Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 20: November 2021 - January 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost always love what Mary wears. She pays attention to detail from head to toe! This outfit is a big miss for me! I don't like the cape type sleeves or the pants.

I almost always love what Mary wears. She pays attention to detail from head to toe! This outfit is a big miss for me! I don't like the cape type sleeves or the pants.

The pants are awful.

I usually like what she wears too, but not this outfit.

Mary looks stunning from head to toe. The outfit is so chic. This is effortless elegance to perfection. Love the drama of the blouse with the cape sleeves paired with the white classic trousers. It flows beautifully. On point look from top to bottom.

She looks fantatsic.

I thought I recognized it but I prefer it with the belt and scarf. And to me it looks dark purple.

Crown Princess Mary looks stunning. Love seeing this dress again. She once again shows how to give a dress new life with a few revisions.

:previous: It seems to me that over the years of her marriage Mary has taken a great deal of inspiration from her M-I-L. While she wears lovely slim dresses, those with a little extra like that two-piece knockout she first wore to the Bambi Awards, the greatest Margrethe influence comes in the form of a little bit of magic in the form of flash and splash with bigger skirts, dramatic floral or abstract patterned material and attention to the "whole ensemble".

The result is daywear with gloves if appropriate and gala-wear that knocks your socks of, like the the gorgeous black and white confection she is wearing today. The success or failure of an ensemble lies in the final silhouette which is more often a win rather than a loss. I can't wait to see just how far she is willing to go with the "Margrethe effect" because it's just so romantic and elegant and I think I'm out of superlatives.

Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 20: November 2021 -

Love the whole ensemble. I really like the way she has accessorised this gown. The style and print of the gown very much reminds me of photos I have seen of one Princess Margaret wore about the time when she was first married.

Edited to say. Found these pics of Princess Margaret’s gown - much earlier than I thought 1958!

https://www.topfoto.co.uk/asset/3116484/

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2023/08/21/princess-margarets-diamond-fleur-de-lys-brooch/

Last edited:
Mary once again working her magic (along with the designer) on a previously worn gown to give it new life! She is the queen of reworking gowns..hands down! And once again proving that with a little ingenuity and creativity, you don't have to go buy something new for every big event. She's handled this jubilee weekend looking spectacular in all repeat/reworked pieces.

I don't recognize this gown from a previous event. Can someone post a photo?

She looks wonderful ... as usual!

Wow.

Last time she reworked a major gown, I was uncharacteristically upset (a moment of silence for the stunning golden Høvring gown) but she's immediately won me back with this one! :D

I much prefer the pearl trim and little cape to the lace sleeve. And the colour is just stunning on her. I think I would've preferred the look with her Edwardian convertible but that's just a minor detail.

Wow.

Last time she reworked a major gown, I was uncharacteristically upset (a moment of silence for the stunning golden Høvring gown) but she's immediately won me back with this one! :D

I much prefer the pearl trim and little cape to the lace sleeve. And the colour is just stunning on her. I think I would've preferred the look with her Edwardian convertible but that's just a minor detail.

I just saw a clip of Mary in the hall under those lights and she shimmered like crazy. The photos so far have done no justice to how exquisite the new top portion of that dress is. Now it makes sense why she possibly wore minimal bling in jewelry (by royal standards anyway)...that top portion of her dress is the star. It and she are stunning! I still have not been able to get a clear view of the piece she has in her hair in the back though

Great choice. Very festive but not overshadowing the young man of honor: her eldest son!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom