Juan Valentín, Pablo, Miguel & Irene Urdangarín, News and Events 3: Jan. 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After all, if anything happens, a dispensation will not be required ;)

I believe that Inaki was stripped of his title Duke of Palma. Is this correct? Is Jaime still Duke of Lugo since the divorce? Will his son, Froilan, become the duke upon his death if Jaime still has the title?

I believe that Inaki was stripped of his title Duke of Palma. Is this correct? Is Jaime still Duke of Lugo since the divorce? Will his son, Froilan, become the duke upon his death if Jaime still has the title?
The title is Elena's and is a personal (life-time) title which will not be passed on to her children. Cristina was stripped of her title of Duchess of Palma de Mallorca in 2015; because of that Iñaki lost his title as well, as he was the Duke purely because his wife was the Duchess.

In Spain, it is not necessarily the father who passes on a title to -normally- the eldest child (not son) but the titleholder which can be either the father or mother (the most famous example being the Duchess of Alba).

The title is Elena's and is a personal (life-time) title which will not be passed on to her children. Cristina was stripped of her title of Duchess of Palma de Mallorca in 2015; because of that Iñaki lost his title as well, as he was the Duke purely because his wife was the Duchess.

In Spain, it is not necessarily the father who passes on a title to -normally- the eldest child (not son) but the titleholder which can be either the father or mother (the most famous example being the Duchess of Alba).
Thank you! That answers my question.

Back
Top Bottom