual areas like trade.

It's a shame the book won't be available outside of Jordan, I imagine if it was available it would probably sell qutie well.

What issues Jordan and Pakistan are working together?

Why it's not available outside Jordan?

I think it's even not available in Jordan for public,it's only for royal court and their guests,it's a shame that the results of all that efforts of making such as book of ecology are not shared by normal people who have interest in that subject.

I just love Queen Rania! She is so elegant when she is dressed up, yet so beautifully tough when not. Hope that makes sense:)

Spiderman's production should thank QR about free publicity she is doing for them ;)

Yes becky I know what you mean, she is so elegant when she dresses up but equally she looks strong when she dresses "down" (not that she ever does) she looks strong too.

It's a contradiction but she looks very delicate and fragile (physically) at times but she comes across at the same time as being strong and sure of herself in terms of personality, she really has honed what she has and developed into a true Queen.

And I have to agree with Tamara, it's a pity about that book on flowers in Jordan - I would buy it if the book was available. I wonder why they would just use if for the Royal Court and just sell the remainder for charity - why not earn more money selling it elsewhere to the general public?

I have to admit that seems an odd decision to me. All that work for so little impact.

it is a pity, just like the children's book Queen Rania wrote several years ago (a story about her late father-in-law, King Hussein). The book was distributed amongst Jordanian school children and Im pretty sure isn't available outside of Jordan.

^I am not sure about QR's skills to write a book for children,but the latter book of ecology seems to be written by some professionals and researchers and deserved to be shared by general public who got interest about that field.

Queen Rania welcomes students back to school</STRONG>
/23/
Amman, Aug, 23 (Petra)--Schools across the Kingdom started their new academic year today after a long summer holiday; at Al Jiza Secondary School for Girls students said they were pleasantly surprised to be returning to school to find Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah on their campus.
LINK

TamaraKhan said:
What issues Jordan and Pakistan are working together?
Health and education are the 2 areas I'm aware of. The Pakistani and Jordanian Governments have been discussing various health programmes and issues including ways in which to tackle Aids.

An official welcoming ceremony of the King of Jordan, His Majesty Abdullah II took place on August 23 at the Presidential Palace.
LINK
The above link has pictures of the King and the President of Azerbaijan

King of Jordan, His Majesty Abdullah II today began his official trip to Azerbaijan with visiting the Alley of Martyrs in Baku.
LINK

If it allowed i want to say somthing about QR i always Thought that she is a very Elegant women and still but i have to say that she behaves like a star and not a queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom