Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: January 22, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know the last couple of years, Jack just faded into the background when comparing the two York boyfriends. But reading a bit more about him, watching the video and they way they interact with each other...this appears to be a great match.

I am very excited and happy for Eugenie and Jack! I love the interview and how they agreed it was love at first sight.

Its a shame this wedding will not be televised but I can't wait for the pictures and a date!

I just googled the ring color and I must say I'm not impressed. Colored Stones are not my fav but this one in particular is an eye sore.

I think it’s stunning. I had never heard of this particular stone before but it took my breath away.

I think it’s stunning. I had never heard of this particular stone before but it took my breath away.
I've never heard of it either, but Hey I'm not a big fan of colored engagement rings so it's probably just me.

For some reason I have not been able to get the dancing video to play. :sad: I can't find it as a stand alone either. Does someone have some other access to that video? I am so curious given all the comments. ;)

You can see a bit here

Nice to see them having fun and letting loose, celebrating with their friends now that the news is out.

Last edited:
The ring suits Eugenie. I think that stone may remind them of the beautiful sunset when they became engaged, since it seems the ring came after rather than during the proposal.

The ring suits Eugenie. I think that stone may remind them of the beautiful sunset when they became engaged, since it seems the ring came after rather than during the proposal.

According to the video he found the sapphire before he proposed to her. But the ring itself wasn't made until 'she signed off on it'. He seemed to have the stone in mind as it reminded him of her.

Last edited:
According to the video he found the sapphire before he proposed to her. But the ring itself wasn't made until 'she signed off on it'. He seemed to have the stone in mind as it reminded him of her.

well, the stone reminds me of a sunset:lol:

Just for curiosity: is Jack Eugenie's first "serious" love? She wasn't even 21 when she met him.

well, the stone reminds me of a sunset[emoji38]
I love the ring and the cut is masterful in that the light refraction makes it almost look like a living three dimensional flower. Absolutely stunning and IMHO makes her mother's and other like rings look flat and two demenu tional.

The discussions about the wedding venue, the guest list and whether the wedding will be televised, have all been moved to Eugenie and Jack's Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread.

Can Jack sit with Eugenie at Harry's wedding?

I assume he will arrive with Eugenie?

^ Of COURSE..

They attend weddings as a couple, so they sit together..

If Eugenie goes I don't see why she couldn't take him not that he would want to go being a guy and all. Plus Meghan hung out with Harry ay Xmas so Jack can hang with Eugenie.

Now that they are engaged I believe so... Mike sat with Zara at Will & Kate's wedding. However if they were not engaged, then i believe he would be sitting separately; not with the family. When Chelsea (and Kate) attended Autumn and Peters wedding - they sat separately from Harry despite Chelsea being Harry's date.

Yes he will sit with Eugenie as they are an engaged couple. Once engaged they do move up in situations like this - as Mike did at William's wedding when he entered and sat with Zara.

The only adult grandchild who will be alone will be Beatrice now.

Sapphire ring

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
(Granny is very happy the Princess says)
Congratulations to Eugenie and Jack!
Engagement Ring??
Said it’s a Sapphire which as far as I know is BLUE;
Why am I seeing a Red Ruby Ring in the Official Engagement Photos??

Sapphires and rubies are the same stone, just different colors. Sapphires are available in almost all colors of the rainbow which makes them popular as birthstones. The blue is most traditionally called a sapphire and is the September birthstone (mine :) ). It's a lovely ring.
ed--I see others have already gone into better detail about the ring--thanks

Last edited:
12th October it is... just been announced.

Interesting that they have chosen a Friday. Wonder if the children will take the day off school as there are a number of school age children in her family. Maybe it's a "no kids" wedding...

So prior to the I.G. ...I can imagine what it must of taken to get everyone's calendars in sync.

LaRae

Molly I can't imagine it's a big deal to pull the kids out of school for one day, if needed.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Molly I can't imagine it's a big deal to pull the kids out of school for one day, if needed.

LaRae

Parents get fined for taking kids out of school in the UK. I know it's not a big deal for one day, I am just surprised that it's not on a weekend. Oh well, it's their choice and there is obviously a reason for it.

Maybe it is an evening wedding; wasn’t Edward & Sophie’s at 5:00pm?

My guess is trying to get everyone's diaries to line up. Plus her wedding is going to be a 'private' wedding, not likely to be televised so no real concern about traffic etc.

I know G&C go to a private school right? Not sure about Louise/James etc.

LaRae

My guess is trying to get everyone's diaries to line up. Plus her wedding is going to be a 'private' wedding, not likely to be televised so no real concern about traffic etc.

I know G&C go to a private school right? Not sure about Louise/James etc.

LaRae

Louise and James also go to private school. James attends the school at St George's in Windsor Castle and Louise attended the same school until this year when she changed. Not sure where she goes now but I would imagine it is also a private school. I imagine Savannah and Isla also attend private school but no idea where.

Back
Top Bottom