Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 1: November 2002 - October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are really close! In fact Haakon even had Fred be his best man at his wedding!

What language do they converse in? Danish, Norwegian, or English? Thanks. :) BTW, it's so cute how Frederick and Haakon are laughing. I love it when we see royals from different countries interacting with each other!

Nevermind...I saw a post in the Olympic Thread that they speak in Danish/Norwegian since they're pretty similar. I thought Danish was a lot more complicated?

Last edited by a moderator:
soCal girl said:
Nevermind...I saw a post in the Olympic Thread that they speak in Danish/Norwegian since they're pretty similar. I thought Danish was a lot more complicated?
It's easy enough to understand. I live in Denmark, but speak Norwegian to people and am understood by the majority of Danes. Similarly, unless the Dane in question mumbles or something equal to that, Danish isn't all that hard to understand. ;)

from DPA

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark attends the Womens curling event at the Palaghiaccio Stadium , Pinerolo , Italy , on February 15 , 2006.

Last edited:
Is Mary at the Games as well? The Olympic Games must be a nice reminder to both of them of when they first met!

Queen Kell said:
Is Mary at the Games as well? The Olympic Games must be a nice reminder to both of them of when they first met!

no, she is not.
however, she'll be travelling with Frederik & Christian to Germany next February 17th.

I think Frederik looks gorgeous in these new pics. They really show off his good looks and he seems to be enjoying himself.

from ANP & Polfoto

16-02-2006 Danish Crown Prince Frederik cheers from the stands during a preliminary round curling match between Denmark and the Japan at the Turin 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Pinerolo, Italy, Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006. Denmark won 9-5.

Attachments

• 2395448.jpg
    2395448.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 178
  • ch154667_guest.jpg
    ch154667_guest.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Polfoto 15-02-2006 Danish Crown Prince Frederik gets into a car after watching a preliminary round curling match between Denmark and the United States at the Turin 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Pinerolo, Italy, Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2006. (AP Photo/Morry Gash)

Attachments

• AP613315_guest.jpg
    AP613315_guest.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 180
Question About Frederik's Name

Hi!!

Now, I know that Denmark has a tradition for kings' names, alternating Frederik, Christian, Frederik, Christian, etc., but what I don't get is why Frederik is actually called Frederik.
This generation (being Fred, Mary, etc.), and the past two generations of Danish rulers:

Frederik IX (father of current Queen Margrethe II)
Queen Margrethe II
Crown Prince Frederik (to be Frederik X)

This brings me to my question: Following tradition, shouldn't Crown Prince Frederik (or at birth, Prince Frederik), actually have been named Crown Prince Christian?

Anyone who knows anything about this, please post!

When Frederik was born, the Queen margrethe II asked permission to her father Frederik IX to call her son Frederik so that there is a balance between Christian (X) and Frederik ( X).

Oh, okay! Thanks Sira! It makes sense to me now

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH my poor eyes!!!
Bad bad bad bad choice of outfits, it's something not even Carson Kressly (from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy) would wear being high!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
How did Mary let him out of the house with that "thing"???
I guess as soon as Christian saw his father he started crying:cool:

Well, let's say it's an interesting choice. A purple suit. Where oh where did I see that one before?

Oh yes, now I remember. On Willy Wonka in Charlie and the chocolate factory! ;)

Perhaps he wants to get out of Mary's shadow and tries to improve his sense of fashion...:D

sesam said:
Perhaps he wants to get out of Mary's shadow and tries to improve his sense of fashion...:D
Oh!! Did he ever get out of Mary's shadow and bring attention to himself! Hee! Hee! And to think that he actually walked out of the palace this morning thinking "man, I look good"!!!! :D
I now must go and poke out my eyes so as not to have nightmares tonight!:p

hmmm...I wonder if he had to consult Michael Jackson or Prince on what color socks to wear with his wonderful Purple suit!!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! ha! Ha! Ha!!!!!!!

The Purple outfit needs to be destroyed.

Frederik is gonna be a runner-up in the worst-dressed-royal-man of the year, Jaime de Marichalar has a tough competition now (he's the husband of Infanta Elena, the eldest child of the Kings of Spain and he's known for the elf-colored velvet pants and the capes:cool: )

Wishful thinking - perhaps something went wrong with the camera and the color is not what it appears to be!

The problem with Frederick's outfit choices is that it takes attention away from what he is doing. I read the caption then saw the pants and forgot about where he was and had to look back. Just a reminder, he was at the 150th Sailor's Association with an awful PLUM colored suit! Oh Mary, have some sympathy on us and check you husband BEFORE he leaves the house!

Sorry everyone, I like this suit and he is one brave man to wear that colour....you go Fred!

Stellad

28-03-2006 Crown Prince Frederik gives out a grant to John Forndal-Friis
PPE
[URL=http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=300bq.jpg]
300bq.th.jpg
[/URL] http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/

Last night prince Frederik was in Stockholm and attended a bacholors party for one of his friends. They went to the hot club Plaza in central Stockholm.
Price Frederik wont be in Stockholm next weekend when the swedish king celebrates his 60th birthday
- Im sorry I cant be there, says Frederik.
Does the prince enjoy Stockholm?
- I´m always having a good time here and I have some very good friends here
Why is the prince in Stockholm this weekend and not the next one when the King celebrates his birthday?
- I dont want to talk about it just like that... I´m sorry I cant be here next weekend, but I dont want to talk about why. Thats...
Private?
- Exactly
The prince and his friend ate chicken, steak and french fries and drank red wine and a bottle of champagne.
At 11 the prince and his friends left the restaurant and went to the Plaza club. There the party went on until early morning.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=570491

photo taken by Christian Örnberg

Attachments

• b45a9b3a.jpg
    b45a9b3a.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
One more, aftonbladet
I wonder how the photographer got to take pictures inside...

I wonder how come he can't go since he said its a private issue.

May 18
HRH The Crown Prince is present at the opening of a new museum of the development of the diesel engine in Copenhagen at 06.30 p.m.

from polfoto

Attachments

• ch162390_guest.jpg
    ch162390_guest.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 176
  • ch162391_guest.jpg
    ch162391_guest.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 159
The Danish Crown Prince Frederik attended the opening of
"The International Federation on Ageing" (IFA) 8 th Global
Conference in Bellacenter Copenhagen

from imagine

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
30-05-2006 Crown Prince Frederik giving out grants from the Havard-legatet Benjamin Kramarz, Mehvish Ahmad and Kristian Krag Nielsen at Amalienborg Castle in Copenhagen.

from PPE

Attachments

• 06053080.jpg
    06053080.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom