Archduke Carl-Christian, Pss Marie Astrid (née Luxembourg) and Family 2, 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say it is not embarrassing but a necessity for any person in the public eye to edit their Wikipedia pages if possible. Even on discussion forums such as this, we have seen time and again how misinformation without any basis in reality is commonly believed just because it appears on Wikipedia, even after being discredited by reliable sources.

Of course, edits ought to correct misinformation and not add to it, whether the editor is a family member or not. But I would hope the "someone [who] set the record straight and added that these titles have been extinct etc" is also making the same clarifications on the articles of Alexander and others using extinct titles, rather than singling out Natacha for personal reasons.

The Marlene Koenig article which was posted upthread did not cover fact-checking of Russian genealogies in any detail. But since I am not sufficiently interested in the fiancée's ancestry to look into it myself, I will take your word that you have read articles by people who did conduct research into her ancestry and concluded that at least one of her ancestors fabricated his alleged nobility. (And I fully agree: Facts and evidence should be trusted over unsupported statements.) My point, though, was that her ancestor lying about being nobility does not mean that the whole family invented their entire family history. For example, is there any evidence that her grandfather's record of fighting in World War Two is a lie, or that her mother being Dutch is a lie?

(I will need to split my reply due to the post length limits.)

Genealogists specializing in Russian History talked to Marlene and did their own research after titlegate™️ and confirmed Roumiantzoff title went extinct after the last Count did not have legitimate male heirs. Same goes for the other last name.

Does anybody know what happened with the eye of Christoph' s and Adelaide' s elder daughter Katarina?

Archduke Maximilien and Archiduchess Natacha were in Vienna to day .

It seems that Carl-Christian and Marie-Astrid had another grandchild this year, besides Archduke Karl and Christoph and Adelaide's 4th child: Henri and Gabriella had a third child, a son, probably around 7/8 months ago, according to a picture posted by Prince Henri on his Instagram account (which is private).
See also here:
Descendants of King Christian IX of Denmark

If a Benelux/Germanic royal/noble baby doesn't have "d'Aviano" in his name, is he really a Benelux/Germanic royal/noble baby?

I don't think so :D

Karl Maria is one of my favourite combinations.

If a Benelux/Germanic royal/noble baby doesn't have "d'Aviano" in his name, is he really a Benelux/Germanic royal/noble baby?

I don't think so :D

Karl Maria is one of my favourite combinations.
No Dutch royal has 'd'Aviano' in his name. It is mostly a tradition among the Habsburgers to include 'Marc/Marco/Marcus d'Aviano'; they are all named after Marco d'Aviano. See wikipedia for more information about this friar.

In that way it also slipped into Astrid's family (as her husband is a Habsburger) - but not any other Belgian royals. Not sure why it was also adopted for grand duke Jean and some of his descendants.

No Dutch royal has 'd'Aviano' in his name. It is mostly a tradition among the Habsburgers to include 'Marc/Marco/Marcus d'Aviano'; they are all named after Marco d'Aviano. See wikipedia for more information about this friar.

In that way it also slipped into Astrid's family (as her husband is a Habsburger) - but not any other Belgian royals. Not sure why it was also adopted for grand duke Jean and some of his descendants.
Jean's father Felix was the Empress Zita's brother which might explain why his parents followed the Habsburg custom when choosing a name for him.

Jean's father Felix was the Empress Zita's brother which might explain why his parents followed the Habsburg custom when choosing a name for him.

Jean's aunt marrying into the Habsburg family doesn't seem in itself a good reason to take on their naming customs; unless Jean's godfather was a Habsburger with this naming convention imho. After all, his second name is after his godfather pope Benedict XV.

Last edited:
Saw in Alexander's LinkedIn that he is now working for the UAE consulate in Geneva. I know it's common for foreigners to work at Embassies/Consulates not of their birth country (As an American, I interned at the French consulate in my city while in uni). Just thought it was interesting.

Back
Top Bottom