Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 29 : Dec.2007 - June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in london :(
oh, but does anyone know where in paris she used to hang around. what cafes or bars?? just out of curiousity

It's not such a bad thing, she still seems to spend quite a bit of time in Paris and presumably still has her appartment (if she or her mother owned it), after all it's only 2 hours or so on the train between the two cities. I think the attraction, for her, is the fact that by writing, in English, in Britian, she is avoiding the fuss that goes along with who she is, and who her family are. I mean in France or Italy she would be unable to have such a career, and the Americans would probably grap hold of the Grace Kelly granddaughter angle. In London she is nothing more than a society daughter who has written a few articles, and believe me there are many of those around, so she can start her career, get necessary experience, and see how it goes. i think it' a rather shrewd move, whoevers idea it was.

As for where she hangs out in Paris, I don't know. There were many pictures of her taken in St Germain des Pres area, but it's a big enough area, and her school was there, so I don't know sorry. As for the bars/clubs she goes to, well probably more expensive and exclusive than your average Joe anyway. I do remember hearing she liked hanging around in the VIP area in some club off the C. Elysee but I can't for the life of me remember the name.

thanks, very informative. what u said about starting her career in london makes sense....still i'm not sure if she really plans on working in her later life...i guess we have to wait and see.
ohh, and I wonder if her bf lives with her there....what u guys think?
I miss seeing more pictures of her

thanks, very informative. what u said about starting her career in london makes sense....still i'm not sure if she really plans on working in her later life...i guess we have to wait and see.
ohh, and I wonder if her bf lives with her there....what u guys think?
I miss seeing more pictures of her

Well she can work, or she can live of the family money. I doubt she will be required to do much PR/charity work, as regards Monaco, and if she is planning to write in English, than London is probably the best place to go. Besides if she fancies a freelance journalistic career, well then that woulsd enable her to have plenty of time to do any 'royal' work in Monaco. I mean I presume she will want to work. She won't inherit her mothers position, and Albert may yet marry, and I don't see her (from the things her mother has said in interviews) being the type to happily squander any talent or potential she has. P. Caroline once said that Charlotte was reduced to tears when she went to ask a teacher about applying to University, and he replied: why on earth do you want to do that, your family has money. P. Caroline was/is apparently incredibly intelligent, and was/is somewhat resentful of the fact that her life took away, any option she had of a career. I am sure she has passed this down to her daughter. I actually see Charlotte as being the most disiciplined and determined of her children.

P. Caroline once said that Charlotte was reduced to tears when she went to ask a teacher about applying to University, and he replied: why on earth do you want to do that, your family has money
When/where did Princess Caroline say that?

When/where did Princess Caroline say that?

I actually don't know the orginal source for the interview, but it was an interview with her that was reported in Hello magazine, to celebrate her fifth birthday. I doubt Hello actually did the interview, but if you can find the edition, which was around the end of January 2007, then the interview was there. It made me feel a bit sad for Charlotte, but then Caroline also said that she can't stand her children moaning about their life as they had so much, and others have nothing. Actually it may have been an interview she gave to promote her children's charity work.

I actually don't know the orginal source for the interview, but it was an interview with her that was reported in Hello magazine, to celebrate her fifth birthday. I doubt Hello actually did the interview, but if you can find the edition, which was around the end of January 2007, then the interview was there. It made me feel a bit sad for Charlotte, but then Caroline also said that she can't stand her children moaning about their life as they had so much, and others have nothing. Actually it may have been an interview she gave to promote her children's charity work.

That's interesting : I read the almost exact same quote, in Paris-Match, when P. Caroline's children were still high school students. It was an interview given in the context of her work with AMADE. Apparently, one of Charlotte's teachers wondered why she would want to pursue higher studies, and I remember P. Caroline's using the word "méchant" (mean-spirited) or "stupid" to describe the statement. In that interview, she also said that whenever her children would want to watch television, she would admonish them to do something "creative" instead. She hated the passivity television breeds.

That's interesting : I read the almost exact same quote, in Paris-Match, when P. Caroline's children were still high school students. It was an interview given in the context of her work with AMADE. Apparently, one of Charlotte's teachers wondered why she would want to pursue higher studies, and I remember P. Caroline's using the word "méchant" (mean-spirited) or "stupid" to describe the statement. In that interview, she also said that whenever her children would want to watch television, she would admonish them to do something "creative" instead. She hated the passivity television breeds.

That may have been the orginal source, I will look for the magazine and see. I do remember her making several comments through the years about hating children watching TV.

yeah... it was from hellomagazine.. I red that interview, I think I have still that magazine

well actually it was the spanish edition of this magazine, ¡HOLA!. I have to search it 'cause I keep a lot of the magazines I buy hehe.. but yeah, in the interview, princess caroline said that the professor answer charlotte : why do you want to study? you don't have to work if you want, because your family have a lot of money, or something like that.
I'LL SEARCH IT!!!!!!

I remember the interview too, but it didn't mention that Charlotte was reduced to tears.

So I know that a lot of people did not like Charlotte's dress at the Rose Ball but she is #2 Best Dressed for the week on Vogue's 10 Best Dressed right now. Here is the link: Vogue's 10 Best Dressed of the Week edited by Alexandra Kotur on Style.com

*I'm not sure if this should go in this thread or in the Rose Ball thread so mods feel free to move it!*
Thanks for the link.

I don't know waht to think... maybe only that they are tastes and tastes...
I'm one of those who doesn't like Charlotte's terrible dress. One of the ugliest which I saw on her.

Last edited:
maybe im wrong but i think it went with theme well. I really like it as i think only she can pull it off but then some really did not like it :ermm:. i think she look great. :D

I remember the interview too, but it didn't mention that Charlotte was reduced to tears.

Well perhaps not; I can't remember, I was just recalling from memory, but the general implication was that she was upset by it.

this what i get from CARLOTA DE MÓNACO: AMOR Y TRABAJO EN LONDRES

The daughter of Princess Carolina makes his first practice as fellow fashion in the newspaper 'The Independent'

9 APRIL 2008
Charlotte Casiraghi Pomeline Marie Monaco (Charlotte for his family and friends), immensely beautiful and exotic, heir to the elegance and attitude of all its predecessors beautiful, waited for the arrival of the 21-met last August 3-to - photographing really loves Alex Dellal.

It is not Alex the first couple with whom it relates - including Hubertus Herring-Frankensdorf, Austrian nobleman related to the clan of German Schaumburg-Lippe, and Felix Winckler, son of a lawyer resident in Brussels, but the Charlotte is first to the world by allowing itself to mount view being a woman playing and giving and receiving mimes ... Dejándolo everything behind to improvise a new life in London. The city where he resides for more than half a year and try to make their way as fellow fashion and style in "The independent".

After a passionate live with Alex Dellal summer on the beach, the pool, in Paris, anywhere in the world ... And it has been pointed out, since its existence of more girl, as the first great love of his life, Charlotte, the young woman who resisted to live the same adolescence that his mother or aunt-Estefania made the decision to move to the hometown of her boyfriend. A Stealth movement that British journalists could not discover until last October. The date on which, after photograph accompanying his uncle, Prince Albert, during the opening ceremony of the Consulate General of Monaco, they found "installed" in his second home, the capital of the Thames ...

Making life with Alex, the son of Guy Dellal, multimillionaire businessman based in London, and Andrea, a former Brazilian model. A famous, and also wealthy art dealer who left for six months with the daughters of two rockers the Rolling Stones: Elizabeth Jagger, daughter of Mick Jagger, and Leah Wood, primogénita of Ronnie Wood.

The same Alex, which is said to the winds by Carlota drank long, but it was not until her sister Alice (Alix)-one of the brides-Pierre Casiraghi presented when the daughter Carolina fell trapped under their networks. Some networks under which desquitarse Carlota seems to want so much and so long for anonymity.

Charlotte and Alex at Raisa Gorbachev Foundation party in London on 7th of June:
Pic 1
Pic 2
She looks lovely in that dress:).
p.s. and looks like Alex had borrowed Andrea's shoes.

Last edited:
char dress is ok but her shoes are absolutely awful...

^ yeah :ROFLMAO:

The dress is stunning though. Her style has improved recently, I hope it stays that way :)

I like the dress, it's beautiful, very goddess-like; the shoes don't bother me that much, I think it's just the angle that makes them look orthopedic:lol:

She looks great - can't stand seeing her with Alex; there is just something seedy about the guy - he reminds me of some "hanger on" - someone like Philip Junot....the way he pursued Caroline (young, and naive, at the time). I just hope Charlotte, eventually, moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom