General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely pictures, I was quite suprised that the couple released them a few weeks before the christining, wel couldnt ask for more since we might get another set of pictures. The baby looks lovely and aware of his surrondings, I love his big eyes staring at you.

he is adorable...very very cute :)

The baby has big expressive eyes. I do believe they are brown, like his mother's, not blue . We'd have to know the color of her grandparents eyes, but it's fair to say that from what we have seen of her parents - both browneyed - it looks as though
she only has genes for brown, which is dominant, hence her children with Joachim will always have brown eyes.

I think the little fellow looks a lot like his mother, who in turn looks like Grandpere Alain. An intelligent, serious look, full of wonderment.
I remember in Isabella's first photo shoot, she also seemed to have dark eyes, and everyone said how much she looked like Mary as a baby. Now she is a minnie fred, we see that her eyes were dark blue, as she now has gorgeous blue eyes. It is hard to tell. My blue eyed children always have a vary of shades as new borns, dark blue, grey, greenish untill at around 3 months they become light blue. Amazing innit?

Nice photos. The little prince is beautiful baby.
What I don't like in these pictures that they look so much a like to the CP couple's children.

Nice photos. The little prince is beautiful baby.
What I don't like in these pictures that they look so much a like to the CP couple's children.
well it was common knowledge how many people commented on M&M's similarity, plus jo and fred are brothers so that's the similarity!

I don't think they look anything like their cousins...Christian has a chubby face, while the only blonde child of Joachim's, Felix, had a round face that is now slimming down.

Isabella, I think, looks just like Prince Henrik. None of Joachim's children do. Nikolai's is slim, like his father.

And as for the little one, he looks all Cavallier, the image of Grandpere Alain.

Comment to Auntie in a previous post: I also had blue and green eyed children and know that the final color isn't there yet.
However, biologically speaking, it is the dominant gene, not the recessive, which shows up in offspring. Unless Marie has a blue or green recessive gene, her children will always have dark eyes. Her parents do (but maybe one of them has a recessive gene that she could have inherited). We would have to know the eye color of all of four of Marie's grandparents for that.

The baby has beautiful, expressive, inquisitive eyes. But they are not blue like his father's, and I doubt if they ever will be.

what a cute charming little baby... cant wait for the name..

What a handsome little man he is. A little mix of his mother and father and brothers and already so alert.

This is a beautiful baby indeed. All babies are cute, but this is also a very goodlooking one!

Lovely little boy, beutiful mother, handsome father.

The family looks wonderful, enjoying the new addition. He, in turn, is alert, watching it all with those gorgeous eyes.

As his grandfather Cavallier commented to reporters when he first saw him - oh, yes, he looks like me.

So we know where the christening is going to be :)
Or did we already know that?

Beautiful pictures, he is a wonderful little boy. :flowers:

The christening will be at the church in Mogeltonder, and the reception afterwards will be at Shackenborg Castle.

Wow, what a beautiful little boy, I was very excited to see him again.

are they going to show to the public the christening invitation?

Tha baby is so cute and I love his eyes.
As far as ressemblance is concerned, nothing is fixed as babies change all the time.
Time will tell us from which parent the baby has inherited.

The bone structure and coloring are similar to his mother's, who resembles her father. Prince Joachim also had a longer, versus rounder, face as a baby, so the little fellow could resemble his dad as well.

He has an intelligent, perceptive expression. Just capturing the world, taking it all in.

Was the monogram in the pictures part of a rug? I can't quite determine how that got into the picture.

Yes, he is laying on the rug, and the monogram appears to be in the center of the rug. I don't know what room this is in, but that is definitely their joint monogram.

Very alert little chap isnt he and seems quite forward for his age. And of course GORGEOUS

That is one beautiful baby. Look at those eyes. I definitely agree with those that say that he has an intelligent look.

Here's a Swedish article that talks about the photoshoot with the little prince:

Här är "lill-Jokke" - KVP.se - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

The photographer, Steen Brogaard had to work quickly in order to photograph the baby while he was awake. He was asleep when the Brogaard arrived, and fell asleep immediately after the last photos were taken. The article says that the baby has been referred to (doesn't say who calls him this) as Lill-Jokke (little Joachim). The rumors about the baby's name are that he may be called Albert. According to the article, many Danes are hoping that he will be called Waldemar. The readers of one of the newspapers are hoping that he will be called William. The article states that it is possible that Marie will be one of his names, as this is a French tradition for boys as well as girls. Prince Henrik has Marie in his name.

What a beautiful and happy baby.....................three great looks sons for Joachim

If you want to discuss genetics by all means start a thread in General Chit Chat or consult a geneticist, but let's not do it in this thread.

Thanks, :flowers:
Mandy

I believe the point I was trying to make regarding recessive and dominant genes can be found in General Chit Chat - Blue eyes or Brown for the little prince - or words to that effect.

In short, unless Marie has a recessive gene, the little fellow will have brown eyes.

Local high school graduates from Tonder Handelsskole paraded through the town of Mogeltonder in a carriage. They serenaded the town, and the last stop was Shackenborg Slot, where Prince Joachim greeted the students at the gate of his residence. He politely refused to give autographs, but stamped each student's cap.

Billed-Bladet - Joachim fik besøg af studenterne på Schackenborg

why did he stamp their caps? This looks like a fun event

why did he stamp their caps? This looks like a fun event

They were asking him for autographs, and he declined to write his name, but said that he would stamp them. He went into his office, got his stamp, and came back to the students. I'm not sure why he did this. Maybe the ink wouldn't show up in the caps if he wrote his name? Or maybe he knew his hand would get really tired. There did appear to be a fair amount of students in that carriage.

This does look like a really fun event. The students look like they are having the time of their lives. It was very nice of Joachim to greet the students and spend time listening to their songs.

This does look like a really fun event. The students look like they are having the time of their lives. It was very nice of Joachim to greet the students and spend time listening to their songs.

It is a fun event.

Every year at this time, high school graduates all over Denmark paraded through their local towns in vehicles like the one in the article - it can take one, two or three dayes - depending on how many towns they have to parade through. On their way they visit the home of every one of their classmates having a drink and something to eat. When parading in the vehicle they make a lot of noise: singing, screaming and holding strange speaches in megaphones and waveing to bypassers.

They are simply having a jolly good time and their joy spreads to everybody who meet these noisy young parties.

This year it seems a class of high school graduates had decided to have an extraordinary stop at Schakenborg. It was quit a charming gesture Joachim made ,when he met them at the gate. I think they got a lot more then they had expected, when he stamped their caps.

I remember when I was a high school graduates parading through towns - three dayes it took. It was such happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom