Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 2: August 2005-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding her wardrobe and appearance, I agree with the post stating that Pss Anne dresses for the occasion. I've seen photographs of her in formal attaire where she looked lovely. She appears to me to be a no-nonsense kind of person who is probably much more at home in jeans and mud boots. Her strong affiliation with horse events allows for that. Having been born a royal (rather than having married into it) she strikes me as a realist who understands that being a princess isn't all about what you wear and how you look. I have the utmost respect for her. I think alot of people do.

Princess Anne in the 29th Antarctic Treaty Consultative Meeting

from facetoface

Attachments

• 00969674.jpg
    00969674.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 00969675.jpg
    00969675.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 00969676.jpg
    00969676.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 00969677.jpg
    00969677.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 00969678.jpg
    00969678.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 00969679.jpg
    00969679.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 145
  • 00969680.jpg
    00969680.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 00969681.jpg
    00969681.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 00969682.jpg
    00969682.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 143
Is Tim with the Princess Royal? Are they basically leading separate lives?

Well..I dont like Princess Anne´s hat..it looks weird and old-fashioned...its just my opinion :p

Adry said:
Well..I dont like Princess Anne´s hat..it looks weird and old-fashioned...its just my opinion :p

The hat is not that bad. She basically has no fashion sense, but I don't think she really cares. She is a no nonsense person, but genuine. What you see is what you get. She is not a phony as some in the family. She works hard and does not whine. I used to have a different opinion of her, but I have come to admire her. She doesn't worry what she has on, because her job is more important that her picture.

Of course she´s a hard worker inside the Royal House..nobody can deny the quality of her duties and maybe her way of acting..but definitely her clothing sometimes is out of this world:p

fanletizia said:
Princess Anne reviews troops during a ceremony commemorating the 90th anniversary of the WW1 Battle of the Somme at Beaumont Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, near Albert July 1, 2006

from yahoo/reuters and getty

as a Canadian, it's nice to see these pics. thanks.:)

redfox6 said:
I, too, used to be critical of her fashion sense, but on second thought, she is not a very attractive woman, but she lives her life quietly and well. She works very hard and has raised too lovely children. We all can't be beautiful. She could have had plastic surgery and all the help in the world, but she does not seem to be vain and has a good head on her shoulders. She should be praised for all her good efforts.

I think once one settles into marriage she needed less of an effort to keep him. So I think she's settled into who she is and doesn't want to pretend to be someone else. Which is cool. On the other hand her husband is rather attractive I would put forth a LITTLE more effort. But they've been married this long no need to pull out the curlers and makeup now LOL

xx hrh xx

Well she had a really nice outfit at Ascot so maybe she's changing her style?

Actually I like this last hat.

Wednesday July 19 2006
HRH The Princess Royal hosts a Garden Party for the Never Forgotten Association at Buckingham Palace.

photos from EMP

Attachments

• 3807196.jpg
    3807196.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 3807197.jpg
    3807197.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 3807255.jpg
    3807255.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 3807266.jpg
    3807266.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 3807268.jpg
    3807268.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 3807270.jpg
    3807270.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 180
"She embodies hard-work, commitment and lifelong achievement, skills we are teaching our young people in Wells," said county councillor John Osman."

Well said Councillor Osman.

Princess Anne to open stadium

SWANSEA's £27m Liberty Stadium will receive the royal seal of approval next month when it will be officially opened by Princess Anne.
The Princess Royal will visit the 20,200 seater venue, home to the Ospreys regional rugby team and Swansea City FC, on Friday, October 20.​

Princess Anne talks to the media during the BGC Charity Day 2006, at 1 Churchill Place in Canary Wharf on September 11, 2006 in London, England.

BGC is a leading inter-dealer brokerage firm that spun-off from Cantor Fitzgerald in 2004. The company has been fundraising every year since the terror attacks on 9/11.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i152/Tais419/71849016.jpg

Photos by Christopher Hunt/Getty Images

FYI, Cantor Fitgerald was the British firm located in World Trade Center Two that lost so many lives during 9/11.

Royal tribute to victims' helpers

HRH the Princess Royal has paid tribute to the volunteers who help victims of crime in Northern Ireland.
Princess Anne, on a one-day visit to the province, was guest of honour at a celebration in Hillsborough marking the 25 years of Victim Support.

I don't think Annne settling into marriage has anything to do with how she dresses. She has through both her marriages looked the same rarely wearing new clothes. She simply doesn't care about fashion and never has .

Princess Anne greets children as she visits as honorary colonel the British school of Support Command and the Allied Command Europe (ACE) Rapid Reaction Corps, both based in Moenchengladbach, western Germany, 19 September 2006

from profimedia

Princess Anne presents award

Wakefield is preparing for its second royal visit in four months, when Her Royal Highness Princess Anne arrives in the city to present an innovation award to Sirdar's Tilsatec division.
The Princess Royal will present the Queen’s Award for Innovation to bosses and staff at the yarn factory on Flanshaw Lane, Flanshaw, next Wednesday.

BeatrixFan said:
"She embodies hard-work, commitment and lifelong achievement, skills we are teaching our young people in Wells," said county councillor John Osman."

Well said Councillor Osman.
How true this is of Princess Anne. She is a stellar example and deserves all the respect and kudos she gets.

Bella said:
How true this is of Princess Anne. She is a stellar example and deserves all the respect and kudos she gets.

Yes, but sadly I don't think she always gets the credit she deserves :sad:. Again it's what people read about a person that influences their opinions.
People may read that Anne is 'rude' or something else, (which I don't think is true), or they only care about the way she dresses, and they fail to see how much work she does!
Anyway, she is one of my 'top' Princesses :flowers:

Princess Anne to open hospice

The Princess Royal will be making a welcome return to Dorothy House next month to officially open the hospice's £2.4m extension.
She will visit on November 9 and will spend an hour-and-a-half touring the hospice, meeting patients and unveiling a plaque.

Princess Anne Set to Host Annual Charity Awards

Everybody can lend a helping hand. Britain's Princess Anne will pay tribute to countless people who have contributed to her charity when she hosts the Save the Children Awards in London on Wednesday night.

Princess opens Swansea's stadium

The Princess Royal met Swansea's leading sports stars as she officially opened the city's Liberty Stadium. She unveiled a plaque ahead of Friday's first Heineken Cup match of the season between the Ospreys regional rugby team and Sale Sharks.

_42222758_princessliberty1_203.jpg

source - bbc.co.uk

The Princess Royal was guest of honour at an event to thank donors to the £10 million fundraising campaign for the Evelina Children's Hospital

More than 100 guests met HRH Princess Royal who is patron of the Evelina Children's Hospital Appeal.
"We were delighted to once again welcome HRH The Princess Royal to the Evelina Children's Hospital," says Sir Jonathan Michael, chief executive of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.

Picture: The Princess greets Dr Michael Joseph, founder of the Evelina appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom