Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 29 : Dec.2007 - June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Charlotte looks great but the shoes are ugly!

...and he is nothing much to look at, either. Apart from money what does she see in him?

She looks great - can't stand seeing her with Alex; there is just something seedy about the guy - he reminds me of some "hanger on" - someone like Philip Junot....the way he pursued Caroline (young, and naive, at the time). I just hope Charlotte, eventually, moves on.

I agree with you. This relationship is lasting more than i thought, i don´t know what Charlotte finds attractive in this guy, maybe his personality. I would like to know what he does, work, study?
She´s pretty well dressed this time.

...and he is nothing much to look at, either. Apart from money what does she see in him?

Maybe the Social Adults's world. Before witrh Felix they were like children, or young teens. With this guy she may feel more "power"... Felix was just a student from a good family, but still inactice himself. Alex has a gallery, he organizes social events, openings... he is more "something'.

I do not like him either, Ferlix was so touching

Um, his personality maybe? They probably just click in a way she's never had with any other guy.

They dont match together... she looks really good and he is soo much regular type...
i hope she and least happy with him:flowers:

I think that dress in lanvin; the style is practically the same. She looks so unlike Caroline now. Sometimes it looks like Stefano and Grace had a baby but with big lips and darker colouring. For much of her teenage years Charlotte was a Caroline clone, but no longer it seems. If she is happy with Alex that is all that matters. She is certainly leaving her student years behind now, and becoming quite the society lady.

Yuck...that guy makes my skin crawl! I want to take a shower every time I see a photo of him...RUN CHARLOTTE RUN before it's too late!!

He's not that unattractive. I like his style, plus, he seems fun and cool. It's not all about dating pretty boys... And their relationship is lasting long enough, so she probably sees a great deal in him.

I am afraid this guy is her Phillipe Junot. He had been dating celebrities´s offspring before Charlotte. Fame and publicity are important in his business. :ermm:

That's true, but maybe he dates famous girls because they are in his circle. I think he is really ugly too, but Char seams like a smart, mature girl, and more reserved than her mom at the same age. Maybe he is more than we see in pictures, and maybe a great guy. But I guess Caro was also smart, and she ended up with Junot.

Anyways, she looks pretty, and I'm VERY happy she's not wearing black, even though she's still cute when she does, but she needs color!!!
Even though she's still gorgeous, she lost that special thing she had when she was younger, she just looked better.
And it's amazing how much she looks like Stefano.

Even though she's still gorgeous, she lost that special thing she had when she was younger, she just looked better.
And it's amazing how much she looks like Stefano.

She lost her 'Caroline ness'. Caroline has that Italian sultry look going, which made her more 'exotic' looking. However her look is common in Italy. Charlotte is all Kelly and Casiraghi now, and lacks the dark Grimaldi look that her mother has. She's definitely a rarer beauty than Caroline, which I think inherantly makes it more enticing. Everyday she gets less and less like Caroline though. I wonder what she will look like in ten years. She was all Grace and Caroline as a child; All Caroline as a teenager and now she is all Stefano and Grace, i think.

I agree with eveyrone who said that Carlotte's dress is nice, but the shoes are awful. I don't thing Charlotte is dating alex because of his money. She is rich enough herself. Maybe this is "true love", who knows... Maybe HE is dating her because of her background

I agree with eveyrone who said that Carlotte's dress is nice, but the shoes are awful. I don't thing Charlotte is dating alex because of his money. She is rich enough herself. Maybe this is "true love", who knows... Maybe HE is dating her because of her background

I agree w/your last statement - While Alex has money (his family does), I believe that dating a Princess gets him more clout, socially - before her, who heard of the guy? Was he really invited to all the events he now attends?

In my parts there's an old adage that goes: " The more (money) they have, the more they want". ;)

However I guess he's dating her for her social standing, as I don't see him to be much into her. Anyway they're young and have plenty of time to change their minds.

I'm a little mystified as to why everyone appears to loathe Charlotte's boyfriend so much. I'm not aware he's behaved inappropriately since dating her, & both seem relaxed & happy in the relationship. Do we generally dislike someone because their looks aren't to our taste?:ROFLMAO:

alex is just a spoilt little rich boy.everyone talks about his gallery as if he paid the multimillion pound price tag out of his own hard earned cash when the fact is his grandfather jack bought it for him.

Last edited:
I just have a very instinctive and primal bad feeling about him...not only do I not find him attractive but reading about his history of collecting famous trophy girlfriends left a sour taste.

I admit that my attitude is irrational and unfair, and obviously also none of my business. I am just being honest.

I think some of us are jerks, but usually we are able to say we told you so. I try not to judge by looks, but he looks dirty. Its certain mannerisms in photos and mainly because he dated ___ Jagger, that girl was nuts. I think a lot of people don't see him as good because he always has a drink with him. Since they started dating it also seems like Ms. Casiraghi has been drinking like a fish and hanging out with the wrong crowd. I'm sorry, but anyone who is closely related to Stavros (who is gorgeous, I saw him a few years ago) is probably not a good choice.

I think the other thing is yes he has money so do many of us. But that doesn't mean we don't go to school, yearn for more things in life such as Law School or Med School. The Queen of England may not be loved, but she is very smart on one thing: Have a function in life and Get A Job!

Other than the fact that it is the fashion in THIS PARTICULAR ERA to diffuse jealous jibes about not "contributing to society" by doing something in the marketplace, WHY should it be better for these people to get "jobs"

If one finds something for which one feels a passion, sure, go ahead and work, by all means; if, however, you don't really need the money for survival and you aren't drawn to any one particular thing to the degree that you wish to pursue it as an occupation why should you?
Again, careerism has only become such an absolute requirement for social approval in the past...what...twenty-five years?

Not everyone has middle class needs or values nor should they be forced, at the risk of some society mob mentality and the pop opinion of the period to all follow the same paths.
Having something with which to occupy your mind and focus your desires is a fine thing, but that needn't be a "job" it could just be an enjoyable hobby.

And no, I don't subscribe to the insulting doctrine that everyone is going to tend toward vicious or negative habits unless their minds are taken up with performing some task for an outside entity; in fact people who DO subscribe to such a jaundiced view tell us a heck of a lot more about themselves and how they have been raised to view themselves and others than anything else.

I'm sure many of us have the inner resources to actually enjoy and use free time without resorting to crime or self destructive habits.
This is not to say that pursuing an outside career is bad, only that it is no more a one size fits all answer today as the idea that all women needed to marry and have children was the best idea 50 years ago.

As for Queen Elizabeth, this get a job stuff is every bit as much a 21st century sop to public opinion as was the virginity madness that Lady Diana was put through back in the '80s.
Let these women be themselves, and make your decisions from there. The lesson should have been learned.

For all that, Charlotte looks beautiful as always and I'm sure that given her background the things that attract her in a boyfriend are quite different from those that appeal to me (admittedly I'm 45). Still I'm really surprised that the realationship with Alex has lasted this long. I wonder if he would have made as much effort with another non-royal connected society girl.:whistling:

Other than the fact that it is the fashion in THIS PARTICULAR ERA to diffuse jealous jibes about not "contributing to society" by doing something in the marketplace, WHY should it be better for these people to get "jobs"

If one finds something for which one feels a passion, sure, go ahead and work, by all means; if, however, you don't really need the money for survival and you aren't drawn to any one particular thing to the degree that you wish to pursue it as an occupation why should you?
Again, careerism has only become such an absolute requirement for social approval in the past...what...twenty-five years?

Not everyone has middle class needs or values nor should they be forced, at the risk of some society mob mentality and the pop opinion of the period to all follow the same paths.
Having something with which to occupy your mind and focus your desires is a fine thing, but that needn't be a "job" it could just be an enjoyable hobby.

And no, I don't subscribe to the insulting doctrine that everyone is going to tend toward vicious or negative habits unless their minds are taken up with performing some task for an outside entity; in fact people who DO subscribe to such a jaundiced view tell us a heck of a lot more about themselves and how they have been raised to view themselves and others than anything else.

I'm sure many of us have the inner resources to actually enjoy and use free time without resorting to crime or self destructive habits.
This is not to say that pursuing an outside career is bad, only that it is no more a one size fits all answer today as the idea that all women needed to marry and have children was the best idea 50 years ago.

As for Queen Elizabeth, this get a job stuff is every bit as much a 21st century sop to public opinion as was the virginity madness that Lady Diana was put through back in the '80s.
Let these women be themselves, and make your decisions from there. The lesson should have been learned.

For all that, Charlotte looks beautiful as always and I'm sure that given her background the things that attract her in a boyfriend are quite different from those that appeal to me (admittedly I'm 45). Still I'm really surprised that the realationship with Alex has lasted this long. I wonder if he would have made as much effort with another non-royal connected society girl.:whistling:

Good post and I couldn't agree more with the part about the obsession(particularly here in America) with getting a job or at least trying to get a job. I have said all along that if I was independently wealthy I would not feel compelled to work. I would however, feel compelled to expand my knowledge, my experience, my sense of the planet I inhabit and the people who inhabit it with me. There is nothing middle class about that at all, in my opinion.

Work for the sake of working is very highly over-rated!

But back to Alex...my problem with the dude is not that he doesn't have a gig. He obviously does, even though he doesn't need it. I think I posted above...he just rubs me the wrong way and appears...shallow..not to mention ugly but I digress! Your last paragraph pretty much sums it up...he discarded trophy girlfriends hand over fist until he stumbled upon Charlotte, the really big prize...whom he seems determined to hang onto.

There, I said it! And having said that I realize it's not ME that young Mr Dellal has to impress anyways.

Last edited:
Your last paragraph pretty much sums it up...he discarded trophy girlfriends hand over fist until he stumbled upon Charlotte, the really big prize...whom he seems determined to hang onto.

There, I said it! And having said that I realize it's not ME that young Mr Dellal has to impress anyways.

Lets be honest; all of us, at some stage run through boyfriends/girlfriends. Charlotte is no great big prize for Alex: she is a nobody in London Society, and a member of that rather 'euro trash' mini royal family. I am not saying I, in any way, agree with those sentiments, but that's the way it is. Alex looks do nothing for me either, but he could be lovely; we don't really know. He doesn't have to work, but he obviously has an interest in art and runs the gallery. He isn't pictured falling out of clubs, he has never, to my knowledge, embarassed himself in public.

Lets be honest; all of us, at some stage run through boyfriends/girlfriends. Charlotte is no great big prize for Alex: she is a nobody in London Society, and a member of that rather 'euro trash' mini royal family. I am not saying I, in any way, agree with those sentiments, but that's the way it is. Alex looks do nothing for me either, but he could be lovely; we don't really know. He doesn't have to work, but he obviously has an interest in art and runs the gallery. He isn't pictured falling out of clubs, he has never, to my knowledge, embarassed himself in public.

I must say I agree with this comment. Alex may not be everyone's ideal boyfriend for Charlotte but I don't think he deserves the level of criticism he's getting based on any assumptions about his reasons for dating her & a dislike of his general demeanour. I'm sure Charlotte is having as much fun as he is, & if it all ends in tears, she will definitely pick herself up & move on!:)

all i know my "bad boy boyfriend" when i was in my 20's is just a secret little smile no one understands, i never considered marrying him, but he sure makes me appreciate the "real thing" i've got now. was it exciting, crazy, carefree (did i cry and think i was going to die when it ended)....yea -would i have wanted it for a lifetime...NO. she's young, in love and having fun, better to do it now than when she's hitting 50 and looks stupid having a mid life crisis. as long as she doesn't marry him and have to learn that lesson the hard way, i say "go girl". i'm sure caroline took to heart the lesson her mother learned the hard way, the more you dislike the guy, the more she draws closer, let loose the reins and let it take it's course. if he's a dawg, it'll come out, he's not my favorite, but charlotte looks very happy, that counts for something right now.

Supposedly Char is in Moscow. Does anyone have any pics?

I wasn't making this personal, but I don't have some "jaundiced view". I also don't subscribe to some negative jealousy because as I said above "many of us have money". Next time I will be more careful what I say.

I don't think you understand what I was trying to say and took it the wrong way. I'm not a great writer so I will try to come across as clearly as I can. I don't want someone to get a job "by doing something in the marketplace" that they hate to just have a job for the sake of one. I probably used job it in the wrong connotation. Everyone needs something to do besides picking your tush. I want someone to find something and be productive in some type of way. Nor do you have to be mother Teresa, but when you have that much money and esp if you're dating a princess its nice to do charitable events. I know he likes art from reading what everyone says, so maybe he could do something with art besides owning a gallery.

I think a great movie to watch is Born Rich, I may not like all the interviews, but there are some great points in it. Jamie Johnson makes some interesting points especially when he has a conversation with his father. The most memorable part is when he asks his father what he should do with himself and his father gives him a reply like why would you want to do anything. Jamie just looks puzzled.

I'll say maybe he has changed since he has been with her. Maybe Jagger was just a phase in his life.
Oh yeah I saw this the other day

http://www.revista-caras.com.ar/ed_1337/fotos/nota7_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom