Archduke Carl-Christian, Pss Marie Astrid (née Luxembourg) and Family, 2003- 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if these were posted before...anyway, it's princess Marie-Astrid's wedding.
Beautiful picture of Marie-Astrid

Attachments

• AP7536.jpg
    AP7536.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,968
  • AJ9A50.jpg
    AJ9A50.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,930
  • VE001055.jpg
    VE001055.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 518
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pics of Marie-Astrid and her family.;)

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00044969.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00044969.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 541
  • pre-SEEGER00044979.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00044979.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 546
  • pre-SEEGER00044978.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00044978.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 782
  • pre-SEEGER00044975.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00044975.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 625
  • pre-SEEGER00044968.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00044968.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 604
  • pre-SEEGER00044965.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00044965.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 530
  • pre-SEEGER00044963.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00044963.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 683
  • pre-SEEGER00015775.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00015775.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 431
  • pre-SEEGER00015774.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00015774.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 490
  • pre-SEEGER00015758.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00015758.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 533
Each nation was only allowed to have 5 guests maximum at the Pope's funeral, so it's unlikely MA and her family were among the 5 selected by Luxembourg's government.

pasiphaé said:
She looks so much in love with her husband:eek: !!!

They do appear to be a devoted couple. I hope for their sakes they are as loving in private as they appear to be in public.

Yes the whole family does seem rather close. They also seem rather close to their cousins, but they aren't photographed with them often.

Thanks for the pictures pasiphaé!:) They are from a photo shooting from 26.10.2000.

Here are the remaining pictures from that date:

Attachments

• Marie Christine 3 26.10.2000.jpg
    Marie Christine 3 26.10.2000.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 513
  • Marie Christine 5 26.10.2000.jpg
    Marie Christine 5 26.10.2000.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 747
  • Marie Christine 6 26.10.2000.jpg
    Marie Christine 6 26.10.2000.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 423
  • Marie Christine 8 26.10.2000.jpg
    Marie Christine 8 26.10.2000.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 583
  • Marie Christine 9 26.10.2000.jpg
    Marie Christine 9 26.10.2000.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 557
  • Marie Christine 10 26.10.2000.jpg
    Marie Christine 10 26.10.2000.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 528
Two recent pics of Princess Marie Astrid I found on seegerpress.com!:)

pre-SEEGER00150936.jpg

PS: Images hosted at photobucket!

How close are Princess Marie Astrid's children with the ducal children, their cousins?

Kelly said:
How close are Princess Marie Astrid's children with the ducal children, their cousins?

Looking from pictures, they are very close! Although, Marie-Astrid and her family live in Brussels, so we only see them together officially on holidays and birthdays.

suturegeisha said:
Looking from pictures, they are very close! Although, Marie-Astrid and her family live in Brussels, so we only see them together officially on holidays and birthdays.

They haven't gone on holiday together for a few years now, though.

suturegeisha said:

I thought they live in Switzerland???? :confused:

BMC said:
I thought they live in Switzerland???? :confused:

You know what, you're right. *smacks head on desk* It's Princess Margaretha and Prince Nikolaus who live in Belgium.
I'm sorry! I got the two sisters mixed up. :eek:

Doesn't the Marie and Maria go back to the great empress Maria Theresa whom named almost all her daughters Maria?

Kelly said:
Doesn't the Marie and Maria go back to the great empress Maria Theresa whom named almost all her daughters Maria?
Actually, the name Marie or Maria is in honor of the Blessed Virgin of Catholicism- Jesus' mother Mary. In French speaking Catholic countries children are generally given the name Marie, while in German speaking countries it's Maria. This is why you see all the boys running around with "Marie" as one of their middle names- to honor Mary.

Last edited:
Archduke Carl Christian and Archduchess Marie Astrid will come to Norway on Sunday 12.3 to attend the Holmenkollen International Ski Festival, they will watch the skijump together with the Norwegian King and Queen, Crown Prince couple and Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner

source http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_allAtOnce.asp?ogid=5&mgid=5&gid=15&aid=

They arrived in the same car as the Queen, Marie Astrid hugged Haakon and Mette-Marit before going to the tribune, they said on TV they were there as guests of the King.

