Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 14: July 2019 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eighteen - wow! I still think of her as a young teenager.

Her blouse is a beautiful color, but she's dressed way too conservatively. I know that is the protocol for the Imperial Family, but she is dressed 20 years too old for her age. Compare to how fresh, young, and age-appropriate Elisabeth of Belgium looked in her 18th birthday photos. Princess Aiko is a lovely young woman, and the pic with her dad is very sweet. And adorable dog!

Happy Birthday!

The Danish children at the premiere of the ballet 'The Snow Queen' this evening:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

:previous: Isabella looks like a mini Mary in her outfit!

Maria Carolina looks beautiful but the bust/chest area of her dress seems much too revealing - I feel rather uncomfortable looking at a 16 year-old girl wearing such a style dress.

Princess Maria Carolina de Bourbon Parme has participated to the Bal des débutantes in Paris.
This is an article From Paris Match, check the last picture, I can't just post the Pic only

Pour les 25 ans du Bal des débutantes, Stella Belmondo illumine la soirée http://www.parismatch.com/People/Po...es-Stella-Belmondo-illumine-la-soiree-1662130

One more picture from Maria Carolina yesterday

https://i.f1g.fr/media/madame/1200x...019/12/le-bal-des-debutantes-2019-photo-6.jpg

:previous: Isabella looks like a mini Mary in her outfit!

Maria Carolina looks beautiful but the bust/chest area of her dress seems much too revealing - I feel rather uncomfortable looking at a 16 year-old girl wearing such a style dress.

Do you mean the girl in the first two photos? I agree that is a very plunging neckline. But that is not Maria Carolina. That is Stella Belmondo.

This is Maria Carolina

https://i.f1g.fr/media/madame/1200x...019/12/le-bal-des-debutantes-2019-photo-6.jpg

Last edited:
Christian and Vincent look very dapper in their suits and ties.
Lovely coat on Isabella.

Nikolai with too casual shoes for a night at the theater
https://beta.tt.se/bildobjekt/image/sdl6SyIm5hY3Ps?preview

Better not come to the theater in Canada. You will find people in sneakers and jeans at the ballet. People from jeans and sneakers to full evening gowns, you have your full array here. ?

I think his outfit looks great with the other royals, sneakers and all. The rest is not so formal. I actually like his look more then his cousins who look like shrunk down versions of their dad.

Isabella has a lovely coat.

I do like Nikolai's coat but the shoes ruin the look.
Plus this being grandma's big premiere, I expected more formality then a night at the theater with friends.

Vincent and Christian look very elegant, just like their dad

I actually like his look more then his cousins who look like shrunk down versions of their dad.

Although Christian is not so “shrunk down” these days.;)

He’s as tall or close to as tall as his father-I’m thinking he’ll end up taller than Frederik.

I do like Nikolai's coat but the shoes ruin the look.
Plus this being grandma's big premiere, I expected more formality then a night at the theater with friends.

Vincent and Christian look very elegant, just like their dad

For a 20 year old that is formal.

You think a normal 20 year old, if he was going to go to the ballet, would dress like that for a night out with his friends?? The sneakers perhaps. This is very much what young guys his age would wear if going to a family event or church with grandma or so on.

I guess as he is not the son of the heir, Nikolai is not under the same pressure to dress like 40 year old men in the body of a teenager as his cousins are.

It's really not that big of an issue. For me his shoes are off for the event. Thats it, No worries.
And I do know plenty of 20 years old that bring out the dress shoes for going to the theater.
Its a thread about fashion and thats it. :flowers:

Maria Carolina is a pretty girl and for once I think her look is both stylish and appropriate for her age!

I think Nikolai is underdressed when compared to everyone else in the royal party but he looks fine overall and he’s old enough to dress as he pleases at what is essentially a private family outing. When he and Felix were their cousins’ ages they were very often dressed in a more formal manner.

Frederik’s children all look nice and every time I see Christian I’m surprised by how tall he’s getting. He’s only I think 14 (?) now so I think he’ll be much taller than his father.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always love the traditional clothes the Bourbon-Parma children wear. The girl's dresses are particularly gorgeous.

Estelle looked as lovely as ever. Love blue on her.

:previous: Nice, they all look warm and cozy.
I really like Isabella's coat.

I love the photo in the stables, with the horse and tree.

I also love they all look like they are dressed for a ride, warm and cozy in winter. Not in the Christmas party garb you usually see in royal photos.

Isabella and Josephine looked wonderful, especially love Isabella's coat.

:previous: They are adorable...Gabriella is so pretty!?

:previous: IA looks so gorgeous and grown up! Sverre Magnus looks smart in his suit too.

Princesses Maria Carolina and Maria Chiara at the Christmas Ball "Dolce Vita" in Monaco on December 14:

** Full view **

Maria Carolina looks lovely but Maria Chiara's dress is a little too revealing for someone of her age. They're dressing her like she's a Kardashian or something.

Key words: Dressing her. You don’t dress a teenager. Esp.a teenage girl.Esp. one that probably Has access to some money of her own. You can advise, show your approval or disapproval but they have their own style, tastes, and you just have to let them learn on their own.

I do think you can tell her that she is not allowed to go out in such a dress; but that's rather hard if your daughters are just imitating your own style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom