The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 30: July 2021 - March 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cambridge visited the Imperial War Museum (IWM) London today, November 10:

** gallery **

Did she expect a reenactment?

Trousers and Coat are fine, but the blouse.... :eek:

This could have been a stunning look if she had chosen a beautiful contrasting blouse instead of this decorative, military like concoction.

The blouse looks better once she removed the jacket.
But she has much nicer tops.

The blouse looks better once she removed the jacket.
But she has much nicer tops.

Agreed. I think the top has had its time and probably needs to be retired.

The Duchess of Cambridge during a film to mark Remembrance and to commemorate 100 years of Poppy Legion, wearing a Holland Cooper coat:

** Pic **

Is the white/vicars collar part of the coat as the only aspect I'm not keen on today.

Good that she reused her old military style coat rather than got an new one again like last few years.

I like her hat, that coat is smart and the military elements are subtle unlike the others she had (I dislike the white collar though), but these two just don't go well with each other, the styles are so different and from two different end of the spectrum.

I think the outfit looks better with this hat. I don’t mind the white collar. She looks very elegant and immaculately turned out as we have come to expect.

I love the hat though I do love a wide brim she does look elegant Elly C you are right

I had very mixed views of this coat (seems too much of a caricature of a military uniform to me), but I am glad she has reused her clothes and not acquired something new to wear to Remembrance Sunday.

The Duchess of Cambridge looks lovely though I am getting a bit tired of how predictable her military style coats are becoming for Remembrance Day.

I had very mixed views of this coat (seems too much of a caricature of a military uniform to me), but I am glad she has reused her clothes and not acquired something new to wear to Remembrance Sunday.

I think it was a great idea to wear something she's worn before.
Not sure about the coat (don't like the red epaulettes) but love the hat.

I think it was a great idea to wear something she's worn before.
Not sure about the coat (don't like the red epaulettes) but love the hat.

I agree, the hat looks great.

I had hoped the DOC would repeat the beautiful black ensemble she wore to Prince Philip’s funeral. It would have been appropriate and a loving tribute.

Although she did bring back an exquisite McQueen, so there’s that!

Last edited:
I had hoped the DOC would repeat the beautiful black ensemble she wore to Prince Philip’s funeral. It would have been appropriate and a loving tribute.

Although she did bring back an exquisite McQueen, so there’s that!

Unlikely, IMO. The coat worn to Philip's funeral was probably in light weight wool, whereas Rememberance Day usually requires a full winter coat.

I think without the lapels and another collar this could make for a nice new version of this coat. The fit is fantastic.

The Duchess of Cambridge during a film to mark Remembrance and to commemorate 100 years of Poppy Legion, wearing a Holland Cooper coat:

** Pic **

I dislike the blouse but the coat looks beautiful.

I don't like the outfit.

Catherine has a plethora of black coats but this one looks like the Nanny's uniform. I know she used to have a passion for coatdresses but this one is just dreary.

The hat is a beautiful style and one Catherine can easily carry off, but it wasn't enough to lift the ensemble to her usual Remembrance Day standard.

Casual but really lovely and works very well.

I like it. Classy, simple and very good colors on her.

A gorgeous casual look.
Kate usually gets it right.

I was just thinking how it’s now quite common for the Duchess to wear trousers for engagements A sensible choice and a very welcome development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom