Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 8: July 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strangely, I prefer Fred's clear framed specs.

I'm the opposite. I much prefer the black frames. They stand out more and look great with his salt-and-pepper hair.

Daniel and Carl Philip at Sports Gala this evening. Daniel at his midnight blue double-breasted tuxedo, which he has had for a long time. Now also Carl Philip has bought a double-breasted tuxedo.
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/19...=W3BXkUUkmiFPF0mfpYb7HV0zNb56-PNA8hGstqFl1uY=
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/19...=pwYU13lVH88bmsk3BSrCM6fsxXachl5Xvn7RKr3I6XA=

With Prince Carl Philip's double-breasted tuxedo jacket, should the ends of his long sleeved white shirt be showing?
His brother-in-law's sleeves are not showing.

:previous: Also give extra credit to Crown Prince Haakon because his suit jacket is buttoned.

I am loath to complain about this man and what he wears, but his trousers appear to be a tad too long? They're bunched up at his ankles, or maybe that's just an odd fold of fabric while he's walking. Usually, his suits are tailored to perfection (and I should know, I stare at them enough. LOL).

Even if it was private , Frederick does not look as a King it Roskilde Cathedral .

I guess his ceremonial uniform was at the cleaners. Frederik has never looked like his position outside of official events. If you didn't know who he was and you saw him on the street, you'd think he was just a handsome man going about his business. Which I'm sure is what he prefers.

No complaints from me! No complaints from me! Here's a bonus picture with the extra incentive of his glasses...for those who are into that sort of thing. ;)

Last edited:
He looks great! Always stylish in his college professor look. I love that Frederik is not stuffy. Not everything requires a suit, especially something like a private visit to Roskilde Cathedral. Not everything with their Majesties is a photo op that requires styling or anything else. This was an unannounced visit to DTU and he looks relaxed yet appropriate for the engagement.

A minor quibble, but I'd have preferred if it was black. Dark blue tuxes don't do much for me, but as with 99% of what he wears, he looked fantastic.

A nice suit on Frederik for Queen Margrethe's birthday. Love the stylish and modern pattern. His tie color really completes the look.
just needed some sunglasses :cool: , Mary too

Not a fan of Haakon's double breasted suit. The tie adds nothing.
Also, California has announced a State of Emergency due to his shoes ;)

A nice suit on Frederik for Queen Margrethe's birthday. Love the stylish and modern pattern. His tie color really completes the look.
just needed some sunglasses :cool: , Mary too

Not a fan of Haakon's double breasted suit. The tie adds nothing.
Also, California has announced a State of Emergency due to his shoes ;)
Double-breasted jackets are back in fashion in Europe. Expect to see more in the coming years!

Double-breasted jackets are back in fashion in Europe. Expect to see more in the coming years!

I guess. But Haakon's just looks so old. Maybe he can get a new one, more modern

He’s another one who needs to go see Felipe’s tailors. Properly-fitting clothes are a diplomatic minimum.

Back
Top Bottom