The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to Step Back as Senior Royals: January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, the article is [...] because it claims William said things he actually didn’t. The title implies William, when you read the article a friend told the paper. Doesn’t actually say who the friend is, it could be a friend of the article writers for we know. It’s not actually journalism, [...]

Well it is just implying that he held him up his whole life and that should be news to precisely no one. Harry has always been vulnerable and William felt the burden of carrying, by virtue of being the oldest, his mother and then in turn his more emotional brother. William was ultimately saved by meeting Kate and her family young. But why should he have to emotionally support a grown brother anymore. He has a wife and 3 small children, one who he has to prepare for unimaginable duty, and his own fast approaching roleg as Prince of Wales. I am sure it was all much easier when Harry was just single, and probably quite lonely, and probably often hanging out in Kate and Williams. He was probably part of the immediate family there for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
President Trump has commented: https://www.foxnews.com/media/presi...-dont-think-this-should-be-happening-to-queen

Could that have consequences for a possible permanent or semi-permanent relocation to USA, I wonder?
Knowing perfectly well that Meghan is a US citizen.

I don’t think so. President Trump cannot prevent MM from entering the US and living therein.

I only hope that Meghan is not tempted to get involved in the US presidential campaign as that would mean a major diplomatic incident .

Well it is just implying

Key word here is “implying”. We have no idea if anything in that article is true, and we shouldn’t either. It is articles like this, that are written with no hint of actual news, that are causing problems.

Key word here is “implying”. We have no idea if anything in that article is true, and we shouldn’t either. It is articles like this, that are written with no hint of actual news, that are causing problems.

I cannot get the actual article yet but of all the newspapers the Times tends to be the most balanced. He obviously has though. I mean it has been obvious for years.

The Times completely changed their headline.

The media vitriol and some of the public commentary (for the record I dont think the majority of the public is as invested as the media or royal watchers) is honestly becoming scary...The DM has to have at least 50 new articles viciously attacking Meghan especially and Harry in the past 2 hours.

Punishment? Consequences? My god, you would think these two have been accused of some human rights violations.

That article is atrocious. I presume what they mean is that SussexRoyal Instagram page no longer follows The Royal Family equivalent.

Which would be correct because their policy has been to follow different causes or a cause a month versus a static number of accounts. Nothing to do with the current sit.

Well sadly the longer the wait for an announcement of a "deal" or "way forward" the more space the media have to fill.

I'm just waiting for the moment Tom Bradby is on ITV News talking about it as if he has no role in in whatsoever

The media vitriol and some of the public commentary (for the record I dont think the majority of the public is as invested as the media or royal watchers) is honestly becoming scary...The DM has to have at least 50 new articles viciously attacking Meghan especially and Harry in the past 2 hours.

Punishment? Consequences? My god, you would think these two have been accused of some human rights violations.
The DM shouldn't even be referenced imo. Anyway these two are not innocent they dropped a bomb and this is the consequences when you drop a bomb just like when Diana did her interview on TV and Charles his

The Times completely changed their headline.

Methinks someone realized that the sourcing was a bit too on the nose ?

The DM shouldn't even be referenced imo. Anyway these two are not innocent they dropped a bomb and this is the consequences when you drop a bomb just like when Diana did her interview on TV and Charles his

The Sun, the Express, The Times, pretty much all the papers. The DM is just the extreme and while you and I may think and know its trash, clearly many people do not.

And no matter what we think of their actions, papers writing potentially dangerous lies or distortions is not ok. At least it isn't to me.

Welcome to the DM. Best not to gorge too much and best for everyone's mental health to avoid altogether. This is what they do. This is all people in Britain are thinking about. Radio phone ins. Every single journalist of name giving their opinion. But mostly the tide is becoming a well good look to them and actually it may be better they are gone. Their very toxicity was beginning to spread. I don't blame them but the toxic triangle of media, them and public was becoming scary.

Huh? What he going to pull her citizenship. This is getting silly.

No I was thinking about the US being less, shall we say, accommodating, to what is essentially a foreign royal couple living in and working from USA either permanently or semi-permanently. Should H&M decide to set up a base there.

In other words: While the US government can't prevent Meghan, a US citizen from living in USA, can they prevent her foreign husband, Harry, from living for an extended period in USA?

Welcome to the DM. Best not to gorge too much and best for everyone's mental health to avoid altogether. This is what they do. This is all people in Britain are thinking about. Radio phone ins. Every single journalist of name giving their opinion. But mostly the tide is becoming a well good look to them and actually it may be better they are gone. Their very toxicity was beginning to spread. I don't blame them but the toxic triangle of media, them and public was becoming scary.

I thankfully do not visit the DM but someone posted screenshots of the current front page online. Just ridiculous

No I was thinking about the US being less, shall we say, accommodating, to what is essentially a foreign royal couple living in and working from USA either permanently or semi-permanently. Should H&M decide to set up a base there.

In other words: While the US government can't prevent Meghan, a US citizen from living in USA, can they prevent her foreign husband, Harry, from living for an extended period in USA?

The US government can do any number of things but rarely do for anyone with money. I am not understanding where this is even coming from...

P
Well sadly the longer the wait for an announcement of a "deal" or "way forward" the more space the media have to fill.

I'm just waiting for the moment Tom Bradby is on ITV News talking about it as if he has no role in in whatsoever

Tom Bradby has well and truly stuffed himself. What is he doing? William won't touch him now and Harry is out of it. Same with Omid. I have noticed a distinct pulling back from his love in for the Sussexes. Now he probably realises they are not going to be paying the bills anymore. A lot has changed since Wednesday.

The US government can do any number of things but rarely do for anyone with money. I am not understanding where this is even coming from...

It was a question based on President Trump expressing support for QEII and criticizing H&M for their move, urging them to rethink.

Wow the video of Harry at the Lion King premiere is sooo bad. He is clearly trying to use what I presume was an official royal event to get work for Meghan. I know the money from her voiceover went to charity but the scene of Harry networking for a "private job" at an official event won't help them now I don't think.

I'm not the biggest fan of the DM but the video is here on their site https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-tout-Meghan-Markle-Disney-voiceover-job.html
If anyone finds it anywhere else I'll happily change the link to another

Which would be correct because their policy has been to follow different causes or a cause a month versus a static number of accounts. Nothing to do with the current sit.

That’s interesting. I hadn’t heard that as they’re quite clearly following KP and Princess Eugenie.

I thankfully do not visit the DM but someone posted screenshots of the current front page online. Just ridiculous

The DM is very good for pictures of royal events, and that’s it.

It was a question based on President Trump expressing support for QEII and criticizing H&M for their move, urging them to rethink.

Trump will likely forget any comment he said the second he said it. The man is ridiculous as a default

The US government has bigger issues to deal with than the comings and goings of the BRF and there is 0 reason to deny Harry any visa or anything no matter the President's useless opinion on a foreign family drama.

That’s interesting. I hadn’t heard that as they’re quite clearly following KP and Princess Eugenie.

Nope. They are literally only following 1 account this month for example. I am sure they still check out the other royal accounts hence the comments for birthdays. But in terms of who they are officially following on IG, it changes every month to match their charitable or cause theme.

Trump won’t prevent them from living here. He’ll just lie and say he cleared the way for it, even though Harry can obtain citizenship like most spouses of American citizens.

Nope. They are literally only following 1 account this month for example. I am sure they still check out the other royal accounts hence the comments for birthdays. But in terms of who they are officially following on IG, it changes every month to match their charitable or cause theme.

I think the birthday greetings may be over, I don’t recall anything being posted on Thursday. Maybe I missed it.

Please note that a number of posts have been edited or deleted for the following reasons:

1) They contained bickering back and forth posts that add nothing of interest to those reading the thread
2) They contain references to narcissism and mental health, which we have previously asked not to be discussed.
3) They contain empty, satirical links which, again, add nothing to a discussion or debate.

Members are reminded, yet again, to treat each other with respect and courtesy when responding to eachother - especially where opinions may differ.

May we also please tone down the language, tone and expletives used when posting - it is unnecessary in the discussion.

I think the birthday greetings may be over, I don’t recall anything being posted on Thursday. Maybe I missed it.
For Catherine's birthday? I think they commented on KP post with their wishes.

To Kate? SR did posted a birthday comment to her. Its the top one on the KP post.

Wow the video of Harry at the Lion King premiere is sooo bad. He is clearly trying to use what I presume was an official royal event to get work for Meghan. I know the money from her voiceover went to charity but the scene of Harry networking for a "private job" at an official event won't help them now I don't think.

I'm not the biggest fan of the DM but the video is here on their site https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-tout-Meghan-Markle-Disney-voiceover-job.html
If anyone finds it anywhere else I'll happily change the link to another

It's dreadfully embarrassing to watch, the Disney CEO seems really uncomfortable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom