Future York Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:Well said Zonk! Anyone would think these girls are in their late twenties, having squandered their youth and their looks with a decade of over-indulgence.

Yes their weddings should be quite large, and if Tom's wedding was anything to go by, HM looked like she was having a ball "Off Duty" in family setting. It was the media that started the sniping about the sponsership deal and let's face it, they could hardly be called impartial sources.

Conversely, had HM or Princess Ann stumped up the cash for a big family bash, the naysayers would have whinged about extravagance, and let's not forget, HM cancelled her own anniversary bash because of public sensibilities in straighten times. IMO she admired Tom's ingenuity, and to be honest, I can't see "Uncle Charles" being a stingy or stuffy influence should he have ascended the throne when the York girles marry.

As to the notion of paring back the "firm", the BRF are exactly that, a family, and because they are who they are spend a lot of time in each other's company, so yes I think the newer generation will be more obvious on the Balcony and if it's a "Family Affair" I can see the blended family dragged along too.

As for Charity Work, give them time to grow up and finish their education before complaining about their lack of participation.

I believe its Tom Parker Bowles and that once Charles is King he will start to appear on the balcony. Not saying that he won't attend these events, but I think we will continue to see the grandchildren of Queen Elizabeth II and the great grandchildern of George V on the balcony before him.

But that's way off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not reasonable. Minor royals have always (at least since the days of Queen Mary's mother) some type of chairty work. I expect if Beatrice and Euguenie are going to contine to live off the government so to speak...they will have to earn their keep.

I would have thought that the York girls would not be living off the government, and should hence, be allowed to pursue independent careers and lives of their own. Nobody is stopping them doing charitable work if they so desire, but in time, they should expect to have to do more for a living than cutting ribbons and presenting medals. As a living example, they should look to their mother for inspiration who, despite all that has and is said about her, has a life of her own.

I don't believe either of the York girls will be living off the government once the come of age. It would be nice if they could pursue careers away from the RF, however, being princesses, I don't think they could be totally independent of the RF. It's easier for Sarah, a former wife of the 2nd son of the Monarch, to go her own way than it would be for two royal HRHs of the Blood who will always be royalty (Sarah lost that when she and Andrew divorced).

..... though I am sure you will agree being a Princess of the blood would not stop B & E pursuing independent careers like Zara and Peter, who for all practical purposes are just as close to the throne, despite their not having titles.

Yes, but unlike Peter and Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie are HRH's and as such, more will be expected of them in terms of representing the RF as they get older. No matter whether they are on the civil list or not, they will eventually be looked upon to take over the minor roles that have traditionally belonged to the Gloucesters and the Kents. There will come a day when William is king, and with Beatrice and Eugenie being his only HRH cousins, the burden of the many minor royal appearances will fall to them. Most likely though, they will not be getting paid by the taxpayer. Let's hope they marry very well. :lol:

I'm sorry but I dont understand how B&E are minor royalty. They are 5th and 6th to the throne,correct?! They are HRH'S. :ermm: MAybe someone how is 15th or 16th in line is a minor royalty.

Also the girls are young, William did not start his "duty's" until after he finished school, so why should the girls?

And yes I am scared to she what Bee wears!:ROFLMAO:

I don't believe B & E are considered minor royals. They are HRHs, grandchildren of the monarch and are within the Top Ten in line to the throne. From what I believe, minor royals would be the Gloucester, the Kents and Pss Alexandra. Now, in years to come when William and Harry are married w families and Wm is on the throne, the York girls may be considered minor royals then. But not now.

I think the point I was making was that as time goes by, Will and Harry and have families of their own, and with time, B&E will get more and more distant from the throne - quite like the Gloucesters and Kents are, as has been pointed out. All that means is that whilst there may be minor royal duties for them in the future, they are not in any way going to be central to the monarchy. It would, therefore, be in their best interests to develop lives/careers for themselves that are independent of the monarchy, irrespective of whether they hold HRH titles or are Princesses or not. Charles does not appear to be keen to have a large working royal family - and frankly, I don't think the British public either. It would therefore make sense for these girls and the children of Sophie and Edward to build independent careers for themselves - quite like Sophie & Edward did try themselves.

Last edited:
Didn't the Windsors and/or BP have a committee that looked into the future of the Royals a few years ago, and the consensus was what Muriel described?

It would seem IMO that if the public isn't willing to bankroll a large working Royal Family, then the respective members of the family should be "freed" of some duties and free to engage in careers.

I rather think it will depend, when they get married, as to how big and who will pay. Possibly if William & Harry are married and have produced heirs, the wedding will be smaller and at least partially paid for by their parents. :flowers: (OK, possibly wishful thinking):D

York Girls' Weddings, etc.

With regard to the York girls, I can see both parents teaming up to make sure that the weddings of their daughters are Royal, and appropriately so. I can see the York girls also continuing after their marriages to join their grandmother on the balcony, as well as their uncle (should he reign) and their cousin William of Wales during his reign. After all, even after the scaling back of the Royal family, we see the Gloucesters and Kents on the balcony. However, I don’t see the Wessex children there in future reigns, given that their parents have taken a step away from the center of the family, nor the family of the Princess Royal.

A Royal marriage for one of the York girls? Wow, I’d have to go hit the books to see who would match up.

Beyond this, a bit of a t/j

I believe its Tom Parker Bowles and that once Charles is King he will start to appear on the balcony. Not saying that he won't attend these events, but I think we will continue to see the grandchildren of Queen Elizabeth II and the great grandchildern of George V on the balcony before him.

But that's way off topic.

I do not believe that HM The Queen attended the wedding of “Tom” (Tom Parker Bowles) nor can I find a picture of her dancing at his reception. I’d certainly like to see the link to that. This article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4231932.stm

would certainly have mentioned her as one of the Royals attending, and it does not. Nor does this one: http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/09/12/parkerbowles/

Nowhere in this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f207/tom-parker-bowles-sara-buys-2005-a-7086-4.html

does it mention that HM attended the wedding or reception of her son’s second wife’s son by her prior marriage.

I cannot imagine why Tom Parker Bowles, not of royal blood, would be according the privilege of the balcony.

In response to earlier comments.... the Queen doesn't even attend all the weddings within her own family, so why would she attend TPB's? < ed irrelevant comment: Warren > And I agree that TPB does not belong on the balcony.

A Royal marriage for one of the York girls? Wow, I’d have to go hit the books to see who would match up.

I don't see any of the Yorkeses marry into a foreign country, so I guess no Royal marriage for them. After all, even queen Victoria's daughters did not all marry royally, as did the other Princesses of the Blood after them.

Regardless of who they marry, I hope it's for true love.

I don't see any of the Yorkeses marry into a foreign country, so I guess no Royal marriage for them. After all, even queen Victoria's daughters did not all marry royally, as did the other Princesses of the Blood after them.

This is not the 19th century, when marrying a 'foreigner' was some huge thing. It would be quite easy for B and E to marry some Greek or Italian royalty who both live in the UK, or any other European royal blood. Or perhaps a noble, yes I know commoner not royalty, but still with titles, estates and a place in the aristocratic setting. I recall a show when living in London, speculating on possible brides for William, and one episode was on noble/royal brides. The Duke of Westminster's daughter, and Princess Madeline were included as well as a Greek princess. I don't know what young noble/royal men are around for the Yorks, but they would meet many in the social circles they travel, and it is likely they could end up with one. Look at Denmark (an ausie) or even Peter (Canadian) or Princess Maxima who is from Argentina.

I believe the York princesses will have a large wedding. When it comes to minor royal weddings just think when princess Alexandra got married, it was at Westminster and from what I've seen and read it was more lavish than Edwards. I think it goes on the couple and what they want. I hope they have the traditional wedding with all the thrills and carriage rides, they are royalty and they deserve it.

Princess Alexandra was a very popular figure and a "working royal" from the time that she was a very young woman. I don't think that the York sisters will have that kind of support for top-tier weddings unless they take up royal duties in a big way after they finish university. I see them having marriages at St. Georges or at other churches in London, not Westminster Abbey.

when princess Alexandra got married, it was at Westminster and from what I've seen and read it was more lavish than Edwards. I think it goes on the couple and what they want.

I wonder if either of them would consider York Minster for their marriage as they are Princesses 'of York'.

The Duke of Kent married there and I think it is a lovely church for a wedding of one or both of the Duke of York's daughters.

It's a truely beautiful minster, but other than their surname they have no association with York and seeing as I live close to the Minster I would find it ridiculous for them to just come up and get married because of their surname.

I can't envision Beatrice or Eugenie having a big royal wedding. Although he deserves one, I can't even picture Harry having one. I can see Beatrice having one similar to Peter Phillips' wedding at St. George's Chapel and Windsor, and Eugenie's being a bit smaller somewhere else.

I can't envision Beatrice or Eugenie having a big royal wedding. Although he deserves one, I can't even picture Harry having one. I can see Beatrice having one similar to Peter Phillips' wedding at St. George's Chapel and Windsor, and Eugenie's being a bit smaller somewhere else.

You're probably right, but I know that if I had the opportunity to get married in Westminster Abbey, I definitely would!
Nothing else can compare, IMO. :flowers:

Whereas the York girls are further down in the pecking order, I think you're right. Though I have a feeling that Pss B would be the one to opt for a more spectacular event (her 18th b. day party at Windsor Castle with 200 guests comes to mind) while I think Pss E would def. be more low key. I also think that their parents would want to make a big deal out of the girls' weddings, as most parents do.

I hope they Marry for love
I also not sure if it's ok for them to marry a commoner which is more likely to happen and if queen Elizabeth II would approve of the match.

I also not sure if it's ok for them to marry a commoner which is more likely to happen and if queen Elizabeth II would approve of the match.

Why would the Queen dissapprove of a match between Beatrice/Eugenie and a commoner?

Makes no sense to me either. Unless of course, Grandduchess24 is discussing her official permission under the Marriages Act. But since she approved Ernst August of Hanover and Marina Ogilvy's marriage.....why not the York Princesses.

Especially considering that Charles and Anne have married two commoners each (not at the same time of course), as did her sister Margaret, and her sons Andrew and Edward.

Not to mention the elephant in the room: Catherine Middleton. I guess Autumn and Mike don't count since they are so far down the line of succession.

I would imagine that the Queen just wants her grandchildren to be happy....so their "commoner" status would not matter much.

Going by the the common (no pun intended) view neither Diana nor Kate would not be viewed as a commoner if only because of their wealthy backgrounds.

They probably won't marry royalty or a peer but they'll come with connections and money. Royals have such a small pool to pick from without causing a stir, not unlike the American upper crust, dating outside of one's social group can be socially awkward in many ways.

Whereas the York girls are further down in the pecking order, I think you're right. Though I have a feeling that Pss B would be the one to opt for a more spectacular event (her 18th b. day party at Windsor Castle with 200 guests comes to mind) while I think Pss E would def. be more low key. I also think that their parents would want to make a big deal out of the girls' weddings, as most parents do.

I can see Beatrice wanting one because of that big party that was thrown for her. Whether or not the public would approve is a different matter. They don't appear to want to pay for security for William's.

As for Harry and Eugenie I see something more low-key because it seems their style. Harry might like to party in clubs but he doesn't seem to like the "royal" party. As for locations I hope it is not St. George's Chapel. We have seen that quite frequently and it would be nice to see different locations. That and the fact that in Harry's case the comparison between his wedding and Charles' second would be endless.

I think Zara has made quite a nice choice for her wedding. What about the chapel at St. James Palace? I believe it has hosted a royal wedding or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom