Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Welcome to the Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooskbank Wedding Suggestions and Musings thread.

You may use this thread to discuss a variety of things that relate to the wedding: possible location of the wedding, the music, attendants, guests, etc.

There are separate threads to discuss the wedding dress and the wedding jewelry and tiaras.

A separate 'Official Wedding Information' thread will be opened when a date is set and the Palace starts releasing official news.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British Forum moderators and/or TRF administrators.​

Thanks for the thread.

I know she has a lot of celebrity friends. I get the feeling here will be a lot more of those types at this wedding. Kind of loving having two wedding back to back. Shades of 2011.

Which of her cousins is Eugenie close to, other than Harry?

I expect Beatrice will be her Maid of Honor, and Jack's brother will be best man.
Little Maud Windsor is her godchild, so I imagine she will be a bridesmaid.

I’ll bet Charlotte and George get to be in yet another wedding :)

Maybe also Peter Phillips’ girls and Zara’s daughter.

That’s for sure ACO. I’d love to see Eugenie wear the Strathmore Rose tiara. It’s all very exciting.

I think Eugenie is close to Peter Phillips.

If I recall, I believe she gave a reading at his wedding.

I always thought she would be a godmother to one of his children, but since we don't know the names....perhaps she is.

I think the Strathmore Tiara would look lovely but I can see her using something from the Queen rather than the Queen Mother.

I believe the York girls are friends with the Branson family. Sam and Holly have children who could be the right age for the bridal party.

Are you going to have a pick the tiara thread Zonk?

I wouldn't be surprised if she has a very small wedding party - Beatrice of course ... and possibly a cousin from Sarah's family.

I don't think she will have George or Charlotte - more likely one or both of Peter's children or none at all.

Or maybe some grandchildren of her maternal aunt Jane?

I think Eugenie is close to Peter Phillips.

If I recall, I believe she gave a reading at his wedding.

I always thought she would be a godmother to one of his children, but since we don't know the names....perhaps she is.

I think the Strathmore Tiara would look lovely but I can see her using something from the Queen rather than the Queen Mother.

Peter and Eugenie being close seems pretty strange considering there is a 13 year age gap between them. Harry and William did a reading of Velveteen Rabbit at Zara’s wedding could you be mixing that up.

She could go the Sarah Chatto route and have teenage attendants. Basically she has the pick of Louise and James, plus Snowdon’s kids, all the kids of her Windsor first cousins and extended family.

Wonderful news for Eugenie and Jack.
They look happy.

I hope we see cute Maud Windsor, Eugenie's goddaughter; the Phillips girls, Mia Tindall and James amongst the attentants.

I think people may be confusing Peter's daughters with Freddie Windsor's. And by that I mean the comment about godchildren. Eugenie is Maud's godmother.

Beatrice and likely Thomas Brooksbank will likely be the MOH/best man.

There are a number of kids to choose. I doubt we will see the Cambridge kids. Perhaps some of the ones we don't see for Meghan, we will see here. Though Beatrice seems closer, Eugenie is also close to the Branson family.

kid options:
-Maude Windsor- Eugenie's goddaughter, seems highly likely
-Savannah and Isla Philips
-Mia Tindall
-Eva Branson-will be 3 this year, Sam and Isabella's eldest child
-Etta or Artie Andrews- Holly's twins, maybe Artie for a little pageboy, 3.
-her cousin Seamus (Jane's son) seems to have a few kids

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some royals and aristos from the continent. Maybe not as many as Beatrice, as she moves more in those circles, but they both have attended weddings and events. Like with Amedeo of Belgium, the Casiraghi, some German families. The wedding list definitely should be heavy in some celebrities, and gentry at the least.

Peter and Eugenie being close seems pretty strange considering there is a 13 year age gap between them. Harry and William did a reading of Velveteen Rabbit at Zara’s wedding could you be mixing that up.

She could go the Sarah Chatto route and have teenage attendants. Basically she has the pick of Louise and James, plus Snowdon’s kids, all the kids of her Windsor first cousins and extended family.

From the Hello! magazine coverage on Peter and Autumn's wedding--
"During the ceremony Princess Eugenie read Shakespeare’s sonnet 116, conveying that love "looks on tempests and is never shaken"."

I think she has a lot of options for attendants. Other than her sister being involved, I have no clue who she'll choose.

From the Hello! magazine coverage on Peter and Autumn's wedding--
"During the ceremony Princess Eugenie read Shakespeare’s sonnet 116, conveying that love "looks on tempests and is never shaken"."

I think she has a lot of options for attendants. Other than her sister being involved, I have no clue who she'll choose.

Thank you! I knew I read it in the Peter/Autumn exclusive...but my royal stuff is in storage in Maryland while I am in Alaska!

Eugenie being Maud's godmother is so out there...who even knew she was still close to Fred Windsor. I knew they kind of grew up together in Kensington Palace but that was a long time ago.

Thank you! I knew I read it in the Peter/Autumn exclusive...but my royal stuff is in storage in Maryland while I am in Alaska!

Eugenie being Maud's godmother is so out there...who even knew she was still close to Fred Windsor. I knew they kind of grew up together in Kensington Palace but that was a long time ago.

You're welcome.?

It is interesting when information comes out that shows close relationships amongst various members of the royal family that we don't see normally.

I almost wish she'd have an evening wedding so everyone could wear tiaras...she and Beatrice are princesses and neither of them have ever worn tiaras, I don't think. What's the fun of being a royal princess if you can't wear the gems? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost wish she'd have an evening wedding so everyone could wear tiaras...she and Beatrice are princesses and neither of them have ever worn tiaras, I don't think. What's the fun of being a royal princess if you can't wear the gems? :)

Now that would be an interesting wedding. :flowers: I like that idea. So many possibilities, though churches can look so forbidding in the evening (no light coming through the stained glass windows). They would have to have tons of candles and flowers, or some sort of pervasive low lighting. TWINKLY LIGHTS!!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it would be an evening wedding.

British weddings traditionally are morning affairs and there is no way the Queen would want them all in tiaras especially as she has a 'rule' that only married women can wear one - that would emphasise more to Beatrice her unmarried state as she wouldn't be able to wear one.

I would expect a morning wedding with a lunch-time reception and a night-time party for the younger guests.

There probably won't be any TV coverage except the odd glimpse of them arriving and leaving - no coverage inside the Chapel or through the streets of Windsor for this couple I suspect.

Security will be so much easier than for Harry's - just close the gates of the castle and allow no one in for the day other than invited guests and maybe some press but that I suspect may be all.

I know it won't be an evening wedding, thus my statement of "I almost wish".

:previous: Due to simple fact it was a late afternoon wedding. That is why there was also no hats for the women. Day dress and hats are only appropriate for earlier day weddings. That is why on the continent we see more formal weddings with gowns and often tiaras, as they tend to be later afternoon.

Eugenie is more likely to follow the regular route: late morning ceremony, reception throne by queen, and then an evening party for friends. Not just among royals like William and Kate, it is common now a days.

:previous: So it is simply because of the time? Is there any reason that they chose late afternoon but not follow the tradition?

:previous: So it is simply because of the time? Is there any reason that they chose late afternoon but not follow the tradition?

Yes. Traditionally an evening/late afternoon wedding would be black tie at this type of wedding. Which for women means long gowns, no hats, and men black tie. Day time events call for day/lounge suits or uniforms, and day dresses and hats for women.

Edward and Sophie seemed to want to make a point of their wedding as being different from the standard royal wedding as possible. Having a simple late afternoon ceremony and one reception, was a definite change.

While Eugenie's wedding will be smaller then even Harry's, I don't see her going this drastic. Even 'commoner' weddings like Pippa's and others in the circles Eugenie has gone to, will have had the three event form.

I doubt it would be an evening wedding.

British weddings traditionally are morning affairs and there is no way the Queen would want them all in tiaras especially as she has a 'rule' that only married women can wear one - that would emphasise more to Beatrice her unmarried state as she wouldn't be able to wear one.
It must be a fairly recent "rule" then as both Princess Margaret and The Princess Royal wore tiaras as unmarried teenagers - Anne to the State Opening of Parliament. Granted, times have changed...

Which of her cousins is Eugenie close to, other than Harry?

I expect Beatrice will be her Maid of Honor, and Jack's brother will be best man.
Little Maud Windsor is her godchild, so I imagine she will be a bridesmaid.

I didn't know that. Oh my...I can see it now....A circlet of flowers around that mass of curls framing that adorable face.

I think I just died from cuteness overload. [emoji4]

I hope she wears her Mother's Tiara. It truly is a beautiful piece & it has been unseen for far too long!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom