Kate Middleton Current Events 9: June 14-26, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
"But when he refused, she turned to Kevin Duggan, a 28-year-old Irishman passing by. Mr Beirne said he was forced into a painful armlock and thrust against a wall while the Princess screamed: "Get the film".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1997/04/02/ndi02.html

None of the Royal Families are saints, is the point I was making, Kate who is not even a member yet, is being torn apart by some it would seem!:)

Well I stand corrected :) But I totally agree with your statement regarding people being torn apart.

Some people need to relax. It appears that the sign that Kate expressed can be viewed many things by different people. Personally...to me it represents the Peace sign. She is not yet a member of the Royal Family..and considering some of the things that they have done...this is relatively minor.

And Duchess I totally agree with your comments about Kate socializing. Do people expect her just to sit at home?! And in reference to the comment about her hanging out with her friends...how do you know she isn't? You can't judge someone on a 10 second snapshot.

I personally don't know why some people can't admit they just don't like her (which they are certainly entitled to do) and stop nit picking. :)

Last edited:
Zonk1189 said:
Some people need to relax. It appears that the sign that Kate expressed can be viewed many things by different people.
Exactly and she was at an event organised by 'V'irgin.
She would have been fully aware of the photographers, the only thing she forgot, was that some will use anything to try to show her in a bad light.
Zonk1189 said:
I personally don't know why some people can't admit they just don't like her (which they are certainly entitled to do) and stop nit picking. :)
Well said! :)

melike2 said:
Basic etiquette! :) It's exactly the thing she is in dire need! As well as everybody else who thinks it is not a big deal. A sophisticated woman shouldn't do such a thing, no matter what the circumstances are. Oh, wait! Did I say sophisticated? Sorry, that's not Kate!

Supposing the sign was meant to stand for Virgin.... if it is so, how can you say she is not courting the press? What is it then? :confused:

Ok, she made a mistake. Everybody does time to time...but praising her for it! Oh come on! What would you say if the queen did this when she decided she had enough of the photographers? Ok, Kate is not queen yet...but maybe she'll be one day...(although I don't think she is suitable for the role)

So what you're saying is that Kate is not sophisticated, she's courting the press (by making the V sign for Virgin), she made a mistake, she's not queen yet.

So if its all true, its hardly shocking and worthy of condemnation and its hardly grounds to say she won't be suitable for Queen one day, which is an event far enough into the future anyway after the deaths of both the Queen and Prince Charles.

Lamyah said:
This lady is becoming overexposed & famous for no apparent reason other than for dating a prince. I would suggest that she goes back to her discreet life and stop attending every celebrity party scene, it makes her look like a fluffy, useless socialite. From the latest news and pictures of her looking drunk and flipping the papparazzi, it seems to be someone in desperate need for a serious media training, if not basic etique.

I have to admit that if I were invited to a party given by Richard Branson, I'd definitely go although I'm not a socialite. He's a fascinating character and I imagine he has an interesting group of people at his affairs.

EmmieLou said:
I was away for the weekend and was kinda shocked to see Kate dancing like a drunk lunatic in one paper and her giving V in another.

While I agree that giving the V was in bad taste, I don't think she looked like a drunk lunatic while dancing. Having been to clubs and parties myself, I thought it looked rather tame and fun - nothing to disapprove of in my book. However, as I wasn't there, I have no idea what it was like. Perhaps she did have a bit much to drink - the "V" sign seemed out of character for her. Oh well, it happens.

I agree with grevinnan, the photo looks like it was touched up. I tried doing it exactly the way she did just for kicks after reading her comment. Then turned my hand around and my knuckles are in a straight line. On her hand the knuckles of the fingers making the V sign are not even there. Hmmmm.....

Lamyah said:
This lady is becoming overexposed & famous for no apparent reason other than for dating a prince. I would suggest that she goes back to her discreet life and stop attending every celebrity party scene, it makes her look like a fluffy, useless socialite. From the latest news and pictures of her looking drunk and flipping the papparazzi, it seems to be someone in desperate need for a serious media training, if not basic etique.

Unfortunately for Kate the press will not leave her alone - as long as she dates PW she's considered fair game by the paps and the media. As for her looking drunk - i've seen the pix she didn't look drunk to me. Just looked like another twentysomething pretty woman enjoying herself.

As for the 'V' sign. Yes she shouldn't have done it. But apart from that i APPLAUD her for the way she's coped with the spotlight so far.

Sebastiana said:
A peace sign is with the palm facing out. A V sign is like flicking someone off -- palm in.

Thanks for explaining that, Sebastiana. At least now I won't get into troubles when i am in London.:)

Skydragon said:
Exactly and she was at an event organised by 'V'irgin.
She would have been fully aware of the photographers, the only thing she forgot, was that some will use anything to try to show her in a bad light.
That does make sense, I mean V could stand Virgin studios.
There could be many explanations.

so now that we've all speculated about the hand gesture...could we move on to something else??

ysbel said:
So what you're saying is that Kate is not sophisticated, she's courting the press (by making the V sign for Virgin), she made a mistake, she's not queen yet.

So if its all true, its hardly shocking and worthy of condemnation and its hardly grounds to say she won't be suitable for Queen one day, which is an event far enough into the future anyway after the deaths of both the Queen and Prince Charles.

I didn't say this is why she is not suitably to be queen one day.
What I meant is that her whole behaviour seems affected FOR ME. As if she tries to be somebody she is not. But now the real Kate has strated to come out and there will be not so nice acts from her. Sorry for saying this but I find her very irritating. And yes: she is NOT sophisticated. I won't change that... But of course it doesn't mean others can't have different opinion about her... I just said what I felt.

Kate is being CRUCIFIED at other boards for the obvious Virgin hand gesture and for attending the party. I swear the depths of hatred some people have for her is unsettling. At first they damn her for being "fake" and prim and proper. When she goes out and kicks up her heels, she is damned by these same people for that.

Truly if you all read other boards where hatred towards Kate Middleton knows no bounds you'd be flabbergasted.

Looks like they really crucify her for nothing. First, they made everything up as though she was insulting the media and making rud hand gestures and then, they say it was not rude at all and she was just showing her support for Richard Branson.

Prince William's girlfriend makes rude gesture to photographers

But the 23-year-old might not have been quite as rude as first appeared - she was actually making a V sign to show her support for Richard Branson's Virgin organisation
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/25062006/364/prince-william-s-girlfriend-makes-rude-gesture-photographers.html

Let's settle down, folks. The temperature is getting a little overheated here.

ysbel
British forums moderator

Last edited:
Luv2Cruise said:
Her parents are millionaires who run a successful business. She doesn't have to go get a normal job. This girl is in a different league from those who keep harping on a job and does not have to punch a time clock to prove her worth to me. That's what the beef really is all about. As a matter of fact, she has ZERO to prove to anyone. She's dating Prince William. They appear to be serious. Get over it. .

Blooming well said! I agree with you 100%:D

I'll add my 2 cents to the bit about the 'V':
We have no idea what Kate was doing. Personally, I think the photo was just bad timing - she could have been rearranging her bag on her arm, about to flick her hair out of her eyes, be wiggling to keep her fingers warm - who knows! Photographers can get some good photos from a split second movement. I don't think there is anyway that Kate would have been giving them a rude gesture -she would have gone out that night knowing that there would be photographers around, its not like they have caught her out in private and given her a fright and she has reacted. I don't think royals and their girlfriends are perfect, but I think Kate has been very well mannered and well behaved up until now, and I can't see why she would suddenly change;)

That Sun story about the V is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Who the hell cares that she made the V sign? I don't understand, why is that offensive? It's just a stupid "peace" sign. I don't see anything tacky or offensive about it. Anyone who says there is something wrong here is analyzing Kate way too much. I doubt she puts so much thought or intentions into these everyday gestures.

One observation I have made from this entire deluge of press coverage of Kate Middleton is just how easily (and harshly) the media can turn on a person. Kate Middleton probably has not changed one iota but the press is shifting her image from "sensible" Kate to "partygirl" Kate just to stir the waters and sell papers.

Something I have said before...You damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Stellad

Yes I like her and she's been demure so far, but she does need to tone down the partying a little. Otherwise I agree and wish her and William the best as well. ;)

Leave kate and william alone as long as they are not engaged and they are not married. I just feel tired of the press about reporting about William's love life and looking for their next queen. The press should look back the courtship of William's parents and stop doing anything to push them to marry or prevent them to marry. Marriage is about the life and if Kate really wants to be William's wife and the next Queen, she would know how to show her suitablity to fit in the role.

cover0924big.jpg

they are featured on this new issue of hello magazine

*PRINCE WILLIAM and KATE MIDDLETON Could a new house in Herefordshire be the foundation for a more permanent relationship for the young couple?

Last edited:
royalty_101_ said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006270797,00.html

kate fight was near-miss

KATE Middleton had a narrow escape yesterday after a fight broke out at an exclusive London nightclub.

If you read the article carefully you can see that it is only implied that Kate and the princes had to "wait" till they could leave the club - they obviously were there and there was a brawl but who knows if they even realized that there was a problem outside? And what does "outside" mean, anyway? Right at the front door? Or at the next corner?

For me this is just another article in the campaign to make news headlines out of "party-girl Kate". And already it works when you read some of the comments here: that it is not dignified etc.... But should she stay at home all the time? Or is it not that the media should let her be and enjoy her life?

Kate isn't even William's wife and look how famous she is. Her "current events" threads fill up like nobody's business. We can't get enough of her here. Imagine what things will be like when/if she marries William, or for the woman who eventually does marry him! It will be 20x the mania surrounding Crown Princess Mary of Denmark. The dresses, the jewels, the tiaras! :D I can't wait!!

what are you talking about I think kate had it very easy I think the press is very easy on her really if I had to write articles on kate I wouldn't be so nice.

And I don't think the forums are that hard on kate it could be worse I read forums about chelsy with deathtreaths and those kind of things. And no article I read said that kate was the party girl only chelsy. I don't know I think that people are being soft on kate. Wich is good I think.

oops poor girl who happens to marry prince william but yeh I can't wait either.
I think this could blow out huge maybe bigger then diana hmm is that even possible?

I now I know I'm mean sorry for dubble post

Just a reminder folks....this isn't a competition between Chelsy and Kate. And its not a competition between Kate and Diana either. Let's keep Chelsy in the Chelsy thread and Kate in the Kate thread and keep the thread to their current events.

ysbel
British forums moderator

Last edited:
OH my why dont you leave the girl alone, she not doing anything wrong and no one is excapting her to behave in anyways she just a normal girl who happens to be dating a prince, shes not his wife!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :confused:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Kate isn't even William's wife and look how famous she is. Her "current events" threads fill up like nobody's business. We can't get enough of her here. Imagine what things will be like when/if she marries William, or for the woman who eventually does marry him! It will be 20x the mania surrounding Crown Princess Mary of Denmark. The dresses, the jewels, the tiaras! :D I can't wait!!

Personally, I am burning up the Kate Middleton threads because I always wanted to date a Prince, fall in love with a Prince, and marry a Prince. I married a Prince, but not a Royal one :). My point is that if I bash Kate it is because I AM JEALOUS OF KATE. Otherwise I am content just "watching" her in the spirit described by Casiraghi Trio.

Do you think some of the criticism towards her has to do with jealously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom