Archduke Carl-Christian, Pss Marie Astrid (née Luxembourg) and Family 2, 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think she’s distantly related to Count Nicholas or to the family. Maybe she’s from an untitled branch of that family or she simply never used the title “countess”

She is her granddaughter. However, the countly title of the family is doubtful.

Natacha herself is based in Geneva according to her LinkedIn-profile - she studied in France, the UK and the USA.

And it looks like her mother might be Dutch. In this article Natacha explains that her father spoke French to her, her mother Dutch and her parents spoke English among each other (which prompted her to learn their secret languages asap). So, by the age of 12 she spoke 3 languages; in high school (she went to an international school in Switzerland) she learned Italian and Spanish as well.

A picture of the future groom and bride on RoyalArjan/CoutureAndRoyals (Twitter).

Last edited:
A spiteful Swiss article about Natacha Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch has been deleted.

Natacha herself is based in Geneva according to her LinkedIn-profile - she studied in France, the UK and the USA.

And it looks like her mother might be Dutch. In this article Natacha explains that her father spoke French to her, her mother Dutch and her parents spoke English among each other (which prompted her to learn their secret languages asap). So, by the age of 12 she spoke 3 languages; in high school (she went to an international school in Switzerland) she learned Italian and Spanish as well.

A picture of the future groom and bride on RoyalArjan/CoutureAndRoyals (Twitter).

The mother can also be from Dutch-speaking Belgium, of course.

If you google there is a woman named Meeuwissen-RP living in Vaud. That is more a Dutch last name I believe.

If you google there is a woman named Meeuwissen-RP living in Vaud. That is more a Dutch last name I believe.

Meeuwissen is a very Limbourgian name, in both Dutch and Belgian Limbourg. I will see that profile.

Update: yes, the father is French, the mother is Dutch, Natascha is Swiss, Igor is Dutch and Ivana is Swiss:

See:

Personne(s) inscrite(s):

Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch, Nicolas, dit Roumiantzoff,
citoyen français,
à Chesières (Ollon),

Meeuwissen épouse Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch, Maria, dite Roumiantzoff,
citoyenne néerlandaise,
à Chesières (Ollon),

Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch, Natacha, dite Roumiantzoff,
à Chesières (Ollon),

Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch, Igor, dit Roumiantzoff,
citoyen néerlandais,
à Chesières (Ollon),

Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch, Ivana, dite Roumiantzoff,
à Chesières (Ollon).

Last edited:
The mother can also be from Dutch-speaking Belgium, of course.

True, which is why I wrote 'might' be Dutch. I was wondering whether she wouldn't have used 'Flemish' instead of 'Dutch' in that case - but internationally, Dutch is probably more easily understood.

Interesting. I wonder whether they might have double nationality of were naturalized - especially since Igor (is that her brother?) has the Dutch nationality. In the Netherlands (and Switzerland as well), nationality is passed down based in the bloodline, so if one of the children is Dutch I would assume the others are as well... However, Natacha and Ivana might have applied for Swiss citizenship at some point - because they cannot have been Swiss from birth as neither of their parents seem to hold Swiss nationality.

Swiss nationality can be obtained by birth (jus soli) but is not automatic (otherwise an US tourist giving birth in Geneva has "created" a Swiss). There needs to be an application. Maybe Natacha and Ivana were born in Switzerland and had the right to obtain citizenship. Igor could request either French or Dutch citizenship but maybe he was born in the Netherlands, has a Dutch mother, and was therefore registered in the Dutch municipality of birth?

Last edited:
Swiss nationality can be obtained by birth (jus soli) but is not automatic (otherwise an US tourist giving birth in Geneva has "created" a Swiss). There needs to be an application. Maybe Natacha and Ivana were born on Switzerland and have the right to obtain citizenship. Igor can request either French or Dutch citizenship but maybe he was born in the Netherlands, via a Dutch mother, and was therefore registered in the Dutch municipality of birth.

The information I found was about Switzerland using 'jus sanguinis'.

Interestingly, the canton of Vaud (where the bride lives) made it easier to obtain citizenship:

Canton of Vaud
The Canton of Vaud legislated in 2004 to allow for second-generation foreigners to acquire Swiss nationality more easily under the following conditions:

The applicant must meet the requirements set by federal law.
  • Aged between 14 and 25 years.
  • Has completed at least five years of compulsory education in Switzerland.
  • Has at least two years' residence in Vaud.
  • Has not lived abroad since the end of their compulsory education, with the exception of temporary stays abroad for purposes of education.
  • One of the applicant's parents must currently be lawfully resident in Switzerland or have been so in the past.
  • Integration and command of the French Language.
  • Lawful behaviour.
  • The applicant must not represent a danger for Swiss national security.