Here are some pictures, not very good
Knudsens fotosenter
http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=85118_085D18043537.jpg

http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=85421_085D18043539.jpg

http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=85434_085D19043551.jpg
PPE
http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=060312463th.jpg

Marie Astrid is one of my favorite princesses! She's such a classy lady and really beautiful.

Well. even Marie-Astrid is not more as young as she used to be. Yes, she is over 50 years now, too. She has always been one of favourities.

Here a couple of pictures of her very young days. I don't know the photographer, but in the book, where the pics are from, it says that the pictures are taken of Photo Baron v. Falz-Fein, Quick-Tourist-Office and Dita Herein.

Marie-Astrid-pikkutyttn.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't know the photographer, but in the book, where the pics are from, it says that the pictures are taken of Photo Baron v. Falz-Fein, Quick-Tourist-Office and Dita Herein

Marie-Astrid-Henri-ja-kaksoset.jpg
[/IMG]

... and another one.
I don't know the photographer, but in the book, where the pics are from, it says that the pictures are taken of Photo Baron v. Falz-Fein, Quick-Tourist-Office and Dita Herein

I don't know why the pictures are so big. I have tried to make them smaller, but on this site they don't became smaller. The original picture on my computer is only a quarter of this pic here!

Marie-Astrid-Henri-Marguerite-Jean.jpg

Some pics from Silver Wedding celebration:

Source: seegerpress

pre-SEEGER00162869.jpg
pre-SEEGER00163068.jpg

pre-SEEGER00162819.jpg
pre-SEEGER00163069.jpg

1pre-SEEGER00163049.jpg
1pre-SEEGER00162868.jpg

1pre-SEEGER00162857.jpg

Wish I was 20 years younger- Archduke Imre is a very handsome young man!!;)
Indeed, all five of Marie-Astrid & Christian's children are good looking- the apples didn't fall far from the tree it seems.

He is! So is Christoph. Does anyone know why the younger boys (Sebastien and Alexander so far that I've seen) wear regular ties while the older ones wear bow ties? I think last year for GD Henri's 50th they all wore bow ties.

Many thanks for everyone who posted all the beautiful pictures. To me they are the most beautiful royal couple. And their children are so good looking as well. Princess Marie-Christine is so gorgeous, she looks just like a fairy-tale princess. You can see how much Princess MArie-Astrid and her husband genuinely love each other and their happiness beside their offspring through the photos.

Last edited:
Sometime next month they will celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary.
Wonder if they'll have a big party like Henri & Maria Teresa did?

Does anyone know what what archduke Imre is studying or has studied at university? I wonder what his career might be. Also do MA's children carry the titles of prince/princess of luxembourg bourbon and parma?

Really good looking family.:flowers:

Does anyone know what what archduke Imre is studying or has studied at university? I wonder what his career might be. Also do MA's children carry the titles of prince/princess of luxembourg bourbon and parma?
No. Titles are inherited via the father.
The father is HI&RH Carl Christian of Habsburg-Lorraine, Archduke and Prince Imperial of Austria, Princess Royal of Hungary and Bohemia.

So the children are:

HI&RH Marie Christine of Habsburg-Lorraine, Archduchess and Princess Imperial of Austria, Princess Royal of Hungary and Bohemia
HI&RH Imre of Habsburg-Lorraine, Archduke and Prince Imperial of Austria, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia
HI&RH Christoph of Habsburg-Lorraine, Archduke and Prince Imperial of Austria, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia
HI&RH Alexander of Habsburg-Lorraine, Archduke and Prince Imperial of Austria, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia
HI&RH Gabriella of Habsburg-Lorraine, Archduchess and Princess Imperial of Austria, Princess Royal of Hungary and Bohemia

He is! So is Christoph. Does anyone know why the younger boys (Sebastien and Alexander so far that I've seen) wear regular ties while the older ones wear bow ties? I think last year for GD Henri's 50th they all wore bow ties.
The younger members of the family did pose for the official pictures and only did attend a part of the program. (Bedtime, you know). The elder members of the family followed the whole program.

They all look great at the ceremony, Does anybody know who the couple is in the second picture, is the girl Archduchess Marie Christine?:flowers:

Archduke Karl-Ludwig, Christians Father, Died last tuesday in Brussels.
(see topic in Non Reigning Houses;Austria)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom