Prince Andrew, Duke of York News and Events 8: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found this documentary by Channel 4. It covers Andrew's Eipstein saga. The opening is quite something: a clip of his interview in The Wogan Show (1985) then switches to the 2019 disastrous Newsnight interview. Featuring Newsnight's producer and anchor, Andrew's friends and lawyer, and The Sun's reporter who got that NY meeting scoop.

(I thought Beatrice's involvement in that interview was a rumour, I'm surprised that it's true that she's there).

I'm Eugenie's generation and never really have much interest towards Andrew to read/watch anything about him closely, so admittedly I'm quite ignorant about the level of "popularity" young Andrew had. My, he was rather playful/flirty, wasn't he? And what a steep, dramatic downfall he has.

I'm Eugenie's generation and never really have much interest towards Andrew to read/watch anything about him closely, so admittedly I'm quite ignorant about the level of "popularity" young Andrew had. My, he was rather playful/flirty, wasn't he? And what a steep, dramatic downfall he has.

Andrew was a national hero after the Falklands War. He was incredibly popular, far more so than any of siblings were. He used to attract crowds of screaming girls, like a pop star. How the mighty are fallen ...

Wowza yukari, GREAT FIND and many thanks for posting !

Netflix is making a movie out of it called Scoop. Staring Rufus Sewell as Andrew and Gillian Anderson as Emily Maitlis.

23:11 Just how popular he was...

Just how popular he is.
It's sadly easy to see how Andrew's past combined with his character led up to the present.
And the Coleen Nolan song still exists as a historical artifact.

Last edited:
I'm aware that he's the most popular amongst QEII's children when he was young, but I didn't realise how popular he was. But watching those documentaries (thanks Prinsara for the recommendations), oh boy, it seems like he was more popular than William and Harry combined. No wonder he has such entitlement (and ego) and so out of touch with his surroundings. I won't be surprised if in considerable period of his life he thought (and maybe still think) that he's God’s gift to women.

I think he thought he was God's gift to everyone, but I'm not sure why people want to keep his past disgrace going and going. Andrew no longer performs duties for the royal family and has kept his head down and been completely discreet since the settlement. Perhaps he has learned a lesson from all this at last?

In the late 70's and throughout the 80's he was as handsome as a film star. I remember when he came back from the Falkland War grinning with a rose between his teeth and the photographers going nuts.

William and Harry don't even come close to Andrew's heyday hotness imo.;)

When his engagement was announced I thought Sarah Ferguson the luckiest female on the planet.

It's really sad how it all turned out.:sad:

In the late 70's and throughout the 80's he was as handsome as a film star. I remember when he came back from the Falkland War grinning with a rose between his teeth and the photographers going nuts.

William and Harry don't even come close to Andrew's heyday hotness imo.;)

When his engagement was announced I thought Sarah Ferguson the luckiest female on the planet.

It's really sad how it all turned out.:sad:

Andrew was the hottest guy in those years. My sister and I, while in London in 1984, actually went out to Windsor and tossed tiny pebbles at a little window on the Windsor Castle facade closest to the town. Sort of near a car park. We called out for him. And, we were not the only females inquiring after Andrew.

He was in the service at the time.

The Duke of York was seen riding at Windsor today, July 14:

** dm article **

How sad that there’s still paps taking pictures of him riding all the times as if it were revolutionary news to tell the world. Leave him alone.

Andrew Lownie is trying to write a book about Andrews flights and is on the forums now.

How sad that there’s still paps taking pictures of him riding all the times as if it were revolutionary news to tell the world. Leave him alone.

The paps and the press know that Andrew is not popular. Any pic/article published will get a lot of traction. Its all about the clicks and advertising dollars. They know how polarizing he is.

And yes, I remember how popular Andrew was. After the Falklands and up until two years after his wedding, he could do no wrong.

But how else could they remind us of everything he (allegedly) ever did? :whistling:

But how else could they remind us of everything he (allegedly) ever did? :whistling:

I think the 12 million pounds he paid the women he'd never met along with the stuttering and stammering interview have convinced most people that the allegations against him were true.

not really. I dont remember stuttering and stammering.

Andrew should never have settled that lawsuit.
If you settle, people automatically believe you are guilty.

He certainly should have done so. It would have been very upsetting for teh queen in her Jubilee year and her last year alive to have this case going on. People often settle lawsuits even if they are not guilty because it will damage their repuation to have a case going on, or will cost them so much to pay lawyers fees

I just think it’s an obsession they have since they no idea of how to pay their rent. We don’t know if he did anything he has been accused of. And having paps spending their lives taking pictures of him is simply dumb. He is a private citizen now, let him be.

I dont particularly want to, but i dont believe that he is guilty of anything more than unpleasant behavour

Andrew should never have settled that lawsuit.
If you settle, people automatically believe you are guilty.

He certainly should have done so. It would have been very upsetting for teh queen in her Jubilee year and her last year alive to have this case going on. People often settle lawsuits even if they are not guilty because it will damage their repuation to have a case going on, or will cost them so much to pay lawyers fees
In a perfect world I would agree but the reason he settled is the very reason the case was brought when it was. Everyone knew it was HM Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee and that her son could be "persuaded" to "settle" so it would all go away and not mar the celebrations.

Unfortunately, the little grey men and the family that listened to them saw that it was a failure in that all through that jubilee year he was in the papers with the political and aristocratic know-all's pontificating to any journo that 'would listen, unwanted advice on 'Should the BRF do with Andrew'. So, it was writ large by those who should have known better.

As to his guilt? The names that keep on coming out, Presidents, philosophers, billionaires, etc. essentially the great and the good of both US and European society, aristocracy and royalty and nobody but Andrew seems to have been charged, and that only in civil court. Do I believe that he was guilty? As much as some and a whole lot less than those of the great and good who seem to have been protected.

As to the "settlement" paid, I think that can definitely be paid by those who forced him to settle and not fight. Andrew has always been more than a little naive in the friends he made and rarely seemed to entertain the notion that he was being used. To his credit and unfortunately his shame, he was always a loyal .

The Duke of York was seen riding yesterday and today, October 7:

** dailymail article 1 ** dailymail article 2 **

What I don't understand is why Andrew is so stubborn, he has the offer to move into Frogmore Cottage which is still a large property on the estate. it is just him and Fergie who are living there, no representative duties or entertaining. Why didn't he agree to the offer? I wonder anyway how he has been spending his life since he was cut off of his official duties and business deals. He sure must be bored, just riding everyday cannot be his aim in life.

Back
Top Bottom