The 2004 law also facilitates the naturalisation of foreigners of the 3rd generation under the following conditions:[54]
  • The applicant must meet the requirements set by federal law.
  • At least two years' residence in Vaud.
  • The applicant must have not resided outside Switzerland since their birth, with the exception of temporary stays abroad for purposes of education.
  • Integration and command of the French Language.
  • The applicant must not represent a danger for Swiss national security.
Source

So, my guess would be that both Natacha and her sister decided to apply for Swiss citizenship. By birth she was automatically a Dutch citizen because of her mother. However, based on the Dutch law, she would have lost it upon applying to a different citizenship (the Swiss allow for dual nationality, the Dutch don't if you voluntarily apply).

Last edited:
Count Peter Alexandrovich Rumyantsev-Zadunaisky had three sons who did not leave legitimate offspring. The title is dead.

I found this article online claiming she faked her identity to get into those circles. But I don't know how reliable it is.

[Mods removed link]

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many articles on the web that talk about the fact that she used the title of Countess (which does not belong to her) only for commercial purposes, and that she deceived many people about her true identity, that she has a precise pattern, that she is an ambitious person, that she has convinced herself that she is an aristocrat when in fact she is not, and that she has also forged some documents about her identity.

[Mods removed link]

If this is the truth, she does not seem fit to be the future wife of an Archduke of Austria. :shock:

[Mods removed two more links]

The first article urges Archduchess Marie-Astrid to do something about it

There are many articles on the web that talk about the fact that she used the title of Countess (which does not belong to her) only for commercial purposes, and that she deceived many people about her true identity, that she has a precise pattern, that she is an ambitious person, that she has convinced herself that she is an aristocrat when in fact she is not, and that she has also forged some documents about her identity.

[Mods removed link]

If this is the truth, she does not seem fit to be the future wife of an Archduke of Austria. :shock:

The first article urges Archduchess Marie-Astrid to do something about it

Wow...didn't expect this drama!!! I wonder if pride will keep this engagement going, as no one likes to admit they are deceived.

So far no engagement photos/reaction from Alexander' s family.
Maybe they don' t approve and won' t attend the wedding.

Besides: Natacha was born in 1987. This one article mentioned here is from 2016, where there is information that she was 28 years old then. Her birthday is around November/December.

[Mods removed link]

The first article urges Archduchess Marie-Astrid to do something about it.

There has been AN only anonymous article which has been copied on several websites. That looks like a coordinated attack against a woman who may not be noble but whose whole family is using nobility titles. It is very mean to attack her only as if no one else in her family had ever had the idea he or her may have been noble. Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch has been her family legal name for at least three generations, so the use of this name is not based on any forged documents. It can be checked on her family birth, wedding and deaths certificates in France and Switzerland. Her whole family is using a countly title. This may be totally wrong, but the fault should not be put on Natacha only.

I do not know personally Natacha Roumiantzoff. I don't have any reason to have sympathy - or a lack of sympathy - to her. However, I don't like spiteful methods like this one and anonymous personal attacks.

There has been AN only anonymous article which has been copied on several websites. That looks like a coordinated attack against a woman who may not be noble but whose whole family is using nobility titles. It is very mean to attack her only as if no one else in her family had ever had the idea he or her may have been noble. Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch has been her family legal name for at least three generations, so the use of this name is not based on any forged documents. It can be checked on her family birth, wedding and deaths certificates in France and Switzerland. Her whole family is using a countly title. This may be totally wrong, but the fault should not be put on Natacha only.

I do not know personally Natacha Roumiantzoff. I don't have any reason to have sympathy - or a lack of sympathy - to her. However, I don't like spiteful methods like this one and anonymous personal attacks.

Amen to that! Strictly spoken she may not be a noble herself buy it is clear the Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch family is not "from the street".

There is an anonymous and defamatory article published on a Swiss blog about the fiancée of Archduke Alexander. The article has been translated in various languages and members are discussing its content above. The source is unknown. Nothing in the article can be verified. Whomever wrote it clearly aims at character assassination of Natacha Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch. It is vile.

The mod. team has decided to remove links to the article and translations as well as some quotes. We have left part of the discussion as members ably observed that many claims were false or unfair.

Further unsubstantiated and defamatory posts and links will be removed without notice.

Last edited:
This account @LarsonViolet00 appeared on Twitter a few days ago specifically to denigrate Natacha. I pointed out that the story was probably concocted by Natacha's grandfather. I had to block the account

The person appears to be very commited to the cause ;). One wonders if it is the same person who wrote the blog post as it seems almost personal and certainly obsessive.

-

Many sources in French that name her grandfather a count. There are few hits that pop up in the search machine without the mention of the title. For example the website of the museum of the order of the liberation in the Hotel des Invalides in Paris refers to him as a count.

https://www.ordredelaliberation.fr/fr/compagnons/nicolas-roumiantzoff

The link also mentions an impressive list of achievements and orders. So with or without an aristocratic title he certainly gained great distinction.

It seems he was born in what is now Ukraine. According to this source his father was a general in the cavalrie who died in Odessa. The website also says his mother died early on as well and he left Ukraine in 1917, as an orphan. He lived with his grandmother in Bretagne.

-

Apparently there was a book published about him:

https://lignesdedefense.blogs.ouest-france.fr/archive/2018/02/15/nicolas-roumiantzoff-19067.html

It is written his son, named Nicolas Pierre RP. and was published in 2018. The blog post also mentions that he was a count. I assume the author of the blog post must have based the use of the title on the content of book. It would be interesting to see if anything has been written about the family history in the book itself.

Amazon and a Swiss online bookshop both speak of 'general-count'

https://www.amazon.fr/Roum-Nicolas-ROUMIANTZOFF/dp/2749142938

https://www.payot.ch/Detail/le_roum..._de_gaulle-roumiantzoff_nicolas-9782749142937

There is a foundation located in Switzerland with the name 'Général-comte N. Roumiantzoff' that hands out an award of 2500 Swiss Francs to Francophone students who have the best dissertation in a current theme.

https://www.fundraiso.ch/sponsor/fo...la-legion-dhonneur-compagnon-de-la-liberation

Whatever the history of the family usage of the title is, it is clear that the fiancée certainly is not the one who invented this story as it goes back decades if not more. Although the story of the aristocratic background may be embellished it may be something that the family has told themselves over the years.

In addition we have not seen any evidence of the fiancée or even her parents using a title. The title ánd last name are only used in online sources for the grandfather.

Last edited:
The person appears to be very commited to the cause ;). One wonders if it is the same person who wrote the blog post as it seems almost personal and certainly obsessive.

-

Many sources in French that name her grandfather a count. There are few hits that pop up in the search machine without the mention of the title. For example the website of the museum of the order of the liberation in the Hotel des Invalides in Paris refers to him as a count.

https://www.ordredelaliberation.fr/fr/compagnons/nicolas-roumiantzoff

The link also mentions an impressive list of achievements and orders. So with or without an aristocratic title he certainly gained great distinction.

It seems he was born in what is now Ukraine. According to this source his father was a general in the cavalrie who died in Odessa. The website also says his mother died early on as well and he left Ukraine in 1917, as an orphan. He lived with his grandmother in Bretagne.

-

Apparently there was a book published about him:

https://lignesdedefense.blogs.ouest-france.fr/archive/2018/02/15/nicolas-roumiantzoff-19067.html

It is written his son, named Nicolas Pierre RP. and was published in 2018. The blog post also mentions that he was a count. I assume the author of the blog post must have based the use of the title on the content of book. It would be interesting to see if anything has been written about the family history in the book itself.

Amazon and a Swiss online bookshop both speak of 'general-count'

https://www.amazon.fr/Roum-Nicolas-ROUMIANTZOFF/dp/2749142938

https://www.payot.ch/Detail/le_roum..._de_gaulle-roumiantzoff_nicolas-9782749142937

There is a foundation located in Switzerland with the name 'Général-comte N. Roumiantzoff' that hands out an award of 2500 Swiss Francs to Francophone students who have the best dissertation in a current theme.

https://www.fundraiso.ch/sponsor/fo...la-legion-dhonneur-compagnon-de-la-liberation

Whatever the history of the family usage of the title is, it is clear that the fiancée certainly is not the one who invented this story as it goes back decades if not more. Although the story of the aristocratic background may be embellished it may be something that the family has told themselves over the years.

In addition we have not seen any evidence of the fiancée or even her parents using a title. The title ánd last name are only used in online sources for the grandfather.

according to the grandfather's memoirs, his father died during the 2nd Balkan war ....

According to a post I saw online that shared the invitation to the upcoming wedding, Archduke Alexander will marry in a religious ceremony on September 30, 2023 at Saint Pierre Belœil, Belgium. Ceremony starts at 4 PM local time. Reception to follow at Chateau de Belœil in the evening. The original location of the wedding was to take place in Montreux, Switzerland at the Fairmont.

The invitation showed that Natacha styled herself as “Comtesse Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch“ and her parents were introduced as “Comte Nicolas Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch et Comtesse Myranda Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch nee Meeuwissen.”

It has already been proven and confirmed that the Bride’s family history is heavily fabricated and titles non-existent.

Count Peter Alexandrovich Rumyantsev-Zadunaisky had three sons who did not leave legitimate offspring. The title is dead.

If the title was Russian, then it is dead whether the old counts left legitimate offspring or not. Titles of nobility were abolished by decree of the Bolshevik government in November 1917, and the post-Communist governments have chosen not to rehabilitate them. Even the heir to the headship of the former Russian imperial family has the simple legal name of "Georgi Mikhailovich Romanov" as seen on his Russian marriage certificate in 2021.

If the article were true (posters who have checked more reliable sources have pointed out it is not), she would be a perfect fit to be the future wife of a man who claims to be an Archduke of Austria, as that title is non-existent as well (Austria banned titles of nobility in 1919) and was invented by an ambitious man who forged documents to deceive people about his identity (Duke Rudolf IV of Austria forged a fake imperial grant in 1358, the so-called "privilegium majus", to pretend that the Holy Roman emperor had elevated him to Archduke and conceded various other privileges to him).

Very ambitious of her to time-travel to forge her parents' birth certificates. ;)

It has already been proven and confirmed that the Bride’s family history is heavily fabricated

Which parts of her family history were heavily fabricated and by whom, and what was the proof and confirmation? One of the links posted above indicates that her grandfather's claim to have had Grand Duchess Elena Vladimirovna attending his christening is implausible because the grand duchess was in Athens at the time, but other links posted above indicate that the story of his World War Two service and honors is accepted by a war history museum, which would seem like a fairly trustworthy source.

The invitation showed that Natacha styled herself as “Comtesse Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch“ and her parents were introduced as “Comte Nicolas Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch et Comtesse Myranda Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch nee Meeuwissen.”

Are you sure of that? In French-speaking countries, "Comtesse Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch" would denote the wife of the head (or female head) of the Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch family. A daughter would typically use "Comtesse Natacha Roumiantzeff-Pachkevitch". And her mother's legal name appears to be Maria (refer to the previous page), though I suppose Myranda could be a nickname.

According to a post I saw online that shared the invitation to the upcoming wedding, Archduke Alexander will marry in a religious ceremony on September 30, 2023 at Saint Pierre Belœil, Belgium. Ceremony starts at 4 PM local time. Reception to follow at Chateau de Belœil in the evening. The original location of the wedding was to take place in Montreux, Switzerland at the Fairmont.

It is nice that Alexander's wedding plans will recognize his Ligne heritage. After all, his father Christian was the son of Princess Yolande of Ligne and raised at the Ligne family castle in Belœil, and my guess is that is why he was made a Prince of the Belgian nobility, like his mother, in 1983.

Natacha Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch’s family history of being Russian nobles has been proven to be highly fabricated by Genealogists with expertises in Russian nobility. This has also been fact checked and written about by Marlene Koenig. I trust facts and evidence over someone else’s mouth as I’ve seen many people fake their family histories, I have learned to never taken anything with face value.

The blame should be put on the entire Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch family. However, no one is forcing or pointing a gun to Natacha’s head to be using these fake titles. They clearly told photographers that their names are COUNT/COUNTESS Nicolas, Maria/Myranda (wedding invitation said Myranda), Natacha, Igor, Ivana Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch when the photographer took their photos at this event. They could’ve just said Nicolas, Maria/Myranda, Natacha, Igor, Ivana Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch. I have no sympathy for Natacha nor her family for their actions being public knowledge.

I have seen Alexander and Natacha’s wedding invitations. NO ONE forced Natacha to style herself and her family as “Comte/Comtesse” Natacha, as the Bride as full authority to do whatever she wants, its her wedding. She chose to include those fake titles, so if there is any negative press, its her fault. There is absolutely no way she does not know about the articles that have been written, and I would be highly surprised if she did not see the genealogists fact checking her titles. Natacha when these articles were written, took down and made her LinkedIn in private, she privatized her event planner Instagram as well as her account for fascinators she made and sold. Her father is a lawyer and has had every opportunity from May to now to take those articles down if they were false. A cease and desist would do. I also doubt Alexander’s family and friends don’t know about “title gate.”

As for her education, I have read on a gossip blog (can’t remember where) that Natacha claimed to have gone to Le Rosey aka the most expensive school in the planet. When these articles were posted, she magically removed Le Rosey off her LinkedIn. I regrettably did not take any screenshots.

It seems the entire Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch family believes this lie that they are indeed nobles and I have no doubt they’re thrilled Natacha’s marrying into the Hapsbourg-Lorraine/Extended Luxembourg Royal family. I also have little doubt Alexander’s family as well as the LRF haven’t heard or read about these articles and are not happy about all the attention and lies coming out.

I have been meaning to reach out to these Museums if they took his word (Natacha’s grandfather’s and father’s) of the Roumiantzoff family history, which is what I assume, or if they did their due diligence and did their own research (I doubt) because these titles can be easily proven to be extinct after a 10 minute Google search. The Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch never had these titles to begin with. It’s a lie that has been going on for years and has now recently come to light.

I should also add that after these articles were posted, I am assuming someone from the Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch family began to edit Nicolas Roumiantzoff’s as well as the legitimate Roumiantzoff/Rumiantsev Counts Wikipedia pages in their favor. You can see said editing history on Wikipedia. It was quite embarrassing to witness in real time. No one outside of the Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch family would be dedicated enough to be changing these Wikipedia pages, the same time those articles were posted! Thankfully, when I last checked, someone set the record straight and added that these titles have been extinct etc. Surprisingly, whoever wrote those articles didn’t write anything on the Wikipedia pages mentioned above nor on Princess Astrid’s.

Everyone keeps saying these articles are fake, but how do we know there’s isn’t some truth or all of it is is in fact true? The Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch family have showed these titles are important to them, anyone with a few minutes to do some research can easily see through their lies, what makes anyone here think they haven’t told other lies? And lastly, those articles seemed personal. No one would know any of those information unless they personally know Alexander/Natacha, are part of that circle, knows people within that circle, or went to school with either of them and decided to be a “whistleblower.”

Just to play devils advocate for a second. We all did our own research or read Marlene’s post confirming these titles don’t exist, most people that have read it feel bad for Natacha and think it’s “character assassination” but I’ve always believed, if there’s smoke, there’s fire… To be honest, the only thing that can’t be proven if Natacha did have a plan to social climb into the Royal and Aristocrat world. Unless Natacha told anyone, its her word against everyone else’s.

And if you search Natacha’s name up or any of her family members, you can see they even used these fake title in official legal documents (for a scholarship/charity). Again NO ONE is forcing them to use Count and Countess titles, they voluntarily used them. This is why I have no sympathy for any of them, nor do I have sympathy for Alexander (he knows what he’s marrying into) except maybe for his parents. Natacha doesn’t seem to be too bothered, she has been seen happily smiling and posing for Point de Vue photographers and photographers who wait outside of the church etc.

I am curious though as to why they changed their wedding location and venue so close to the wedding. I heard the invitations were sent earlier this month, wedding is on September 30…

Sorry for the long post
/rant and for any grammatical errors :)

I should also add that after these articles were posted, I am assuming someone from the Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch family began to edit Nicolas Roumiantzoff’s as well as the legitimate Roumiantzoff/Rumiantsev Counts Wikipedia pages in their favor. You can see said editing history on Wikipedia. It was quite embarrassing to witness in real time. No one outside of the Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch family would be dedicated enough to be changing these Wikipedia pages, the same time those articles were posted! Thankfully, when I last checked, someone set the record straight and added that these titles have been extinct etc. Surprisingly, whoever wrote those articles didn’t write anything on the Wikipedia pages mentioned above nor on Princess Astrid’s.

I would say it is not embarrassing but a necessity for any person in the public eye to edit their Wikipedia pages if possible. Even on discussion forums such as this, we have seen time and again how misinformation without any basis in reality is commonly believed just because it appears on Wikipedia, even after being discredited by reliable sources.

Of course, edits ought to correct misinformation and not add to it, whether the editor is a family member or not. But I would hope the "someone [who] set the record straight and added that these titles have been extinct etc" is also making the same clarifications on the articles of Alexander and others using extinct titles, rather than singling out Natacha for personal reasons.

Natacha Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch’s family history of being Russian nobles has been proven to be highly fabricated by Genealogists with expertises in Russian nobility. This has also been fact checked and written about by Marlene Koenig. I trust facts and evidence over someone else’s mouth as I’ve seen many people fake their family histories, I have learned to never taken anything with face value.

[...]

I have been meaning to reach out to these Museums if they took his word (Natacha’s grandfather’s and father’s) of the Roumiantzoff family history, which is what I assume, or if they did their due diligence and did their own research (I doubt) because these titles can be easily proven to be extinct after a 10 minute Google search. The Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch never had these titles to begin with. It’s a lie that has been going on for years and has now recently come to light.

The Marlene Koenig article which was posted upthread did not cover fact-checking of Russian genealogies in any detail. But since I am not sufficiently interested in the fiancée's ancestry to look into it myself, I will take your word that you have read articles by people who did conduct research into her ancestry and concluded that at least one of her ancestors fabricated his alleged nobility. (And I fully agree: Facts and evidence should be trusted over unsupported statements.) My point, though, was that her ancestor lying about being nobility does not mean that the whole family invented their entire family history. For example, is there any evidence that her grandfather's record of fighting in World War Two is a lie, or that her mother being Dutch is a lie?

(I will need to split my reply due to the post length limits.)

The blame should be put on the entire Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch family. However, no one is forcing or pointing a gun to Natacha’s head to be using these fake titles. They clearly told photographers that their names are COUNT/COUNTESS Nicolas, Maria/Myranda (wedding invitation said Myranda), Natacha, Igor, Ivana Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch when the photographer took their photos at this event. They could’ve just said Nicolas, Maria/Myranda, Natacha, Igor, Ivana Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch. I have no sympathy for Natacha nor her family for their actions being public knowledge.

I have seen Alexander and Natacha’s wedding invitations. NO ONE forced Natacha to style herself and her family as “Comte/Comtesse” Natacha, as the Bride as full authority to do whatever she wants, its her wedding. She chose to include those fake titles, so if there is any negative press, its her fault. There is absolutely no way she does not know about the articles that have been written, and I would be highly surprised if she did not see the genealogists fact checking her titles. Natacha when these articles were written, took down and made her LinkedIn in private, she privatized her event planner Instagram as well as her account for fascinators she made and sold. Her father is a lawyer and has had every opportunity from May to now to take those articles down if they were false. A cease and desist would do. I also doubt Alexander’s family and friends don’t know about “title gate.”

Nothing that you have said here is incorrect (but I do not agree with the "negative press" comment, as I will explain later), but neither is it unique to the Roumiantzoff family. It is applicable to numerous other families, including that of Natacha's own future husband Alexander – but the writer of the earlier-linked article (the links deleted by moderators) showed no interest in criticizing him. To use the points you cited:

"However, no one is forcing or pointing a gun to Natacha’s head to be using these fake titles": No one is forcing or pointing a gun to Alexander's head to be using the fake archducal title instead of his real title of nobility.

"They clearly told photographers that their names are COUNT/COUNTESS Nicolas, Maria/Myranda (wedding invitation said Myranda), Natacha, Igor, Ivana Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch when the photographer took their photos at this event. They could’ve just said Nicolas, Maria/Myranda, Natacha, Igor, Ivana Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch.": They clearly tell photographers that their names are Archduke/Archduchess Alexander, Marie-Astrid, etc. when they could have just said Prince Alexander, Princess Marie-Astrid, etc.

"There is absolutely no way she does not know about the articles that have been written": There is absolutely no way they do not know that Austria abolished its monarchy in 1918 and then promulgated a law stripping all titles and privileges of nobility from every Austrian citizen in 1919. Many Habsburgs are lawyers and have had every opportunity to challenge these acts if they were invalid. (And they might also know that Duke Rudolf of Austria forged the "privilegium majus" that supposedly conferred the Archduke title on him in 1358.)

(Will respond to your other points in due course.)

Posts about the wedding of Archduke Alexander and Natacha Roumiantzoff-Pachkevitch have been moved here.

Back
Top Bottom