Princess Astrid, Archduke Lorenz and Family Picture Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What wonderful photos, Princess Astrid was striking, and Amadeo used to be one of the most handsome Princes.

An article about Astrid and Lorenz's engagement from this well-researched blog, with some nice pictures as well (I especially like the first one)
https://royalementblog.blogspot.com/2014/07/retour-sur-les-fiancailles-dastrid-et.html?m=1
An interesting insight from Astrid herself about how she first met her future husband and how their relationship developed
["Our families knew each other. The first time I saw him was at the reception for the 25th wedding anniversary of my godmother, the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg. I was sitting next to him. I was 15, he was 21 or 22. I said to myself: who does he think he is? We were still kids. A first cousin on my mum's side had taken a liking to us. He was convinced that we were made for each other… and he arranged for us to meet several times ”. The two young people therefore met for the first time, very exactly, on May 27, 1978 during a ball at the castle of Colmar-Berg]
I didn't know they had been dating for quite some time when they announced their engagement, and apparently already in 1981 Lorenz was invited by the Princes of Liège for a cruise on their yacht

An article about Astrid and Lorenz's engagement from this well-researched blog, with some nice pictures as well (I especially like the first one)
https://royalementblog.blogspot.com/2014/07/retour-sur-les-fiancailles-dastrid-et.html?m=1
An interesting insight from Astrid herself about how she first met her future husband and how their relationship developed
["Our families knew each other. The first time I saw him was at the reception for the 25th wedding anniversary of my godmother, the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg. I was sitting next to him. I was 15, he was 21 or 22. I said to myself: who does he think he is? We were still kids. A first cousin on my mum's side had taken a liking to us. He was convinced that we were made for each other… and he arranged for us to meet several times ”. The two young people therefore met for the first time, very exactly, on May 27, 1978 during a ball at the castle of Colmar-Berg]
I didn't know they had been dating for quite some time when they announced their engagement, and apparently already in 1981 Lorenz was invited by the Princes of Liège for a cruise on their yacht

There was really nobody else for Astrid then, it's a good thing Lorenz ended up being a great husband/father :flowers:
Truly meant to be.

There was really nobody else for Astrid then, it's a good thing Lorenz ended up being a great husband/father :flowers:
Truly meant to be.
Certainly. And also Astrid's cousin was quite a good "matchmaker", and was definitely right in his prediction :flowers:
On an unrelated note, in these pictures of a young Astrid I see a resemblance between her and her niece Louise, who still looks a lot like Claire, but recently I've noticed more of her father's side of the family in her. Especially in the picture posted yesterday with the Castro sisters, Louise really reminded me of young Astrid

Certainly. And also Astrid's cousin was quite a good "matchmaker", and was definitely right in his prediction :flowers:
On an unrelated note, in these pictures of a young Astrid I see a resemblance between her and her niece Louise, who still looks a lot like Claire, but recently I've noticed more of her father's side of the family in her. Especially in the picture posted yesterday with the Castro sisters, Louise really reminded me of young Astrid

It's the Coburg genes lol, very few of A&P grandkids avoided those, that's why when you see them together, the resemblance is pretty obvious.

Back
Top Bottom