Archduke Carl-Christian, Pss Marie Astrid (née Luxembourg) and Family 2, 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
195px-Imperial_Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Empire_of_Austria.svg.png
230px-Greater_coat_of_arms_of_the_grand-duke_of_Luxembourg_%28since_2000%29.svg.png

Arms of Austria and Luxembourg

Welcome to the thread Archduke Carl-Christian, Pss Marie Astrid (née Luxembourg) and Family, Part 2

Commencing January 1st, 2023

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
For the 100th anniversary of Grand Duke Jean's birth, the Grand-Ducal Court of Luxembourg mentions her under the name HIRH Archduchess Gabriella of Austria, though I don't know whether the Court asked Gabriella how she wished to be referred to, and it has made mistakes before.

The Court now uses HRH Princess for Gabriella's daughter Victoria de Bourbon Parme. Prior to her parents' marriage, it did not use a title when referring to Victoria.

https://monarchie.lu/fr/actualites/retrouvailles-familiales-au-chateau-de-berg

Now, she uses "Gabriella de Bourbon-Parme" on her Facebook account. From the link, I think she changed it from "Gabriella Habsburg Lothringen".
https://www.facebook.com/gabriella.habsburglothringen

Oooh, that's a whole tribe of little blonde archduchesses. Adorable!

Picture taken by Felix and Claire's friend Anne du Chastel (who also regularly takes pictures of the Nassau-princess and prince).

Thank you, friends!
I have the feeling they are done with children. I mean, Imre isn' t a millionaire and four children is a lot!

And I think they are staunch Roman Catholics and don't recognize artificial contraceptives.

And Kathleen is only 36.

Interesting that Imre who has some American ancestry through the de Ligne family and married an American.

Archduke Imre can be excellently photographed whether he is wearing eyeglasses or not. :photo::photo:

Just curious: It' s so silent
in the family. No news about Imre and Katie or other members of the family?

Just curious: It' s so silent
in the family. No news about Imre and Katie or other members of the family?
Well, they aren’t a reigning family. They live in Switzerland and I think Imre and Katie have chosen to be more quiet and private after all their outspoken views on abortion and all some years ago. Marie-Gabriella and Henri of Bourbon-Parma are busy with their children and life, most of Archduke Karl Christians children are private.

Contact Information

I'm curious if Marie-Astrid and Carl-Christian's family respond to fan letters. I know Kathleen and Imre have in the past, although things seem quiet lately. Does anyone know if the rest of the family also sends out letters and cards? I have seen reply cards from Christoph and Adelaide's wedding, as well as some old cards from the Limburg-Stirum family, but I'm not sure if they still reply. If anyone has any information, could you please share the address to use?

Thank you.

Imre and Kathleen Austria expect their fifth child in about two months according to a photo at Alexandra Luxembourgs wedding.
They already have four daughters.

Alexander seems to have a girlfriend, holding hands with her at Alexandra' s wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday, May 6th Yolande de Ligne , mother of Archduke Carl Christian celebrated her 100th birthday!
CONGRATULATIONS♡

Yesterday, May 6th Yolande de Ligne , mother of Archduke Carl Christian celebrated her 100th birthday!
CONGRATULATIONS♡

Her 100th? Wow, that is amazing! Congratulations to her, hope she had a lovely day ❤️

Yes, it's their last child who marries, Archduke Alexander of Austria (b. 26 September 1990); the happy bride is his longtime girlfriend, Natacha Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch; their are going to marry on 30 September in Montreux (Switzerland).

Yes, it's their last child who marries, Archduke Alexander of Austria (b. 26 September 1990); the happy bride is his longtime girlfriend, Natacha Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch; their are going to marry on 30 September in Montreux (Switzerland).
Where is she from? Is she Russian? Czech? Croatian?

What exactly nationality she is, I don't know.

Where was this information released?

There was a Count Nicolas RP born in 1906, which *could* be her great-grandfather. He was born in Russia and later a commander of the French Foreign Legion. He died in Paris.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Roumiantzoff

If you google the name mosts results will lead to Switzerland so perhaps that is where part of the family settled.

Montreux is a lovely town. I believe the Archduke's parents are living in nearby Geneva?

There was a Count Nicolas RP born in 1906, which *could* be her great-grandfather. He was born in Russia and later a commander of the French Foreign Legion. He died in Paris.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Roumiantzoff

If you google the name mosts results will lead to Switzerland so perhaps that is where part of the family settled.

Montreux is a lovely town. I believe the Archduke's parents are living in nearby Geneva?
I think she’s distantly related to Count Nicholas or to the family. Maybe she’s from an untitled branch of that family or she simply never used the title “countess”

I was not able to find the family in any genealogy database yet. The foundation of mr. Nicolas RP seems to be located in the Vaud area in Switzerland. I assume it must be controlled by his descendants. Or in the absence of them any other close relatives.

Back
Top Bottom