Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 9: January 2020 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is fantastic, so beautiful. And I'm so glad she didn't ruin the dress's simple and elegant feeling with a necklace. It would have been too much. The tiara, the brooch and the bracelet are enough.

She looks nice, but not one of her best looks for a future Queen. Her hair could be softer. The dress is a bit too fairytale rather than sophisticated m. JMHO

I want to see it from more angles, and I'm not 1000% sure the silhouette is the best for her, but the gradient is wonderful and she's just radiant.

As far as no necklace goes, perhaps Victoria is just following that cardinal dictate of fashion: "Look in the mirror; take one thing off". Between (giant, poofy, princessy) dress, tiara, orders, jewels for order, and CPV's beaming smile, I'm not feeling the lack of a necklace.

I wonder if it would work for months where there's actually snow?

Yeah. I’m not sure it is the best dress for her either, but I sure do like the dress itself.

Yeah. I’m not sure it is the best dress for her either, but I sure do like the dress itself.

It might not be the absolute best dress ever for Victoria, but she is clicking with enough of it (cleaner lines, icy + beautiful jewel coloring, nice Order blending, excellent bonus tiara match) to make it LOOK like a great dress for her. Clearly, now they need to have a gala where there is half-a-meter/foot and a half of snow on the ground in Stockholm, so we can judge properly. ;)

Although I doubt she'll repeat this one for quite a while. So maybe just more pictures in the interval.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Victoria looked lovely this evening.

The dress was designed by Christer Lindarw. The flowers and feathers were created by Tim Mårtenson. The gown was sewn by Thalia Atelier in Stockholm.

That's quite an honour to Christer Lindarw that Victoria wore his dress at this event. Lindarw is a fashion designer and educated in Beckmans College of Design, but perhaps better known as a drag queen entertainer, and the leader of drag group After Dark. Many of us remember when Lindarw sang as queen Silvia at Victoria's birthday concert some years ago.
Christer Lindarw at his Instagram
"So honored by the prestigious design assignment to create the evening gown for H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria. She wore it yesterday at the festivities at Drottningholm Palace. In conjunction with the celebration of H.M. The King's 50 years on the throne. The dress is in sharp coral/orange chiffon."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CxNbSWTMaz-/?hl=fi

In other sources of inspiration, after tonight's dress and Estelle's at Ingrid's gala, I feel like both Victoria and her daughter must have a soft spot for the Disney versions of Cinderella! :lol: (Maybe this is where Estelle got it.)

Victoria looks absolutely stunning this evening at the King's Jubilee, Royal Opera's performance at Drottningholm Palace Theatre.
Gorgeous colour, simple and elegant.
https://imgix.billedbladet.dk/2023-...=format&fit=fill&ar=1050:750&fill=blur&w=1946
https://is.mediadelivery.fi/img/1920/c1e6aca1403548949acd603e9298409f.jpg
https://imgix.billedbladet.dk/2023-...=format&fit=fill&ar=1050:750&fill=blur&w=1946

It reminds this dress which Victoria had at the Dutch state visit last year.
https://static.cdn-expressen.se/images/b5/38/b5389fdb3b624ff9bd1f982381e6a285/annan/900@60.jpg

I only like the color.

Crown Princess Victoria looking fantastic at the banquet this evening. The colour gradient is beautiful:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

A stunning and regal dress.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Victoria looking fantastic at the banquet this evening. The colour gradient is beautiful:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
I love the way the tiara fits in with color gradient
Not quite sure about the waist of the dress as it seems a little raised and would look better with a more defined waistline but, you have got to love the esthetic that Victoria intentionally created on the grand scale, in short, the perfect "Ice Princess"!

I really love the clear ice of the fringe tiara which segues effortlessly into the silver ice of her order which, with it's almost chevon look on the weave of the sash and then the dress which initially provide more of a background to the sash and grades from pale ice blue from the top to a deeper icier blue and the bottom.

That entire ensemble took time to visualise and then to execute, so Kudos to Victoria who is tempted to go for the princess skirts that her mother used to wear for gala-wear and looking around is creeping slowly back. (Bless the Nobels for the feast they provide.)

She does occasionally, like for her tenth wedding anniversary portraits and certain awards. It's too bad because she looks very nice with it down and it seems more flattering that way. But she prefers the more serious and businesslike image from keeping it up. Searching "crown princess victoria hair down" will get you a few more pictures.

Thank you for that link. It is very pretty worn down, and up as well.

The Baden Fringe matched with this gradient gown!

It screams crown princess. She shall wear more ball gown. I can't wait to see her wearing it with the Leuchtenberg in future.

Christer Lindarw, the designer of Thursday's gown, had designed also this blue gown.
"Also yesterday H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria wore my design. The dress is in a pleated, tinted tulle. I am so enormously happy and honored by the assignment and trust."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CxP9DsBMFo7/

I guess the consensus is she needs to [have more occasions to] wear more Christer Lindarw! :lol: (...if he fixes that waistline)

Last edited:
Victoria beautiful at Prince Christian's birthday dinner today, October 15:

** Full view **

Victoria beautiful at Prince Christian's birthday dinner today, October 15:

** Full view **

Great to see once again this wonderful Elie Saab gown, which Victoria had for the first time at the Nobel Prize ceremony in 2010. It suits her so well.

Great to see once again this wonderful Elie Saab gown, which Victoria had for the first time at the Nobel Prize ceremony in 2010. It suits her so well.

I always wonder why don't she wear it again, it's a magnificent gown.

I am the only one but I don’t think the colour of this dress does her any favours. The style and detailing are lovely but the colour totally washes her out.

I am the only one but I don’t think the colour of this dress does her any favours. The style and detailing are lovely but the colour totally washes her out.

Empire is a nice look for Victoria, but I will agree that's not her greatest color.

While color is usually a very strong factor for me, I think CPV kinda, sorta carries it off... somehow. Not as great as it would be in black/jewel/something icy, though.

IA. I love the dress, but I think a different color would look better on her.

A beautiful and elegant dress.

It looks very similar to the gown Victoria wore to HGD Guillaume and Stephanie's pre- Wedding Gala in October 2012.

I think it's gorgeous.

Victoria looks amazing in this gown. It is quite a departure from her normal style in its clean-cut figure-hugging lines and very high neckline and more especially it's statement print. I love the that the action is all in the back, from her toned back visible through the large keyhole and the slit in the back shows off Victoria's beautifully toned legs and a very nice set of trim ankles.

I think the overall effect is really quite stunning and the extremely minimalist way she styled her hair was very effective.

Beautiful dress that looks well on the Princess, if only she had let her hair loose for once...

Once again, an ankle length, high-necked, form fitting gown and how terrific she looks wearing it. She's sporting a fine pair of trim ankles, and the style and length of her dress is the epitome of the dictum 'less is more'. I like it, she's elegant and very chic and her hair, while still essential the same as her day-to-day updo, but in a looser, softer, more feminine incarnation. Her accessories are, as per usual, spot on, with Daniel being her major supporting accessory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom