Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Danish Refugee Council (DRC): 2005 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mary looked lovely in that grey dress... red always seems to lighten her up as well.

Integration Prize Presentation Oct. 25, 2007

For those who may be slightly interested the recipients of the prize can be found here, which is in Danish. For our English speakers here is this list:

The employment prize:
Oracle Denmark ApS with the project Mentorordning for new Danes.

The enthusiast prize:
The NTACT-fund, Betty Nansen Teatret and the C project

Integration Town prize:
Odense Integrationsråd,

The municipal prize:
Vejle Kommune and the Byen in balance project

The school and education prize:
Rådmandsgades Skole in København N with the project Ildsjæle on Nørrebro.

The English version was translated by these people.

A great video clip of today's event. If that doesn't excite you, the reporter was able to speak to Mary for a bit. She has a lovely voice and the news clip details the event with Mary's thoughts on top of it. Plus some lovely photos courtesy of the fantastic blog, Mary en Maxima.

A great video clip of today's event. If that doesn't excite you, the reporter was able to speak to Mary for a bit. She has a lovely voice and the news clip details the event with Mary's thoughts on top of it. Plus some lovely photos courtesy of the fantastic blog, Mary en Maxima.
Thanks for the great clip GlitteringTiaras :flowers:
Cute final comment from Mary; one of the prizes - for the school at Nørrebro - was in appreciation of this school's ability to make it's pupils better and faster readers than the average pupil in Denmark - in spite of the fact that 3 out of 4 pupils have immigrant backgrounds. And asked Mary did admit that the Danish language had been one of the most difficult things for her; when the interviewer said 'but you are quite good!' - she beamed a 'Tusind tak' (thank you so much).
Mary still has an accent of course, but she seems more easily fluent - and appears more secure - each time we hear her speak Danish.

No problem. :flowers:

I must say Mary's Danish is pretty good; glad to see she's moving forward, for the language is not easy to master.

In the meantime, this new blog, by someone... I have no idea who, has some beautiful photos of Mary highlighting her daily events.

Enjoy!

Danish royal watchers have quite a few videos from the event & abit more information of the event. personally, this was a very intresting event
"prizes honour a focus on fighting social exclusion and efforts toward developing more inclusive communities and work environments in Denmark."

Thank you dazzling! I loved these pictures!
Mary is lovely and it seems, by her face expression, life was going so well for her. :flowers:

can anyone tell us what mary is telling the reporter in this video?

TV 2 Nyhederne

She talks about importance of integration, of being able to live together - and that this was the celebration of these efforts.
And she mentioned the importance of language - and admitted that this has been a difficult thing for herself as well (I have mentioned her language comments in post #59 in this thread if you want to see it :flowers:)

The Crown Princess Mary as patron of the The Danish Refugee Council, will visit the next 13 May the The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Geneva.

D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessens kalender

Program for the DRC portion of the visit:

May 13, 2008
12:00 - Welcome by the High Commissioner for Refugees, Mr António Guterres, UNHCR staff and children of Danish staff. Photo opportunity. Meeting with the High Commissioner. Working lunch hosted by the High Commissioner (at UNHCR Headquarters). Informal briefings/discussions with Department of International Protection Services, Division of Operattional Services (emergency room demonstration), and Regional Bureau for Africa.
15:15-15:30 - Farewell meeting with the High Commissioner in foyer of UNHCR. Photo opportunities in front of the UNHCR sign, Nansen statue and Nobel Peace Prize.
15:30 - Departure from UNHRC Headquarters.
Evening - Dinner hosted by Ambassador Marie-Louise Overvad. Photo opportunity outside upon arrival.

:flowers:

http://www.missionfngeneve.um.dk/NR...mforHKHKronprinsessensbesoegGenevemaj2008.doc

As always Paty, you are a gem. First one with the news Thank you ! Pretty coloured top Mary is wearing.

Thaks Paty, I love seeing Princess Mary involved with such great causes. I also like what she is wearing.

Here is another article (not in english, sorry) & a picture.

Thank you for the pictures. There is also a video in that article from dazzling which is in danish but you do hear Mary speaking. I love that jacket she wearing and yes it is recycled.

Tons of pictures here and even more here. Mary looked lovely, loved the outfit. Second link of pictures, the young covered girl with Mary is such a lovely picture.

I do love that white coat, very elegant! She is really a celebrity by now! Look at all the people around her outside!

See more info from:
Danish Royal Watchers: Mary presents Integration Prize 2008

This integration prize is newly created, three people received it and they combined together to re-present 'The Golden Frog' back to Mary in honour of her own efforts for integration. Apparently she was very touched.

I think this event doesn't belong into this thread, it has to do with immigrants and integration, not with refugees (though some of the immigrants are refugees).

Thank you for the pictures! I love this black dress on Mary. It's the same one she wore in New York for the press conference at Tavern on the Green. I believe its from Hugo Boss.

Thank you for the pictures! I love this black dress on Mary. It's the same one she wore in New York for the press conference at Tavern on the Green. I believe its from Hugo Boss.
Oh my goodness, Mary recycled! Now people will complain about that instead of complaining about her being a "clothes horse"! I have been doing a lot of reading about Mary and I feel that she is really doing a lot for her new country. She works hard at it and does it with class and style. I give her a lot of credit.

I also agree that The Royal Family is given a "salary" the same as I was while working for the USA government. How they spend it is their business the same as how I spent my money -- Mary feels that looking well while doing a wonderful job is important to her -- I agree. A persons appearance is 50% of their "selling power". Mary neat apparence will always help her as a patron to her interests.

I think that it is great that Mary is working to promote integration. This is a very important cause, and I admire Mary for becoming involved in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom