Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 2: October 2007 - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Prince Frederik attended the exhibition, "100 Things to See Before They Disappear". This was a photo exhibition that focused on the effects of climate change:
Kronprinsen, klimaet og Kløvedal - Klima konsekvenser

The article says that the prince gave a short introduction, and said to the crowd that the photos "reflect how important it is that we think about the future".

World Championship in Archery

Saturday 26 September 2009, 12:30pm. HRH The Crown Prince is present at the final competition of the World Cup in Archery in Nyhavn, Copenhagen.Photos: Sportsagency

:previous:
I love the pictures at the end, trying to guess what he's saying to the other person. :flowers:
I love the variety in the CP's engagements. :)

September 26
The Crown Prince is present at the opening of the exhibition "100 Places to remember before they disappear" on Kgs Nytorv in Copenhagen 11:30
PPE Agency

He looked that muddy last year. :flowers:
I'm glad he does sporting events like this. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the climate change exhibt the pictures were wonderful and I enjoyed them very much. I didnt understand a word of the speeches so wandered of after a while to look at them, but I thought the CP looks better in person than in pics though much shorter than I thought. I was also at the archery (it was across the road) loved the competition sorry to see Danish girl come second in the contest but had a delight in the girl from Venezueala who beat her she had a tiny but spirited crowd supporting her. Didnt see Fredrick after the first award ceremony I assume he left. I have pics of the two events but alas this traveller has no way of uploading them at the minute.

Surrounded by schoolchildren Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik (L) chats with retired US runner Jackie Joyner-Kersee at a special Olympics event for kids held in Copenhagen, Denmark on 30 September 2009.
Picture

It looks like a really fun event. The Prince looks incredible happy among the children. :flowers:

Crown Prince Frederik discusses Natural Wellness:
jp.dk - Kronprinsen motionerer med træstammer

The article says that the Crown Prince will meet with the Environmental Minister Troels Lund on Thursday. The two are meeting on behalf of the Forest and Nature Agency to promote the concept of exercising in the outdoors, using only the environment as your gym (arms strengthened by doing push-ups against a tree-trunk, etc).

Here is another article about the event:
http://www.sn.dk/artikel/20693:Sjaelland--Kronprins-motionerer-med-traestammer

They will meet with school children in a meadow in Lille Hareskov on Thursday.

Last edited:
October 8
Crown Prince makes inauguration of "Nature Fitness Park" in Lille Hareskov, Ubud at 10.00

Picture Gallery
Some great pictures and some funny pictures.
Frederik looks great interacting with the children.

He does look like he is having tremendous fun. No suit; I like it. :flowers:

Here's an article from Svensk Dam. There's a picture gallery at the bottom, quite nice quality too. The article mentions that it is sports week in Danish weeks, and suggests a job option for Frederik if he ever decides to abdicate: PE teacher.

A teacher or a coach,no matter what he does,he's adorable.I'm sure the Danes appreciate their Crown Prince,everyone would be proud of him.

Bear Hunting?

November 20
Crown Prince Crown bear hunting in Valby Fences, Helsinge at 9:00

Does anyone have information on what/why CP Frederick is hunting bears and why it appears on the official event calendar? Is hunting a part of his regular activities?

The Crown Prince does participate in hunts, but this is the first time that I have read about him hunting bears:ermm::sad:

There is usually quite a few hunts during the year, some of which the entire family attend. But Bear hunting is new, i imagine it's on the official calendar because it's an event.

I think i'm right in saying the the one around new year/ christmas (may have got the date wrong) time goes on the calender aswell? :)

It will be interesting to see if any pictures come out of the event. I'm a little surprised it's deemed an official event since member of the British Royal Family have been criticized for fox hunting. I wonder if Danes are more liberal on hunting issues?

November 20
Crown Prince Crown bear hunting in Valby Fences, Helsinge at 9:00

Does anyone have information on what/why CP Frederick is hunting bears and why it appears on the official event calendar? Is hunting a part of his regular activities?

The calender entry on the official site of the crownprincely couples reads:
" Kronprinsjagt: Fredag 20. november 2009 kl. 09:00
H.K.H. Kronprinsen afholder Kronprinsjagt i Valby Hegn, Helsinge"

Where do you read that he is bear hunting? Asaik there are no bears in Denmark.....

It will be interesting to see if any pictures come out of the event. I'm a little surprised it's deemed an official event since member of the British Royal Family have been criticized for fox hunting. I wonder if Danes are more liberal on hunting issues?

Kronprinsjagt
Fredag 20. november 2009 kl. 09:00
H.K.H. Kronprinsen afholder Kronprinsjagt i Valby Hegn, Helsinge.

The official calender states that the Crown Prince hosts a hunt in Valby Forrest, Helsinge on November 20th....NOT that he hunts bears!!!!!
This is an annual event and there are always photos! And the royal family usually hunt deer!:flowers:

He does look wonderful. Abit of a fashion mishap yesterday I think. :)

Fred really suits the look - very athletic physique.

Some additional pics from last Friday:

Crown Prince Frederik held the parole of his Royal Hunting Party at the
Valby Hedge woods on November 20, 2009. Minister of Defense, Soren
Gade arrived together with Crown Prince Frederik in prince Frederik's
Volvo.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

20-11-2009 Denmark Prince Frederik hunting in Helsinge north of Copenhagen, Denmark.
PPE Gallery

Its odd that no one is wearing bright-orange hunting vests.........its a great safety feature, so people don't get shot accidently.
Did fredericks cousin Gustav also attend ?? What about his brother Joachim ??

Nov 24, 2009 - Crown Prince is present to start the Copenhagen Marathon 2009 in Vester Voldgade, Copenhagen
Pictures

Frederik lookeed tired but glad that he looked sporty formal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom