Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That combination of a very slim band, usually around 2mm, and small pave diamonds has been a popular look for the last 8-10 years. There's been lots of discussion in jewelry forums about the durability of the rings made in this style, and whether the combination of honking big stones with very fine bands is proportional or not, but the changes to Meghan's engagement ring are certainly in keeping with current jewelry styles. I liked her original ring, and find it interesting that apparently she was longing for a more blingy upgrade just like many other women!

A pave of tiny diamonds is hardly a bling upgrade. :lol: At least not the in the sense of upgrading engagement rings.

A pave of tiny diamonds is hardly a bling upgrade. :lol: At least not the in the sense of upgrading engagement rings.

Adding more stones even though they are small stones is blingy.

I liked the simplicity of Meghan’s original band, but I’m biased. My engagement ring is the same design as Meghan’s was but with much smaller diamonds.:lol:
And I’ve had mine for almost 33 years.

Last edited:

That's exactly what it is, and there's nothing at all wrong with wanting a little more sparkle and bling to your engagement ring, if that's what you like. Lots of women do this, especially if they didn't have input to the original engagement ring. It's not a moral failing to like pave, so noting that Meghan chose to add some to her wedding set isn't a criticism.

That's exactly what it is, and there's nothing at all wrong with wanting a little more sparkle and bling to your engagement ring, if that's what you like. Lots of women do this, especially if they didn't have input to the original engagement ring. It's not a moral failing to like pave, so noting that Meghan chose to add some to her wedding set isn't a criticism.

I didn’t say it was a criticism. I just don’t believe it qualifies as a bling upgrade.

Few things in life are as tedious as a discussion about semantics. Let's move on ...

Last edited:
I don't find it vulgar, but it definitely is a less minimalist style. Any ring with a large central stone, side stones and pave has definitely moved to the more ornate end of the spectrum. Whether someone likes that or not is a matter of personal taste.

Eh. I guess it's a matter of perspective but as far as engagement rings go, this one is still on the simplistic side, even with the change, which wasn't even noticeable until a royal watcher pointed it out weeks after Meghan first wore it. I think that says it all.

It’s all a matter of personal taste. Meghan is obviously of the opinion the pave band sets off the central diamonds a treat. Personally I prefer the plain gold band.

I like the addition of the pave diamonds on the sides..it ties it in more with the anniversary ring. If she wasn't wearing her rings (swelling) Perhaps Harry surprised her with the changes when he gave her the anniversary ring.

LaRae

������������������: The untold story behind Prince Harry’s first anniversary ring for Duchess Meghan — and his touching tribute to son Archie.

So sweet!

Wow...so...Omid has been more right than wrong in comparison to other royal watchers.

I wonder how Ingrid Seward feels now..she basically blamed Meghan for the change to the ring and it looks like it was.....Harry.

Wow...so...Omid has been more right than wrong in comparison to other royal watchers.

I wonder how Ingrid Seward feels now..she basically blamed Meghan for the change to the ring and it looks like it was.....Harry.

It seems like Omid gets the hottest and the most reliable tea now. Good luck to other RR's :D

It seems like Omid gets the hottest and the most reliable tea now. Good luck to other RR's :D

Or Omid is Meghan's preferred man in the UK media, perhaps her Richard Kay?

For the most part Omid reports nothing but positive ‘news’ about the Sussexes.

It would be interesting if he’d be lauded as the ‘most reliable’ if his stories were negative.

For the most part Omid reports nothing but positive ‘news’ about the Sussexes.

It would be interesting if he’d be lauded as the ‘most reliable’ if his stories were negative.

Excellent point but it doesn't change the fact that it was most likely Harry who made the changes to the ring. Or Meghan made the changes with Harry's approval.

At the end of the day, its Meghan's ring and it was a gift from her husband...and since they were okay with the change...that's all that needs to be said.

Last edited:
Query why this information released to Omid only?

I don’t see any information release. Omid is his sources like all RRs have theirs. Whoever has the best sources gets the stories.

And obviously it’s not coincidence that this comes out the same day we see a little bit of the other stones. It’s called vetting the source.

I don’t see any information release. Omid is his sources like all RRs have theirs. Whoever has the best sources gets the stories.

Certainly.... or the preferred one tipped off. It won't be the first or last time that happened!

I loved the story about how the ring came to be and the meaning behind it. One thing over the years that I've experienced is that rings that actually *mean* something are the ones I prefer to wear. It turns out that I now stack quite a few rings with my plain gold wedding band. I have a small diamond band celebrating our years of friendship, the wedding band, the larger diamond band that is an anniversary ring and then my diamond solitaire. Means I have to wear my three stone "past, present and future" ring on my other hand.

Rings tell a story and are a reminder of promises made as the years go by. I think this is basically what Harry and Meghan are doing and all of the ring changes are just adding to their story.

So many reporters at some time or another, claim to have ‘exclusive’ info about the BRF, whether the info is right or wrong. Ingrid Seward stated incorrect info & others repeated it.

I love Prince Harry’s thoughtfulness in how he designs meaningful jewellery for his wife.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wouldn't be the first time Ingrid was just so very very wrong. It is kind of amusing actually that so many of the press came at Meghan when now revealed it was likely Harry.

As for Omid.... he keeps it positive for all the royals. He seems to try to stay away from the tabloid fodder for the most part. That is his stance and they all have their own. Nice update with the ring. Sweet gesture. You can see the new birthstones in the closeup pictures.

Many of us on this very thread stated that it was Harry who changed the ring most likely so not surprised to get that confirmed.

But even if it was Meghan herself who did it, the furor it caused was so ridiculous.

Whatever, this is just further proof of how thoughtful Harry is. A lovely gesture for their first anniversary.

I love the story about the engagement and eternity rings. Seward and other reporters dragged Meghan for days about the engagement ring and Harry was the one that made the changes.

Let's get back to discussing Meghan's jewelry and move on from discussing royal reporters and their sources.

It was very thoughtful of Harry to have those special birthstones inserted as part of the eternity ring. In one of the close-up pictures of Meghan's fingers at TTC, it appears that the special stones on the eternity ring are visible.

The band for Meghan's engagement ring reportedly needed to be resized. I think the original band was always slightly loose on Meghan's finger. Perhaps with the wedding band and the new eternity ring, Harry and Meghan felt the diamond band goes better with the other two since they were always planning to have the band resized. And perhaps during the latter stages of Meghan's pregnancy, it was felt to be the right time to have the work done, since Meghan may have experienced some general swelling and had to remove her rings.

Meghan does tend to prefer delicate jewelry, so the new band for the engagement ring fits that description and it looks better as a diamond band with the gold wedding band and the new eternity ring.

Many of us on this very thread stated that it was Harry who changed the ring most likely so not surprised to get that confirmed.

But even if it was Meghan herself who did it, the furor it caused was so ridiculous.

Whatever, this is just further proof of how thoughtful Harry is. A lovely gesture for their first anniversary.

He is so thoughtful and happy. Our Harry is in love. The hidden meanings and the fact that she tapped a bespoke jeweler who is as philanthropic as they are is beyond amazing.

Back
Top Bottom