Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 14: July 2019 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice initiative but why where a (men-type) shirt instead of a (women-type) blouse? Probably that's the current fashion in Spain as we've seen Leonor with male shoes as well... but not my cup of tea.
I think they look very "real" in these photos, like they haven't been staged. Admittedly they are both wearing the same colours but the shirt and blouse are at least a sign that they have independent styles and are not the usual matching bookends they tend to be dressed as.

Both Amalia's yellow dress and Alexia's shirt dress are super cool. It's exciting to see the personal style this whole generation of teen princesses will develop.

I am really in predicament of why anyone would want to purchase that headband.

All three of the Dutch princesses look wonderful. It's nice to see them developing their own style.

Both Amalia's yellow dress and Alexia's shirt dress are super cool. It's exciting to see the personal style this whole generation of teen princesses will develop.

I agree. Their dresses work really well. It's clearly their personal style and they work with their body type. I am sure Ariane will develop her own style as well - right now she seems to be in that awkward in-between phase of no longer being a child and growing into being a teenager.

It's clear that these outfits were picked by the AAA's themselves and it's really nice to see them wearing some of their own choices now they're developing their own sense of style. When dressed by their parents they were getting a bit too matchy-matchy for their age (matching clothes are cute but just look odd once the children in question are over the age of 5, IMO) so it's refreshing to see their own ideas!

It's clear that these outfits were picked by the AAA's themselves and it's really nice to see them wearing some of their own choices now they're developing their own sense of style. When dressed by their parents they were getting a bit too matchy-matchy for their age (matching clothes are cute but just look odd once the children in question are over the age of 5, IMO) so it's refreshing to see their own ideas!
Ariane is wearing Amalia's old dress - but I guess she likes it. I don't think it is really working for her but that's ok.

Such an adorable dress for a wonderfully cute little girl !

Charlotte’s dress is adorable.

I love the dress. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of the oversize cape like collar/shoulders of the dress. It seems like old fashioned dress on steroids. The rest is lovely.

That is an lovely dress for a little girl.

Charlotte's outfit looks so adorable! If only more outfits like that were available on the market for children (where I come from, it's not so popular).

Posts that did not discuss any fashion choices have been removed as off-topic. Thank you for your understanding!

They do have a cool, fun yet appropriate sense of style but I especially like their shoe game. Those espadrilles are really cute!

Will be fascinating to see Duchess Elizabeth of Belgium and Amalia together in 10 years. We can already see One will be in very classic tailored demure outfits and the other making more bold colorful choices or like mothers like daughters if you will.

They do have a cool, fun yet appropriate sense of style but I especially like their shoe game. Those espadrilles are really cute!

Will be fascinating to see Duchess Elizabeth of Belgium and Amalia together in 10 years. We can already see One will be in very classic tailored demure outfits and the other making more bold colorful choices or like mothers like daughters if you will.

Or like most kids, as they grow they have their own fashion style. Not that of their mother's. When they are grown up on their own, have more control of their clothes we will see the real personality come out. Teens or not, there is still some parental influence on them as of now. Elisabeth could end up a lot like her mother or more like Maxima or totally her own character. Same goes for the triple A bunch.

They are not Kids. Elizabeth is a young adult and has been been dressing and picking out her clothes for many years and Amalia Presumably as well. They will know what they want in clothes by now. If they wanted to experiment much we have seen it by now. That said every woman wants to get out of her Fashion box sometimes so anything is possible right?

Last edited:
I don't know, Amalia and her sisters wete dresses alike all their lives. Amalia has only recently been dressing differently and with more individual flair.

Elisabeth has always been dressed age appropriate but since her nearest sibling is a boy sauce lucked out and missed the matchy- matchy horror.

Being the youngest of four girls, I always felt for Amalia much the same as I felt for Denmark's and Spain's young Royals.

I think Amalia has influences from Maxima's style. She has been using bright colors and diverse (busy) textures for a while now. Even the style of her clothes have that Maxima feel, the ruffles, the over-the-top styling. I doubt that by now Maxima dresses her daughters (except for Ariane), but I believe that (from the 3 girls) Amalia is the one who looks up to her mom's style the most. She must really like that style.

While Alexia, I feel differently. She dresses with more monochromatic colors. The style is also more soft, with no busy prints. And that shows her personality and that she's the one who picks her clothes. It's charming to see how the sisters have different styles.

Yes! Alexia doesn't seem to go for loud colors and patterns and ruffles as much. It’s early of course but I predict she will be the most conventionally stylish and conservative of the sisters when she is an adult

Prince Henrik with Princess Athena pictured for the magazine Billed-Bladet

https://princessmariescloset.files....cc81cran-2020-05-14-acc80-07.19.26.png?w=1024

Princess Eleonore visit today the restaurant Kamiano of Sant'Egidio, which is providing take-out food to homeless people during the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:164190990:1800x650:w?v=5eb29a7b&m=bhpdhfnl

Princess Eleonore back to school today 15 May

https://instagram.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn...=3e66cca01ddc94178348bae0ede117dd&oe=5EE754E7

Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Elonore had telephone conversations with residents of residential care centers and service flats from all over the country.

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=b7ea34f6b2a0ce939be49cf85e85b039&oe=5EE7F746
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=0187ea983d49c3f2c109465edef2239c&oe=5EE8CE98
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=bdf130751f62bbccacc74326892227eb&oe=5EE72C07

Nice outfits for Joachim's children and Eleonore. It seems that Eleonore has taken some inspiration from her mother's wardrobe, she looks like a mini Mathilde here!

The Dutch Princesses on a new photo in support of the "Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light" programme:

** Pic **

All nice outfits for the AAA's; it's nice to see them coming into their own styles.

All are lovely, though I have preference to Alexias, dress, she is a spitting inge of her mum.
I'm always astonished on how tall is Amalia. She might wear high hills but she is going taller than her mum and approaching her dad.
The Dutch Princesses on a new photo in support of the "Eurovision: Europe Shine a Light" programme:

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom