Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 2: Sep 2003 - Aug 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the European Parliament in Strasbourg on May 11, 2005
1 2, & 3 - with President of European Parliament Josep Borel
3 - the Grand Duke during his speech

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 1.1.jpg
    1.1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 1.11.jpg
    1.11.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 1.2.jpg
    1.2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 175
Henri looks fantastique! I can't believe he is so old. He just turned 50 right?

thanks for the pics rere. henri and mt don't look a day over 35.

Is it just me or there's something abit different about MT...i don't know maybe it's just me...but there's something about her that i can't quite figure out haha...

she seems to have lost some more weight since the summer and since j-c passed on. plus she seems much happier.

Grand Duke Henri in the European parliament in Strasbourg:)

Grand Duke Henri remembered the entrance of Grand Duke Jean in the year 1990. A time full of hope and challenges. Challenges, which the European Union has overcome, as the intoduction of the Euro or the enlargement to the East- "which was an important step for the reconciliation of the whole continent"- is the best prove.
... It is problematic that so many people are making associations of the European Union with unemployment, social exclusion and dominance of the capitals.
"Why do we want to live together?" This question should be answered by 450 millions of Europeans, Grand Duke Henri added. "We have to learn again to reconciliate the heir of the past with the challenges of the future."
Therefore these human beings have to stay in the focal point- these nations who are making with their variety what the European Union is actually. The way to this target is going over a democratical debat. "So that the European Union will rest actor of its own history."

For his speech Grand Duke Henri received alot of applause from the members of the European parliament. The end of the meeting of the Grand Ducal couple was a courtesy visit with the mayor Fabienne Keller during which the Grand Ducal couple were signing their names in the Golden Book of Strasbourg.

The pictures:
1) Grand Duke Henri during his speech in the plenum of Strasbourg
2) Grand Duke Henri assents a resuscitation of the common European heritage
3) the Grand Ducal couple of Luxembourg with the president of the European parliament, Josip Borrell Fontelles
4) GD Henri and GD Maria Teresa while making a signature in the Golden Book of Strasbourg, (on the left the major of Strasbourg Fabienne Keller)

PS: I translated the text from my newspaper and the pictures are from the e-paper of my newspaper.;)

Attachments

• pdfservlet0001.jpg
    pdfservlet0001.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 179
  • pdfservlet0012.jpg
    pdfservlet0012.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 163
  • pdfservlet0013.jpg
    pdfservlet0013.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 468
  • pdfservlet0014.jpg
    pdfservlet0014.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
I found this and thought it was kind of funny.
We're always ragging about Felix and Guillaume when they have facial hair....but it looks like they're just following in dear old dad's footsteps.
This picture is from the wedding of Prince Antonio of Orleans-Braganza and Princess Christine de Ligne [the bride is the daughter of Henri's aunt Princess Alix de Ligne, so she is Henri's cousin].
From left to right in the photo:
Maria-Teresa [pregnant with Guillaume], Henri [with moustache, ugh], the bride, the groom, Princess Marie-Astrid and Princess Margaretha.
I must say, the male members of this family are just not meant to have facial hair [with the exception of Grand Duke Jean, whose moustache makes him look like a kindly old Santa Claus sans the love handles].

Attachments

• Lignewed1981.jpg
    Lignewed1981.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 460
Oh my God!!! Where did you find that pic??? So, that´s where Guillaume, and recently Felix took out the moustache idea....but, Felix moustache looked a lot like Henri´s....but, let´s agree...none of them look good in a moustache...hehehe.....see the diference :

Guillaume without moustache :
http://www.theroyalforums.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=94&c=12

Guillaume with the moustache :
http://www.theroyalforums.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=113&c=12

Felix with the moustache :
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76498

Felix without the moustache (love of my life!!!) :
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126614

Wow. where did you find that picture? However, I must admit that the Grand Duke doesn't look half as bad as his sons do with moustaches. Let's just hope that neither Louis or Sebastien decide to follow in their footsteps, any time in the future.

they ALL look bad with facial hair. and yes, i too hope louis and sebastien don't follow in their footsteps. *shudder, eeewwwwww.

I don't think what Guillaume had should be called facial hair or a moustache. It should be called an unfortunate event that shall never be repeted.

Here are some pics of maria teresa's jewels

Attachments

• 0000091w.jpg
    0000091w.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 978
  • 1917263.jpg
    1917263.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 175
  • 485655.jpg
    485655.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 5987.jpg
    5987.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 000020w.jpg
    000020w.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 588
  • 00009w.jpg
    00009w.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 472
  • 0006w.jpg
    0006w.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 490
  • 004w.jpg
    004w.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 501
  • 0004w.jpg
    0004w.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 590
She is so pretty. :)

I think she needs a new tiara though, one she could call her own.

suturegeisha said:
I think she needs a new tiara though, one she could call her own.
Yeah i agree ^__^ it'll be a heirloom of course which she can hand down to alexandra or first daughter-in-law or first grand-daughter ^___^

i completely agree with gaggle, and it should be called the same with felix. i also agree that mt does need something of her own, something that she could pass down through her decendents.

Picture's of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa:

Taken @a Unesco Exhibition 1103 - Stephane Cardinale

Attachments

• gduchmariateresaluxmar03unescoexhib.jpg
    gduchmariateresaluxmar03unescoexhib.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 241
  • unescoexhibmar1103stephanecardinal.jpg
    unescoexhibmar1103stephanecardinal.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 221
she looked a mess at the queen astrid exhibit. the design of the dress was very unflattering on her figure, but i did like the color and her shoes. and the jacket/blazer looked as if it belonged on a suit and not with that dress. tsk tsk.

the spanish prime minister will visit luxembourg today and the grand dukes will receive him.

msfroyste said:
she looked a mess at the queen astrid exhibit. the design of the dress was very unflattering on her figure, but i did like the color and her shoes. and the jacket/blazer looked as if it belonged on a suit and not with that dress. tsk tsk.

I agree. Those clothes are way too young looking for her.

Amina said:
Picture's of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa:

Taken @a Unesco Exhibition 1103 - Stephane Cardinale
I think she looks good in black...it makes her look slimmer ^___^

she looks good in white too, which i must say, slims her down also; which is suprising since white can make some ppl look larger.

Grand Duchess and Grand Duke photo's from 2001 - 2004

Attachments

• gd2003.jpg
    gd2003.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 187
  • gd2003(1).jpg
    gd2003(1).jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 532
  • gd2004.jpg
    gd2004.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 498
  • gd090401.jpg
    gd090401.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 152
  • gd070501.jpg
    gd070501.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 170
Grand Duke & Duch from 2001 -04

Attachments

• gd191104unicefbene.jpg
    gd191104unicefbene.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 456
  • gd200401.jpg
    gd200401.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 244
  • lrfpalrecjune04.jpg
    lrfpalrecjune04.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 510
  • luxnatday05.jpg
    luxnatday05.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 517
Well the second photo in that set was from when they met the Pope, so she had to wear white. I haven't really noticed that she wears that colour all the time though.

Now that you mention it, I've noticed the same thing. I guess they just like the color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom