Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : April 2006 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://morgenpost.berlin1.de/content/2006/04/16/aus_aller_welt/823459.html

Greetings, all...welcome back...
I'm trying to recreate some of the posts that we lost in transferring the server around again today. Here is the article in German from last Sunday's Berlin Morning Post. I'll post the bad translastion from the online translator again shortly...and paraphrase Paca's comments. A few others had commented and I didn't want to lose momentum in this thread.

I had said that it boggled my mind that Charlene was getting quite a bit of attention from the German press. Paca responded that it was because she had a German ancestor who emigrated to SA; therefore the Germans see her as one of their own. The article essentially outlines what they believe are her good points that qualify her to be Pss of MC -- physically resembles Grace with her coloring, has always taken direction well from a coach, and she sees beyond Albert's uniform to the person although the author didn't offer any proof.

Bien...on y va...

Here's the translation:

Paris - a hand kiss and then still another one dear vacation. So far it has still no woman with Albert II. production by Monaco. Since the first pair photos with the olympic plays in turin in February are itself all magazines united: The blond South African swimmer Charlene Wittstock would be the ideal woman for Albert. The 28jaehrige, 1.76 meters largely, 62 Kilos heavily, is not attractive only, but also still pleasantly. With their the Monegasque prince could, with his 48 years still on the search for the ideal woman is, Monaco new gloss lend. Some days ago Michael Wittstock expressed itself, the potential father-in-law of Albert, for the first time publicly.
He sees parallels between his civil family and the blaubluetigen Grimaldis. "the Grimaldis draws its strength from the co-operation of their family. As we. Albert and Charlene are both family people ", the 60jaehrige in the pictorial said "multicolored ones". It did not want to confirm wedding rumors however: "that is private thing. The time will show, as the relationship with Albert develops. The most important is, that it becomes lucky."
Charlene has some truempfe in the hand. It is blond and sees far away similar Albert's Mutter Grace Kelly. Already in former times the prince confessed, that it like its 1982 died nut/mother look for a woman. Twice he flirted before with attractive Blondinen, with Model Claudia boat operator and actress Gwyneth Paltrow. And this time the appearance is not only correct. Like Charlene was Albert Topsportler. It participated four times as Bobschlittenfahrer in the olympic plays. It has certain advantages, that the chosen Leistungssportlerin is, recognized the "multicolored one": "is purposeful you, punctually, controlled in victory and defeat, future-oriented, fit."and still another important parallel saw the sheet between sport and yard life. Sportlerinnen must obey their coach. And that should a princess likewise, in order to protect the label. In addition, Charlene must see shy bachelors with the belly beginning in the more than only the fesche dress uniform. Admitted, it does not stand for it badly, even if he must find himself still somewhat. Finally it stood for many decades in the shade of its father. Perhaps Charlene does not only estimate the prince title, but also its human values. Its sister Stephanie leaves itself not in vain from her brother again and again troesten. With the death of its father one year ago it had to slip into a role, the not straight its dream was. But it looks for its own way, worries about environmental protection and social requests. The yard label is appropriate for it less. The monarch does not estimate it at all, if others before it bow themselves. Once it confessed: "my future is packing and interesting. In addition, very much frightening."the merry Charlene with the broad float shoulders could be thereby the correct support.
Already before six years the Bobfahrer and the swimmer are to have become acquainted with themselves. But the first pair photos with views fallen in love come from February in Italy. It put its head on its shoulders, it gave her a hand kiss, and they sauntered to arm in arm by the city. Thus Albert did not engage itself ever with a woman. From the prince palace there was however - like usually with privatangelegenheiten - no comment.
As the prince wants to protect its sisters its private life. In March it traveled with Charlene to its birthday on the Maldives. The French magazine "Paris match" reported Albert and Charlene under the title ", a Vorgeschmack on the Flitterwochen "with beach photos over the two. The photos hurt the right to the privatsphaere and to the own picture, Thierry Lacoste said, the lawyer of the prince family Grimaldi. Whereupon one sees the two among other things in the water, itself embracing and kissing. Lacoste announced, to demand in each case 50,000 euro payment of damages for the prince and Charlene.
Albert had openly explained briefly before, it did not give the conception up, to base and marry a family. In addition urge to leave it did not want itself however ever. Its father Rainier was most unfortunate over it, that its son did not find the suitable woman. Since the dear vacation on the Maldives it became however calm around the prince and its swimmer. Even to the rose ball in Monaco the prince solo came. Like that as expects Charlene was not, separate Charlotte, the daughter of Caroline, the center of the evening.
Beginning of this week is broken open Albert with dog sleds to an expedition to the north pole. Beginning of this week is broken open Albert with dog sleds to an expedition to the north pole. There the sporty prince and sieve other participants in the today's Ostersonntag wanted to arrive. The prince wants to direct the attention with the journey on the consequences of the climatic heating up at the north pole. Afterwards will be it shown, as it continues with Charlene.

w6p9gi.jpg

All eyes were on a radiant Charlene Wittstock when she rocked up at Sports Illustrated’s 20th birthday bash in Joburg (the magazine dropped the ‘‘SA’’ from its name at the same time). Everybody was dying to find out where her prince was but the former swimming golden girl was keeping mum about her blossoming romance with Prince Albert of Monaco. She says the past few months have been crazy because paparazzi in Europe have been making her life a nightmare.

http://www.you.co.za/Open_Home.aspx?iCategory_id=57

She says the past few months have been crazy because paparazzi in Europe have been making her life a nightmare.
Aww, guess who's to blame for that....
BTW, do you know the date for this party?

Bunte this week has a piece called: Albert, the blonde and the North pole (was only to be expected). After some speculation about miss/mrs. Bond, the last paragraph goes as follows:
And Charlene? To this question there was no answer from Monaco. Her trainer Graham Hill:"I expect that, on the day of the prince's return, she will be swimming in South Afrika. If she won't be, then I've lost her to Albert and she will be ending her career."

She won't be the first woman who will follow her heart into the wilderness. Though Annabelle may be the biggest danger there.
The translation is mine, sorry for any mistranslations.
So the question is, where was CW on that faithful day? And haven't we heard that quote about losing CW to Albert before?
G.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there is anything to report so Bunte is speculating; it sells magazines. As far as the comment from the coach, he's speculating too, and yes, that is probably a rehashed quote as well. Albert apparently has been going about his business at tennis matches, auto races, meetings, etc. Just have to wait and see what the next few weeks bring...Cannes Film Festival is the 1st week in May, isn't it?

there was an argument about the cover of French vogue May here is the cover. I am not sure if this falls in the CW events but i dont know, maybe mods will delete it

wcoin9.jpg

Last edited:
Is the safari still on? Or has things cooled between Prince Albert and Charlene?

http://www.festival-cannes.fr/index.php?langue=6002#festival2006

I got one non-answer and one auto reply and the rest were no reponses to my question regarding Ms. Wittstock's possible appearance on the cover of Fr. Vogue. I don't think there was an argument here, about that possibility, just a debate. It didn't make any sense to me at that the time - the idea of her being on the cover of Vogue, that is.

If they were going to have the girlfriend of the Prince of Monaco on their cover (or even in an article), they would be trumpeting it!

I too think its dead...for now.

Ann

Suonymona said:
If they were going to have the girlfriend of the Prince of Monaco on their cover (or even in an article), they would be trumpeting it!

I too think its dead...for now.

Ann

Perhaps it's just in hibernation...the safari thing is a mystery. Cannes Film Festival is coming soon (usually the first week in May) and I know PA usually attends. Deep breaths everyone...let's not get overly excited about this until the time comes.

Vogue doesn't really trumpet its articles...they've had some biggies over the years (I remember the issue with Clothilde Courau and her newborn daughter so well) and Vogue will sell regardless of who is featured b/c it's Vogue. That being said, unless there is a ring on her finger and an official announcement, I don't think they'd bother. Charlene is striking and has worked as a model but I don't think she's what Vogue would consider fashion forward.

I missed the statement where she became PA's "girlfriend". I had read there was a kind of unusual statement but did not actually see it myself. I think he's more interested in protecting his privacy from photogs and is in a better possition to win a lawsuit if she's his "girlfriend". Of course I could be wrong, it's happend before....

I never expected her on the cover of any vogue, pretty much sounded like gossip from the get go.

We'll just have to wait and see if she shows up in Cannes.

Oh, I did not read that whole last post and am not trying to split hairs and be offensive, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but Charlene is far from "striking". They could put anyone on the airbrushed cover of vogue and they would look good. Now she's not ugly, not at all, I have seen some nice pictures where she looks good but she just is not stiking.

leahteresa said:
Oh, I did not read that whole last post and am not trying to split hairs and be offensive, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but Charlene is far from "striking". They could put anyone on the airbrushed cover of vogue and they would look good. Now she's not ugly, not at all, I have seen some nice pictures where she looks good but she just is not stiking.

I'm a 5'3" brunette with the typical southern Italian hourglass figure. Any 6', blonde with no hips is stiking to me. ;) In certain photos she is pretty, but I agree, she's not breathtakingly beautiful like Grace was.

pinklady1991 said:
I'm a 5'3" brunette with the typical southern Italian hourglass figure. Any 6', blonde with no hips is stiking to me. ;) In certain photos she is pretty, but I agree, she's not breathtakingly beautiful like Grace was.

No one can be as beautiful as Grace was, it was as good as it gets:cool:
But Charlene has the statuesque-blonde thing going so maybe that's why people do the comparison, they long for another Grace, she was one of a kind and they have to understand that

pinklady1991 said:
Nothing wrong with that, I'm a 5'3" brunette with a typical southern united states hourglass figure......not to mention I'm 38 weeks pregnant with a very healthy baby boy......victoia's secret arrives in the mail, my eyes well up with tears, my bottom lip quivers....

Hey, no hips, no boobs, that's what I say.

CW just does nothing for me in any department. But, if PA loves her, he should marry her to hell with everybody else. I admire Prince Charles for standing by Camillla, God knows she stood by him. Plus, if he's going to be king, he needs to act like one and marry whomever he chooses, and he did.

Oh, this thread is calling CW his current "girlfriend". And I know they are suing Paris Match together but did the Palace release a statement discribing her as a girlfriend? Anyone?

Well, I don't know how actually true this can be, but I read on this weeks issue of Italian "DIVA" mag, that Albert and Charlene's wedding would be settled next Fall. According to that mag, all the Palace emplyoees' leaves, arranged for next October, have been cancelled.

Do you have a link to that site ?

Tosca said:
Well, I don't know how actually true this can be, but I read on this weeks issue of Italian "DIVA" mag, that Albert and Charlene's wedding would be settled next Fall. According to that mag, all the Palace emplyoees' leaves, arranged for next October, have been cancelled.

Sounds a bit out there....we'll just have to wait and see....or hope someone who works at the palace pops on our thread to announce their leave has been cancelled. If it's next october....that's a bit too far off I think....we'll see.

As far as scheduled annual leave for a large operation, October is not that far off. Every fall my office schedules annual leave for the entire next year.

maryellen1539 said:
As far as scheduled annual leave for a large operation, October is not that far off. Every fall my office schedules annual leave for the entire next year.

True...however, I would think the Palace would wait until the last possible moment to do anything that would even make an announcment seem imminent in order to keep things quiet and keep press hoopla and leaks to a minimum. Grace & Rainier only had a 3 1/2 month engagement (announced Jan 5, 1956, married April 19, 1956) in order to do this...and that didn't work. Also, no other media has picked up on this...and then there is "l'amie blonde"...I think it's something planted to boost circulation.

I agree. I just wanted to explain how scheduling annual works for a large operation. I scheduled my up coming leave in November, last October.

I did not realize that Grace & Rainier engagement was only 3 1/2 months. The wedding and her dress was so wonderful.

They were in contact for quite a bit before the official announcement. IIRC, they knew each other a year before they got married. A smart idea, to see how someone is during all four seasons.

Ann

Tosca said:
I read that, too. Although in another mag. They wrote there are 3 proofs:
  • For the first half of October there are booked several hundred rooms in Monaco's best hotels.
  • The staff isn't allowed to take vacations in October.
  • The company Ruggeri known for its fantastic fireworks plans at that time a "gigantic light spectacle".
So make of it what you will. :rolleyes:

maryellen1539 said:
Do you think Charlene was the tall blond in New York in November when he was there for the Princess Grace Foundation dinner?
That woman was ... *drumroll* ... a relative from the Kelly side. ;)

http://www.you.co.za/articledisplay.aspx?iContentRecord_id=5047&iCategory_id=40

Everytime I post an article I do something wrong. So here's the website, you need an account to read it.

But You magazine of South Africia has an article in the latest article entitled: Listen out for wedding bells by Stefen Blatt/Robert Crabtree/Bunte.

In it, her favorite designer Terrence Bray is traveling to Europe to ..."I have to make preparations for a wedding..." is all he prepared to say. Charlene has apprently booked an appointment with celebrity hairdresser Alexandre to discuss her hair for the wedding.

The article makes Charlene out to a good match for Albert and that their families are very similar.

Her father is quoted in saying that Albert has not been for a visit yet, but the rumors are that there will be "a royal wedding in Monaco in Europe’s autumn. "

Paca...they say at the begining of the article that the folks of Mnaco are speculating that wedding bells will be ringing before the end of the year because Albert has never looked happier and Charlene is beaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good or bad, if Charlene is Prince Albert's choice, there is nothing anyone can do. However, I am disappointed in his choice. The Grimaldi's, except for Prince Rainier, have always made bad choices for partners. Why would Prince Albert be the exception?! Hopefully, she will be able to bear the heir to the throne and everyone will live happily ever after.
miraglia1983

Charlene has apprently booked an appointment with celebrity hairdresser Alexandre to discuss her hair for the wedding.

Is this Alexandre the "ultrafamous" hairdresser that coiffed Jackie Kennedy and Elizabeth Taylor? because if so he should be around 120 years old :p and pardon my expression do you really want to put your head under the hands of a 120 yo hairdresser? not even with a comb, and forget about scissors.

I don't see how Albert and Charlenes's familys are "similiar". Unless they are talking about Charlenes's mother and Albert who are the same age. Familys that are close to each other can be something thats very common.

I sure wouldn't want a 120 year old, dead hairdressser touching my hair. That must be the latest style, "The Ghost Look".:D

I translated this from German, it tells a little more about Charlenes family.

Sporty successes: Swimmer

In her homeland the south African Charlene Lynette Wittstock is a successful and well-known achievement swimmer. The 28jaehrige in the back swimming could achieve their international successes. In the years 2001 and 2002 it got gold in each case with the swim Weltcup over 100 meters of backs. With the olympic plays in Sydney in the year 2000 the blond athlete with its crew gave medal: Place five in the 4-x-100-Meter-Lagenstaffel.

As merry and uncomplicatedly valid Charlene buildup together with its brothers and sisters Gareth (27) and Sean the (23) with their parents in Benoni, a good-civil suburb of Johannesburg. Their father manages a small company with son Sean, sells printers and copiers. In the meantime Charlene lives in an apartment in Durban at the Indian ocean, because she trains there.

http://morgenpost.berlin1.de/content/2006/04/16/aus_aller_welt/823458.html

Ms Griffin said:
I read that, too. Although in another mag. They wrote there are 3 proofs:
  • For the first half of October there are booked several hundred rooms in Monaco's best hotels.
  • The staff isn't allowed to take vacations in October.
  • The company Ruggeri known for its fantastic fireworks plans at that time a "gigantic light spectacle".
So make of it what you will. :rolleyes:

I forgot to add that the mag also mentions another two "coincidences" going on in Paris:

Charlene has often be seen having sessions at Alexandre's, the celebrities' hairdresser.

Charlene's favourite designer has flown from South Africa to Paris. He said he was going to make preparations for a wedding...

There have been many rumors involving this couple. I know of two thus far that were completely false. There was the rumor that Charlene was going to the Rose Ball. There was even details about her Chanel dress and Cartier jewelry. There was also the rumor that Albert was going to announce his engagement to Charlene in April. Do magazines just make this stuff up hoping to push a response from the Palace or perhaps to increase sales?

No one really knows whether the rumor about her taking French lessons, taking Catholic conversion classes, or going on a Safari in April (hey that will have to be soon) are true.

If Charlene is now living in Paris as the latest rumors seem to imply, then I will give more credence to these rumors. If she is living in Paris, I'm sure she is not paying for it herself and it is for a reason.

I still believe when (I really do believe he will mary) Albert decides to announce his engagement (to Charlene or whomever), the public will be surprised. Meaning, you probably will not have seen this woman on his arms at any of his public engagements. I do not think he wants the media frenzy that accompanied his public outing with Charlene at the Olympics. He will follow the example of Felipe and Phillipe in this instance, which I think was a smart move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom