Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: September 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
Welcome to Crown Princess Mary's Current Events thread where you may post recent news, pictures and articles of Mary.

Just a reminder to give credit to pictures and aticles you post, otherwise they will be deleted. Foreign language articles must be translated within 24-hours or they will also be deleted.

Here is the link to the old thread.

Please be kind to each other and have a great time posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
some funny pics from one of her current events from buno press and tophoto.

Attachments

• 0932704.jpg
    0932704.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,119
  • 6479785.jpg
    6479785.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,145
  • 6479786.jpg
    6479786.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,091
  • 6479787.jpg
    6479787.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,116
  • 6479788.jpg
    6479788.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 6479789.jpg
    6479789.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,048
I have been looking every where without success, does anyone know th eexact heigh of princess Mary of Denmark. Correct me if I am wrong, to me she looks 5'6".

i dont' know how inches work but she according to some magazines she's 1.80

Tha would be around 5'11, whixh i think is imposible, because Princess Diana was 5'11" and Mary is definetely not Diana's height.

Here Mary stands in flats next to Iben Tinning who according to herself is 5 ft 6 inches which with online converter is 167-168 cm, and Mary appears to be the same hight or a little smaller but then Iben is wearing golf shoes, but still far from 1.80. Frederik I belive is the samllest of the Crown Princes also.
http://www.lpga.com/player_results.aspx?id=560&tid=3399
http://www.simetric.co.uk/feet_to_metres.php
showcasepix587527.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/LarzenM/showcasepix587523.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/LarzenM/showcasepix587524.jpg

legnavirginia2006 said:
I would say Mary is about 5'5".

I'd say that you are probably in the right area. Mary and Iben Tinning are very close in height, especially when you take note of the fact that they are both wearing fairly flat shoes. Iben is wearing golf shoes and Mary flats that have little to no heel, so I would guess that they are probably the same height. Mary must be between 5'5" and 5'7". I'm guessing that she is most likely taller than 5'5".

180 centimeters is 5'9" I believe. I am 5'10" and when I lived in Norway was measured at a little over 180.

Within an hour at 15 pm (English hour) is going to repeat a programm about Mary Donaldson's life. I saw it and it was the same program from the the danish tv about her trip to australia and her engagement. :)

I thinks it is awesome the way my fellow posters from Australia are protective of Princess Mary, or as you say, "Our Mary".

I would love it if she and Frederik came to the United States.

The emotion he showed at his wedding for his wife was so genuine I can tell the he is just so deeply in love with her and she with him.

Thank you Margrethe II, for explaining the color choice of her dress. :)

Lady Marmalade said:
I thinks it is awesome the way my fellow posters from Australia are protective of Princess Mary, or as you say, "Our Mary".

I would love it if she and Frederik came to the United States.

The emotion he showed at his wedding for his wife was so genuine I can tell the he is just so deeply in love with her and she with him.

Thank you Margrethe II, for explaining the color choice of her dress. :)

Indeed Lady Marmalade,

"Our Mary" is most definitly a term of national endearment. We are of course not blinded by the fact that Her Royal Highness is a Dane, but knowing that the Crown Princess was born, raised, educated (mostly ;) ) here on the great Island continent is something we are most proud of. Although a member of Europes oldest surviving Monarchy, Mary has still retained the values that we as Australians are brought up with and taught to believe in (not saying that most other countries dont share these common values of course). You can take the "girl" out of Australia, but you cant take the Australia out of the "girl" (or in our case, princess). And after meeting the Crown Princess, I know this to be true. One of the most remarkable, sincere, kind, loving & dedicated indaviduals one could ever hope to meet.

I am sure Their Royal Highnesses shall again visit the States. Lets hope next time its your state.

You're most welcome Lady M :)

My kind regards,

"MII"

Nicole, Kylie, and Mary.

All ours, and jealously protected and defended.

Margrethe II said:
Indeed Lady Marmalade,

"Our Mary" is most definitly a term of national endearment. We are of course not blinded by the fact that Her Royal Highness is a Dane, but knowing that the Crown Princess was born, raised, educated (mostly ;) ) here on the great Island continent is something we are most proud of. Although a member of Europes oldest surviving Monarchy, Mary has still retained the values that we as Australians are brought up with and taught to believe in (not saying that most other countries dont share these common values of course). You can take the "girl" out of Australia, but you cant take the Australia out of the "girl" (or in our case, princess). And after meeting the Crown Princess, I know this to be true. One of the most remarkable, sincere, kind, loving & dedicated indaviduals one could ever hope to meet.

I am sure Their Royal Highnesses shall again visit the States. Lets hope next time its your state.

You're most welcome Lady M :)

My kind regards,

"MII"

I would love it if they did, and I am sure she would be most popular and welcome here.

You met her?? I am so envious...:)

The Danish Royal Wedding was not shown on our news channels live in the Unites States...curiously, the Spanish one was on MSNBC.

So, I had to link to a live webcast of it and the picture was not all that clear....but we sat, 6 of us around the computer monitor, and just were totally entranced...

Warren said:
Nicole, Kylie, and Mary.

As they should be...three wonderful, funny, independent women who are to be admired for their strength and courage, in their own ways. :)

Lady Marmalade said:
I would love it if they did, and I am sure she would be most popular and welcome here.

You met her?? I am so envious...:)

The Danish Royal Wedding was not shown on our news channels live in the Unites States...curiously, the Spanish one was on MSNBC.

So, I had to link to a live webcast of it and the picture was not all that clear....but we sat, 6 of us around the computer monitor, and just were totally entranced...

I met Their Royal Highnessses when in Melbourne. A day I shall never forget ;)

You and 6 others all around a computer screen. Now thats dedication my dear :) Good going...

As always, my kind regards.

"MII"

Warren said:
Nicole, Kylie, and Mary.

No one get in between Warren and Kylie. I've made the mistake once before. :D

Danielle said:
No one get in between Warren and Kylie. I've made the mistake once before. :D

Oh, a fellow Kylie finatic huh???

Her calenders, photos, posters are all over my room, and a signed magazine in a frame mounted on my wall. :eek: I LOVE HER more than onyone could imagine!!!

"MII"

P.S. Great taste Warren.

Margrethe II said:
I met Their Royal Highnessses when in Melbourne. A day I shall never forget ;)

You and 6 others all around a computer screen. Now thats dedication my dear :) Good going...

As always, my kind regards.

"MII"

It was a miserable, rainy Friday EARLY!! morning...we all had a ton of coffee before and during..

Ahhh...The sacrifices we Americans make to watch the royal weddings.... :) teasing..

Well i would prefer Mary and Frederik as King and Queen of Australia rather than Charles. But idealy, i would prefer no monarch as i am a republican. (Im only interested in royal history etc, thats why im on these boards:))

Why do they do these silly polls? Have they forgotten that monarchy is not a popularity contest? If it was, Frederik would have been booted out in favor of his younger brother Joachim a few years back. :eek:

Thank God for primogeniture! :)

ysbel said:
Frederik would have been booted out in favor of his younger brother Joachim a few years back. :eek:

But he surely would have been reinstated now ;) :D :)

"MII"

Really? It was published in June and said they'll be moving there sometime "next year".
Interesting!

Mary's maternal leave turned out to be a short one, bt.dk reports. She'll join the rest of the royal family at a memorial concert for Queen Ingrid in Tivoli this Sunday, at 20:00.

She'll also join the welcome lunch for the Norwegian royals on the 7th.

cool! I can't wait to see her again. after this event she will return to maternety leave right? or else she only had a few weeks maternety leave, that is really short!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom