Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd rather see Meghan in Princess Diana's emerald choker, and leave the sapphire set to Kate. JMO.

Emerald choker didn’t belong to Diana personally. And there is more than one sapphire set. I don’t think sapphires are entirely Kate’s just because she got the ring. And do we even know if Kate loves sapphire that much?

Diana, Princess of Wales owned the Saudi Arabia suite, the Oman suite and the sapphire brooch necklace. It is unlikely that Kate will get all of the sapphires and Meghan gets none.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-visit-Dubbo-second-day-Australian-tour.html

I hope this works - I am not always good with copy and paste. Since we don't really have a Harry Jewelry thread, I putting this in Meghan's. Has anyone else noticed the black ring Harry is wearing on his right hand? You could see it in some of the photos from Sydney yesterday. He is still wearing his wedding ring on his left.

The Emerald choker was made by Queen Mary from her grandmothers 40 emeralds won in a raffle. Known as the Cambridge emeralds, from Augusta the Duchess of Cambridge.
The choker belongs to the Queen and was lent to Princess Diana. I am very sure of this. So it will be part of the Queens Royal collection, especially as it has a strong royal provenance.

And it would be nice if Kate wears the Cambridge emerald choker as the Duchess of Cambridge. Meghan also likes green...so she can get the earrrings and bracelet that Diana wore with the choker.

The Emerald choker was made by Queen Mary from her grandmothers 40 emeralds won in a raffle. Known as the Cambridge emeralds, from Augusta the Duchess of Cambridge.

Might want to check your sources, because this isn’t true.
The new description states that the emeralds were not the Cambridge emeralds, but a gift from the Ladies of India presented to Mary by the Maharanee of Patiala in December 1911.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Art Deco Emerald Choker

The choker belongs to the Queen and was lent to Princess Diana. I am very sure of this. So it will be part of the Queen's Royal collection, especially as it has a strong royal provenance.

It does indeed belong to the Queen and was only on loan to Diana.

Ok...so I was wrong! Therefore, since Kate already has a magnificent emerald and diamond parure...maybe Meghan can wear the emeralds from Diana.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-visit-Dubbo-second-day-Australian-tour.html

I hope this works - I am not always good with copy and paste. Since we don't really have a Harry Jewelry thread, I putting this in Meghan's. Has anyone else noticed the black ring Harry is wearing on his right hand? You could see it in some of the photos from Sydney yesterday. He is still wearing his wedding ring on his left.

This is total speculation but maybe it is one of those rings that works like a fit-bit.

Thanks for the answers as to who owns the green emerald choker that Diana used to wear; i just hope someone wears it in the future as it so lovely. I'm happy for anyone in the family to wear it; i just hope Meghan does because I think she'd suit it. And I'm much too old to have to wait 76 years for someone to wear a piece that the royal family received in 1942 – I'm thinking of you, Greville Emerald tiara that waited that long to see the light of day...:whistling:

I'd rather see Meghan in Princess Diana's emerald choker, and leave the sapphire set to Kate. JMO.
That's not likely as they belong to the Queen and are part of the Cambridge emerald parade.

Meghan started the day with a dark drop necklace and seems to have collected a second chain with a gold disc. Anyone know the backstory?

Well, the Aquamarine ring Meghan wore at her wedding reception is no slouch!! That's a pretty major piece IMO.

Don't forget Diana had a second sapphire demi parure. A wedding gift from the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.

Well, the Aquamarine ring Meghan wore at her wedding reception is no slouch!! That's a pretty major piece IMO.
Meghan wears small and delicate pieces on everyday basis, but she's worn some not so small pieces and wowed when the occasion calls for it.

:previous:I was hoping they were a pair of Diana's, she seems to have had more than one. They look beautiful from their website, hope we see a closer look on her.

Beautiful earrings, and much more interesting than the usual ovals or rounds. I prefer a cushion cut, myself.

^^^ As indeed do I. They are more elegant and have a timeless appeal that is lacking in Diana's earrings, whose focus is more of a 'pretty style that suited Diana very well and seemed to mature as she did (nutty as that sounds).

It seems both Dukes are in no hurry to dress their wives in their late mother's jewels. Catherine's earrings made sense as they match her engagement ring and Megan's aquamarine ring wasn't around long enough to allow that high degree of ring = Diana.

I love that Meghan has her own personal collection assembled pre-Harry and was not afraid to experiment. Now larger pieces are appearing and selfish me can't wait for what's next.

I love Duchess Meghan's taste in jewelry, with delicate, elegant pieces that are understated and minimalist but also fun and quirky. It's so cool that Meghan was gifted on her wedding day by Harry that aquamarine ring of Diana's. That sparkler is simply to-die-for. How must it make Meghan feel to wear it I wonder? She doesn't like showy or gaudy overdone jewelry and accessories. That ring is so lovely and iconic, particularly since it has so much meaning having been worn by Harry's beloved mother. Here's more background details on the ring made by Asprey for Diana PofW:
https://theadventurine.com/culture/royalty/more-on-that-aquamarine-ring-harry-gave-meghan/
"Diana ordered the ring from Asprey right around the time she separated from Prince Charles in August, 1996."

I also think Diana's butterfly earrings and gold bracelet which Meghan has worn on the Australia tour are lovely:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...e-princess-diana-butterfly-earrings-bracelet/

Meghan's gold talon earrings, tusk bangle, and slim bracelet, purchased for her by friend Markus Anderson (possibly as wedding gifts) Meghan wore in April to the Queen's birthday celebration:
https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-jeweler-breaking-tradition-jewelry-style/

The Duchess of Sussex arrived at Fiji wearing earrings gifted by the Queen and bracelet gifted by Prince Charles. However, it is NOT the Cartier bracelet she wore on her wedding day, but the tennis bracelet she wore the night before her wedding and at the garden party celebrating PoW's 70th birthday.

Any pictures of the earrings worn in Fiji for the evening reception?

Yes all over twitter ...all KP will say is that the evening earrings are borrowed..no hints as to who from.

LaRae

Ant better pictures yet? I still have not seen a proper shot of the earrings

You know, I'm not sure those are diamonds. While they might be very low color diamonds (M to O range) since they definitely are not very white, they also don't seem to have as much fire as I would expect if they were diamonds. It could be just the photo, though. I'm hoping we get some more information on them at some point. Were they confirmed to be diamonds?

Back
Top Bottom