Fashion Suggestions for the Princess of Wales

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dazzling, thank you for removing my post. I didn't realize there was one specific thread for that :)
Must say I'm loving your options. It would be nice to see Catherine wearing something from a Canadian designer during the tour.any suggestion?, I don't know any (I think)

http://ht.ly/583LO

Last edited:
Reiss

Beige skirt - Its an essential piece, Kate could match this with anything, dress it up or down as well.
Blue dress - Great for an official event, its also a color that is outstanding, not too bright not too dark.
Silk bronze dress - A simple dress and a great color, hair pulled back and earrings kept simple, Kate would look lovely in this.
Pink/purple dress - Not sure what I would call this color but it's a great piece for any daytime event, it could be worn sleeveless or with a nice cardigan. The detailing makes it elegant IMO.
White dress - A lovely dress for a daytime event, I would love to see her in this with colored accessories to add color to it.
Blush top - Essential top to be matched with pants or a skirt, dress it up or down IMO is quite easy.
Black/white/beige top - I'd love to see this matched with a skirt, its not colorful nor is it too much blocks of colors. Matched with a plain beige/black skirt this would look really pretty.

Jenny Packham Spring 2011 (Jenny is a British designer known for her cocktail & evening looks)
All images from Jenny Packham - Luxury Design House. Bridal and Ready to Wear Dresses

Cocktail dress - Such a nice dress for Kate, she could pull this off very well but hair has to be pulled up.
Long blue dress - I like the fitted part of the dress around the wait and the cut. Its anise color and the embellishments on the front add a nice finishing.
Orange dress - The cut is lovely, the one shoulder style will suit Kate. The dress has a great movement to it IMO.
Beaded cocktail dress - Amazing dress IMO for a cocktail party or a dinner. The only thing with this dress Kate has to do is get the shoes and hair right.
Long beaded dress - I like the one shoulder of it, would be nice maybe with a very simple brooch in the hair.

Last edited:
A few selections I would love to see Kate in. They are British designers.

Erdem printed dress - Lovely color and print, quite pretty for a cocktail event or a daytime event with a hat. It would also look really nice if matched with a coat or jacket.
ROKSANDA ILINCIC - A lovely lime dress, looks quite flattering and Kate could pull it off well.

Last edited:
Marchesa Resort 2012
White & gold cocktail dress - Lovely white dress with gold embellishments, Kate looks good in white and in slim cuts, this would be lovely but hair need to be pulled up, if hair is left open then it could look messy and the embellishments around the neck/shoulder wont look good.
Long white & gold dress - Simple but yet quite elegant with the gold embellishments on it.
Green strapless dress - It would be nice to see Kate in a strapless dress, this is a great shade and the embellishments add a soft touch to the look.
Long dress - Simple, yet lovely for Kate, great style & cut.

Temperley London Resort 2012
White sleeveless dress - Great dress and lovely detailing, this is very Kate IMO.

Erdem Resort 2012
Cocktail dress - Very pretty for Kate, the mix of blue and red works well and gives it an elegant young look. This dress really need a up do hairstyle.
Long dress - Lovely and simple, the lace isn't much and this could be worn with very simple jewels.
Tweed navy dress - Lovely dress, its not an old ladies outfit IMO, looks young and the plain solid color on the waist is lovely.
Trench coat with tweed - Lovely coat, very elegant.

:previous: Apart from the final one and the strapless Marchesa gown, I think all of these are very Catherine. Had her first evening gown not been dazzling, I would not have thought the white Marchesa dresses to her taste, but it appears she likes a little bit of sparkle!

Last edited by a moderator:
... [snipped]
I would love it if she would ever wear stuff like this
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

The first one is McQueen, the second and third are Chanel. The fourth is a vintage Lacroix dress and the last ones are Miu Miu.
The dress worn by Ms.Blanchett is an amazing masterpiece. Unfortunately I do not see Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, pulling it off. She tends to lack regal bearing. Additionally Ms. Blanchett's noble paleness and correct maquillage further helped her to look utterly stunning. Wearing Chanel or Lacroix would lead to a very public outcry over inappropriate expenses.

Last edited:
True, but the style of the dress would look amazing on her. Both Cate and Kate are very tall and slim but Cate has an extraordinary talent in wearing the most amazing haute couture pieces and still look effortless. Not many have that. The short hair also helps.

About the Miu Miu dress, Charlotte styled it the wrong way, she made herself look old. Michelle Williams wore a dress from the same collection at the MET Gala earlier 2011 and she looked incredible. Met Gala 2011 – Michelle Williams « The Short Fashionista

There are more dresses from that collection that are absolutely delicious

And no, the dresses I posted are not trashy. They're not Versace or Dsquared. That's trashy.

:previous:
I would say that the dress worn by Ms. Williams would be a fine choice for The Duchess of Cambridge. She usually opts for dresses in a similar style.

No, those dresses are certainly not trashy. In fact I find the two Chanel dresses simply gorgeous (and I'm not a huge fan of Chanel's latest collections)! Sadly I have to agree with Al_Bina - I don't think Kate could pull them off. Kate is pretty and fine, but it needs tons of charism/personality and a great hairstyle/make up to pull such dresses off.

Last edited:
Ehh, party dress for a young girl? Have you ever seen a ''party dress'' for a young girl? I'm 18 and I'm telling you, that is not a dress I or most others would choose to wear. :ermm: That dress is not young but occasion approriate I guess. It's more office-y to me. Camilla looked, gasp, slightly more like she was heading for a fun night out.

I would love it if she would ever wear stuff like this

The first one is McQueen, the second and third are Chanel. The fourth is a vintage Lacroix dress and the last ones are Miu Miu.

To me, when "young girl" is used, it references a 13-14 year old, not an elderly teenager.

I like all your samples. The first one is gossamer lovely. The second is highly suitable to Kate. Notice that the fourth one, the vintage Lacroix, is modeled by a woman who looks mid-30s to 40. It is astoundingly lovely. The others are the type of clothing I wear to work.

Kate needs to get on the ball!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Not even the Lacroix Cate Blanchett is wearing? Because if there ever was a dress that screamed royalty, it's that one. That, and almost every other Cate has ever worn.

Like those choices. That second dress and fourth gown would especially look terrific on Kate. I love the color and style on the dress and could just imagine her wearing diamonds and sapphires (and maybe a tiara?) with the latter.

i agree i love that gown and imo all colors look good on her so i think she could really rock that gown, with a tiara..yup i think so

I think Catherine needs to cut three or four inches off her hair and get it out of her face. She isn't 18-years-old any more and needs a more sophisticated hair style in my opinion.

Yes, I can see Kate with a shorter hairstyle like Princess Letizia who looks really lovely with her new look.

I think the "hair" question is more a question of style rather than length. There is a wonderful photo last week of Angelina Jolie with hair down on the Red Carpet. She looked elegant and chic having managed to style it off her face. Unfortunately Catherine still uses hers as a curtain to hide behind.

With this length hair, she could do so many versatile things with updos and semi- updos (wedding). I'd love to see some variation.

Such a shame the length over powers her at times, plus she has the distracting habit of always running her fingers through it.

I think a few inches off the length would look good if Kate is going to keep it in her normal style; otherwise updos and half-updos would look marvelous with her current length. Long hair is lovely when it's styled in a versatile manner rather than constantly hanging like a curtain with curled ends. I really want to see her step it up a notch for more formal occasions when she wears an evening gown that deserves a more sophisticated look. You need to have a difference between daytime-occasion hair and formal-occasion hair.

Last edited:
Jenny Packham cruise 2012 collection

Evening dress - Color is soft, embellishments are placed lovely and the belt is soft showing off the waist, a lovely dress for Kate that has cap sleeves that she can pull off well. This would look great on her with diamond earrings & hair pulled up.
Halter neck dress - The detailing around the waist and hips is for someone with Kates body shape. This would look great on her but would prefer it in another color.
Short dress - Very pretty and very spring/summery, perfect with a pendent, studs and a nice brooch. I love the color but not sure if Kate is confident enough to pull such a strong color off.

The Jenny Packhman evening dress looks EXACTLY like something the Duchess of Cambridge would wear, great scouting, you should be a stylist, dazzling (or maybe you already are?)!

Last edited:
Nice suggestions from the Daily Mail, but the Jaeger dress they chose for the formal dinner is too boxy. It's shapeless.

The first Jenny Peckham is really pretty, but I feel like it wouldn't translate as nice outside.
My suggestions:
(Alexander McQueen) ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
(Alexander McQueen) ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
(Chanel) ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
(Elie Saab) ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
(Erdem) ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
(Erdem) ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
(Rochas) ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
(Yves Saint Laurent) ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Just some suggestions, some of them may be a little too flashy, but the style is nice.

I absolutely adore the Elie Saab HC SS 11. It's so rich in color and fabrics. It's heaven.
Elie Saab Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2011 Full Show - YouTube

Just something to drool over

Yawn. Kate will probably recycle outfits she already has, which is fine as there won't be any photos.

Jenny Packham cruise 2012 collection

Evening dress - Color is soft, embellishments are placed lovely and the belt is soft showing off the waist, a lovely dress for Kate that has cap sleeves that she can pull off well. This would look great on her with diamond earrings & hair pulled up.
Halter neck dress - The detailing around the waist and hips is for someone with Kates body shape. This would look great on her but would prefer it in another color.
Short dress - Very pretty and very spring/summery, perfect with a pendent, studs and a nice brooch. I love the color but not sure if Kate is confident enough to pull such a strong color off.

I like all those choices, with the exception of those deep plunging necklines. I don't see why she wouldn't wear a color like the short dress since she wore an almost similar color in Canada, the infamous dress at the airport that kept whipping up in the wind. I actually like that bright aqua blue color of the gown, too, and she also wore a similar color to the Boodles Boxing Ball before her marriage:

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/201...lliam_kate_middleton/williams002--350x600.jpg

And maybe for Christmas Day church, Kate will wear her red coat that was worn to the UNICEF visit in Denmark. I don't care if it's recycled; it was only worn once, it's a great color for her and certainly festive, and I hope to see a wonderful hat accompanying it.

Last edited:
Jenny Packham Spring 2012

Mint evening dress - A shade I would love to see on Kate, the embellishment is simple. She could pull the simplicity off easily. Th sonly change is that I would not have such a low opening.
Dress - I quite like the work on this dress but I would change the style and color.

Jenny Packham Fall 2012

Skirt & top - The whole look matched with a boxy black/nude jacket or even a coat would look really pretty.
Black evening dress - With her slim figure, Kate would look great in this. The detailing at the bottom is quite couture like.
Blush dress - The combination of the two fabrics is unusual. It would give her a taller look. Embellishments on the shoulders is nice. Would be great with hair pulled all up.
Grey dress - Pretty but without the silk panels on the side. The embellishment sleeves are nice and I actually like the red belt. If Kate wanted something a bit more daring then this is a nice choice.

Erdem Spring 2012

Printed dress - Great cut, print & colors. This is a perfect spring/summer dress matched with a jacket or even a coat. I don't mind seeing this in Autumn as well. This is a dress which would also look great with a nice hat.

Erdem Pre Fall 2012

Printed dress - Lovely print. Id like to see this matched with a jacket in a similar shade of orange as the print or a white. Kate can get away with color easily.

Jonathan Saunders Spring 2012

Printed dress - Print and color are amazing. Such dress style/cut would look great on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom