Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: September 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little_star said:
"I think it should be said that the relative is only a relative by marriage and not by blood (her cousins husband)."

It says that in the first line of the article.

Well now its been said twice hasn't it?

"MII"

I just came across these forums a couple of weeks ago and now I just can't stop reading!!! I'm a big fan of CP Mary, she's so beautiful and stylish. I live in Mexico and the only famous royals here are Felipe and Letizia, they've been here a couple of times, but personally I'd much rather love to see the Danish princely couple come some time... I hope I don't have to wait a lot to see that happen...:rolleyes:

Ethel said:
I just came across these forums a couple of weeks ago and now I just can't stop reading!!! I'm a big fan of CP Mary, she's so beautiful and stylish. I live in Mexico and the only famous royals here are Felipe and Letizia, they've been here a couple of times, but personally I'd much rather love to see the Danish princely couple come some time... I hope I don't have to wait a lot to see that happen...:rolleyes:

Maybe they'll visit on vacation, but probably not on an official tour.
Keep you hopes up, maybe one day!:)

All posts related to the book There is something about Crown Princess Maryhave been moved to this thread where you may join the discussion.

From polfoto :
December 14, 2005

Kronprinsesse Marys hest Goucé deltog onsdag i Gardehusarregimentets traditionelle juleridt i Slagelse, hvor det udelukkende er hesteeskadronens officerer, der er til hest. Goucé er købt og betalt af kongehuset og hører normalt til i de kongelige stalde, men da kronprinsesse Mary måtte opgive at ride under sidste del af sin graviditet, valgte kronprinsparret at bede Gardehusarregimentets hesteskadron om at tage sig af hendes hest. Det fik premierløjtnant Peter Serup, som fik æren af at ride kronprinsessens hest rundt i Slagelses gader.

can anyone translate?

Attachments

• Pic_1.jpg
    Pic_1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 260
  • ch148811_guest.jpg
    ch148811_guest.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 231
  • ch148818_guest.jpg
    ch148818_guest.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 232
purple_platinum said:
From polfoto :
December 14, 2005

Kronprinsesse Marys hest Goucé deltog onsdag i Gardehusarregimentets traditionelle juleridt i Slagelse, hvor det udelukkende er hesteeskadronens officerer, der er til hest. Goucé er købt og betalt af kongehuset og hører normalt til i de kongelige stalde, men da kronprinsesse Mary måtte opgive at ride under sidste del af sin graviditet, valgte kronprinsparret at bede Gardehusarregimentets hesteskadron om at tage sig af hendes hest. Det fik premierløjtnant Peter Serup, som fik æren af at ride kronprinsessens hest rundt i Slagelses gader.

can anyone translate?

I can only give a basic translation, but here goes.

Crown Princess Mary's horse Goucé Wednesday was lent to the Guard's Horse Regiment? [Gardehusarregimentets] and then something about tradition and a battle - (not at all sure what that means) but the regiment only has officers on horseback.
Goucé is bought and paid for by the Royal Family and is normally in the royal barn , however when CP Mary had to stop riding in the last part of her pregnancy, she chose the Guard's Horse Regiment [Gardehusarregimentets] to look after her horse. [Premierløjtnant - not sure what that means, but it must be some kind of rank?] Peter Serup , had the honor of rideing the CP's horse around Slagelses street.

As a persoonal note, Goucé is a beautiful looking horse, and seems to have a lovely temperament. Is Goucé a name for a mare or gelding? [female or male horse that is!]

Last edited:
billie-jo said:
can someone tell is this mary?
billie-jo

No, both people in the photo are officers or at least members of the regiment. One is a man and the other is a blonde girl, so not Mary! :)
BTW, would she be able to ride yet? It's been 2 months, but probably not, she did give birth after all!;)

Layla1971 said:
No, both people in the photo are officers or at least members of the regiment. One is a man and the other is a blonde girl, so not Mary! :)
BTW, would she be able to ride yet? It's been 2 months, but probably not, she did give birth after all!;)

Layla1971

Jeez, what a girl. I would back on the horse in a day or so. ;)
I know also, that if I had learned to play the piano, I would have been a true proficient. :rolleyes:

You have already asked what Gouce means and I hope you get an answer but I would also like to know how to pronounce it in English. If someone could assist I would grateful.

Regards Jaques Demolay

Layla1971 said:
I can only give a basic translation, but here goes.

Crown Princess Mary's horse Goucé Wednesday was lent to the Guard's Horse Regiment? [Gardehusarregimentets] and then something about tradition and a battle - (not at all sure what that means) but the regiment only has officers on horseback.
Goucé is bought and paid for by the Royal Family and is normally in the royal barn , however when CP Mary had to stop riding in the last part of her pregnancy, she chose the Guard's Horse Regiment [Gardehusarregimentets] to look after her horse. [Premierløjtnant - not sure what that means, but it must be some kind of rank?] Peter Serup , had the honor of rideing the CP's horse around Slagelses street.

Good translation, Layla. Instead of lent to, I'd say participated. The horse participated in the annual Christmas "race" the Gardehus regiment holds in the streets of Slagelse.

jaques demolay said:
Layla1971

Jeez, what a girl. I would back on the horse in a day or so. ;)
I know also, that if I had learned to play the piano, I would have been a true proficient. :rolleyes:

You have already asked what Gouce means and I hope you get an answer but I would also like to know how to pronounce it in English. If someone could assist I would grateful.

Regards Jaques Demolay

Well, I'm thinking Goucé is a French name because of the accent mark on the 'é'. So, going on that assumption, it may be pronounced - Gu-chey, think Gucci, but chey at the end instead of 'chi'.
BTW, I noticed that this is your first post Jaques, welcome to the forum!:)

norwegianne said:
Good translation, Layla. Instead of lent to, I'd say participated. The horse participated in the annual Christmas "race" the Gardehus regiment holds in the streets of Slagelse.

Thanks Anne. I'm progressing rather slowly, but I'm recognizing more words each day, hopefully it won't take me forever to learn Swedish as it did with my German!:rolleyes:

If Goucé is a French word, I believe it would be pronounced Goo-say.

Layla1971 said:
Well, I'm thinking Goucé is a French name because of the accent mark on the 'é'. So, going on that assumption, it may be pronounced - Gu-chey, think Gucci, but chey at the end instead of 'chi'.
BTW, I noticed that this is your first post Jaques, welcome to the forum!:)

Thanks Anne. I'm progressing rather slowly, but I'm recognizing more words each day, hopefully it won't take me forever to learn Swedish as it did with my German!:rolleyes:

Layla1971

Thankyou for the welcome, and the pronunciation assistance.
Mandy, thankyou for assisting as well.
They all sound right don't they? I will have a think about it, pick one and live with consequences.:)

Thankyou again Jaques Demolay

Mandy said:
If Goucé is a French word, I believe it would be pronounced Goo-say.

No, I can speak basic French and I'm still studying it. A 'c' with an accented 'é' after it, would make it sound like 'chey'. In other words it would make the 'c' sound harder in a way.

Layla1971 said:
No, I can speak basic French and I'm still studying it. A 'c' with an accented 'é' after it, would make it sound like 'chey'. In other words it would make the 'c' sound harder in a way.

Don't worry about it Layla1971, I've only spoken French since I was a child. :)

Mandy said:
Don't worry about it Layla1971, I've only spoken French since I was a child. :)

Yeah, well I'm still learning and pronounciation is the hardest part for me!:eek: Although, spelling is easiest, strange that.:D

I'm french, and I can tell you that "Goucé" is pronounced : "goo-say"

If there is no "H" there is no reason to pronounce it "chey" at the end ;)

Josefine said:
how many state visits has mary been apart of

Including her engagement -

Two I think

The Romanian & Luxembourg State visits.

The recent Norwegian visit was an official visit, not a state one. I am sure the visit from the US president was also an official visit and not a state one. It's kind of weird that the only state visits the Crown Princess has been part of are the ones during her engagement and not after her marriage.

"MII"

P.S. I am speaking solely of visitng Heads of State to Denmark.

Margrethe II said:
Including her engagement -

Two I think

The Romanian & Luxembourg State visits.

The recent Norwegian visit was an official visit, not a state one. I am sure the visit from the US president was also an official visit and not a state one. It's kind of weird that the only state visits the Crown Princess has been part of are the ones during her engagement and not after her marriage.

"MII"

P.S. I am speaking solely of visitng Heads of State to Denmark.

What's the difference between a "State Visit" and a "official Visit"?

Please note that I found this on the net but I'm still confused...
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/11/14/statevisit.britain/

Last edited:
from hola.es :

Mary of Denmark got an animal protector of Australia upset

Australian a protective animal society that she tried to name godmother of the association to Mary of Denmark has decided not to do it. The reason has been that they have found out that in as the previous suppers to their wedding of the 14 of May of 2004, the Princes of Denmark served kangaroo, the animal emblem of Australia.

another article from BT : http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=409748:fid=100300158/

Last edited:
Angel S. said:
What's the difference between a "State Visit" and a "official Visit"?

Please note that I found this on the net but I'm still confused...
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/11/14/statevisit.britain/

Hi Angel S. !

here's what i can find on wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_visit

from what i can see, an official visit doesn't have to involve a Head of State, for instance, Frederik & Mary's visit to Australia earlier this year is considered an official visit. so do Haakon & Mette-Marit's to Poland, or Felipe & Letizia to Brazil, and so on. it sometimes have a longer period of time also, as opposed to state visit which usually lasted until 3 days.

According to the article it was Frederik who requested a salad that had kangaroo in it. I cannot picture Mary just a few days before her wedding forbbiding her future husband to ask for that particular dish.

Is it common to eat kangaroo meat??? Because if it is, maybe it was just a way of honouring the guests with something typical of Australia.

Ethel said:
According to the article it was Frederik who requested a salad that had kangaroo in it. I cannot picture Mary just a few days before her wedding forbbiding her future husband to ask for that particular dish.

Is it common to eat kangaroo meat??? Because if it is, maybe it was just a way of honouring the guests with something typical of Australia.

i think they are in danger of extinction. however, i really doubt that information is true. being mary australian, i think the last thing she would like for her pre-wedding dish would be that...

here's another article in danish, by bt.dk. perhaps someone can translate?
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=409748:fid=100300158/

En kænguru-middag kom i vejen for Mary

Australsk naturbeskyttelsesforening vil ikke have kronprinsesse Mary som protektor, fordi der blev serveret kænguru ved middag forud for brylluppet.

Den australske naturbeskyttelsesforening, Australian Wildlife Protection Council (AWPC), har trukket i land med planer om at få kronprinsesse Mary som foreningens protektor.
Ifølge den australske avis The Mercury har AWPC erfaret, at der under en middag forud for brylluppet mellem Mary og kronprins Frederik i 2004 blev...

...serveret kænguru.
- Det så ud til at være en god idé, men bestemt ikke, hvis hun spiste kænguru, siger organisationens præsident, Maryland Wilson.
AWPC kom på ideen om at få Mary som protektor, fordi hun angiveligt kalder kronprinsparrets lille søn for "lille kænguru". Middagen, hvor der stod kænguru på menuen, blev lavet af den australske chefkok Luke Mangan. Han siger, at han forud for middagen fik en personlig anmodning fra kronprins Frederik, der bad om, at der skulle være kængurosalat på menuen.

Last edited:
Kangaroo meat is good. I had it when I was in australia and I thought it was one of the greatest meats I had ever tasted. It was hard to get past the kangaroo factor. You know, eating the cute animals that hop around everywhere. But all you have to remember is that they can kick you pretty hard and scratch you like crazy. They are not nice animals.

well, i certainly don't agree, Princejonnhy25 !
one way or another, kangaroo is a great animal and should be forbidden to be eaten. maybe i sound harsh.. but, i support the wildlife organization for protesting on this one.

mirrjam said:
Are you a vegetarian purple platinum?
no, i'm not - not yet, cannot resist the temptation.
but, i do believe maybe it's considered ok to eat the kangaroo meat for some people, but, for a pre-royal wedding event, it's not a wise decision to eat a symbolic animal of the bride's country :( :eek:

Kangaroos are not an endangered species. Actually, according to some Australian friends, in some places they are considered a pest, because of their huge population in certain areas. I also found out that eating their meat is quite normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom