The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4321  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
H&M returning to the UK
I cannot see 'Meghan Duchess of Sussex' returning to the UK.. she's made her opinion of this country, [and the family she married into] CRYSTAL CLEAR..and is likely to be received accordingly.
__________________

  #4322  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:15 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
Why do you think Harry is stupid? Of course, he knows money doesn't grow on trees. He had a 'regular' job in the military and that is actually where he thrived. He has also shown he isn't afraid of work putting a lot of effort and energy into whole scale projects.
but he's said that he finds cameras clicking etc upset him and send him back to the trauma of his mother's death. If he embarks on a money making career, it is bound to involve public nad press attention. And he has never had to make money or hustl,e like Meghan has. I don't think he realises quite what it takes...
__________________

  #4323  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:23 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 644
As for blazing a new trail or laying out a new path for future royals who happen to be the younger sons or daughters...how presumptuous can these two be? Seriously. Just because they didn't like their situation and wanted out doesn't mean that future younger children will feel the same way. Who are they to say that Charlotte or Louis would want out or should be out if they and their parents don't agree? I find that whole idea presumptuous to the nth degree. But then again, these two are routinely quite presumptuous.

As for Jane Goodall...I really don't understand why it's so incredibly difficult for all of these "acquaintances" to keep their mouths shut instead of fueling the fires that are currently surrounding Harry and Meghan. Yes, I know they were asked and just answered a question. However, it's really not that hard to say that they have no comment, prefer not to speak on the matter, etc. and by making statements such as these they're really just wading into what has become a ridiculous swamp of "he said, she said, they said, a source said" and choosing sides and who/what to believe.
  #4324  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:27 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
Why do you think Harry is stupid? Of course, he knows money doesn't grow on trees. He had a 'regular' job in the military and that is actually where he thrived. He has also shown he isn't afraid of work putting a lot of effort and energy into whole scale projects.


Was it really 'a bull in a China shop' the Queen even admitted that talks had been ongoing for months (not days or weeks)? However, Harry stopped playing their games when the palace leaked the plans and then Harry was blocked seeing the Queen (per royal reporters). He took his story, his life, his family's life into his own hands....as they were just dragging him along.
Their games? No, Harry and Meghan just didn’t want to wait like mature adults until a plan could be worked out, and defying his father and the Queen, they forced everyone to drop what they were doing to deal with them right then and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
As for blazing a new trail or laying out a new path for future royals who happen to be the younger sons or daughters...how presumptuous can these two be? Seriously. Just because they didn't like their situation and wanted out doesn't mean that future younger children will feel the same way. Who are they to say that Charlotte or Louis would want out or should be out if they and their parents don't agree? I find that whole idea presumptuous to the nth degree. But then again, these two are routinely quite presumptuous.

As for Jane Goodall...I really don't understand why it's so incredibly difficult for all of these "acquaintances" to keep their mouths shut instead of fueling the fires that are currently surrounding Harry and Meghan. Yes, I know they were asked and just answered a question. However, it's really not that hard to say that they have no comment, prefer not to speak on the matter, etc. and by making statements such as these they're really just wading into what has become a ridiculous swamp of "he said, she said, they said, a source said" and choosing sides and who/what to believe.
LOL I was going to say the same thing about Jane Goodall but wasn’t sure if I wanted to open a hornet’s nest. Is she friends with Harry? Does she know him well? If she’s not and doesn’t, then she shouldn’t be speaking for him even if he did open up to an acquaintance. If she is friends with him, then...doesn’t Harry have any friends with any discretion, at all?
  #4325  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:32 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I can’t read the article now; I was able to read it at the time it was published, but not now, so I don’t know what it said except I don’t believe a word out of Mouthpiece Bradby’s mouth.

As for Prince Laurent - who I’ve never heard of before now, I think his comments were incredibly rude, commenting on the BRF as a family (as if he knows everyone’s personal relationships) and as part of the monarchy as well. It’s presumptuous of him to say that Harry and Meghan are treated as possessions. Ugh.
I don’t necessarily agree with the man but how is his comments any different than those posted here? I see plenty of them speaking as if they know the BRF personally especially their thoughts and motives. He knows as much as anyone on here. Yet opinions vary. It’s all rather presumptuous to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I think H and M are thinking of themselves, not future Royals...but even if I believed them, I think it’s a lousy plan and I don’t see many, if any, Royals following in their footsteps.
I wouldn’t assume that. In 15 to 20 years who knows what will be going on. If the Sussexes manage to have success than why wouldn’t someone like Louis want to venture out on his own. He the third child and at this point sees how the non heirs are eventually treated in the grand scheme of things. Not important and bound to duty.

No one can see into the future. Who could have predicted 2 years ago that Harry would no longer be a working royal? Will be interesting to watch though.
  #4326  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:44 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 820
I thought Serena was brilliant when journalists hassled her about it during a post-match interview at the Australian Open, and she said she had absolutely no comment to make. No-one needs to be shouting their mouths off in public.
  #4327  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:44 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Their games? No, Harry and Meghan just didn’t want to wait like mature adults until a plan could be worked out, and defying his father and the Queen, they forced everyone to drop what they were doing to deal with them right then and there.
Yes their games...according to royal reporters Harry was told he could meet with the Queen to discuss the issues and then when he went to meet with her she was 'busy' that day, her courtiers turned him away. The next thing you know the Sun is posting details about the plan before anything was finalized. This is after Harry indicated to Charles he was reluctant to put anything in writing because things get leaked. Of course, it got leaked and Harry said enough of these GAMES. They had been working on a plan for MONTHS according to the Queen's statement why did they start dragging their feet. They wouldn't have been a need to drop everything if their courtiers didn't leak information and prevent Harry from speaking to the Queen....playing GAMES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I think H and M are thinking of themselves, not future Royals...but even if I believed them, I think it’s a lousy plan and I don’t see many, if any, Royals following in their footsteps.
Why on earth can Harry & Meghan not think of themselves and their family (children), especially if it is to bring peace of mind? Why do they have to stay in an abusive situation...and that is what the situation with the media is and no support from the family other than to allow them to be scapegoats for true misdeeds of some relatives?

How do you know it is a lousy plan when you don't even know what they have in mind? Regardless if others follow in their footsteps or not... that shouldn't prevent them from doing what they feel is best for their family, everyone is different and has different needs.
  #4328  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:46 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I thought Serena was brilliant when journalists hassled her about it during a post-match interview at the Australian Open, and she said she had absolutely no comment to make. No-one needs to be shouting their mouths off in public.
Agreed. Which is probably why we, or at least I, haven't seen anyone screaming about how Serena is now acting as Meghan's unofficial spokesperson or her personal champion. Serena's reaction really should be the model for anyone and everyone who might be even remotely connected enough to be asked.
  #4329  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:48 PM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , Antarctica
Posts: 2,051
In terms of creating a road-map for future royals outside the direct line of succession they don't have to look any further than the York Princess's. They have been an ever evolving experiment since reaching adulthood on how non-"senior" royals go about being members of the royal family. They both have jobs, working under legal names rather than titles, carry about patronages as "princess's", whilst maintaining a public, albeit restrained, presence. The trial and errors of their security funding, wedding planning, and etc. are creating clear blueprints for the future.

HM however where never going to be minor royals. The intention was for them to support the monarch as needed, which would naturally take them up to retirement age, and then step back and enjoy a life of leisure and wealth. I hate to think of the brothers not supporting each other and would cheer the day HM return to the fold, but if not, I hope they find peace.
  #4330  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:51 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
In terms of creating a road-map for future royals outside the direct line of succession they don't have to look any further than the York Princess's. They have been an ever evolving experiment since reaching adulthood on how non-"senior" royals go about being members of the royal family. They both have jobs, working under legal names rather than titles, carry about patronages as "princess's", whilst maintaining a public, albeit restrained, presence. The trial and errors of their security funding, wedding planning, and etc. are creating clear blueprints for the future.
This is actually an excellent point. The York girls really have been setting out quite the blueprint for how it can and should be done, though I'm not entirely sure that was completely intentional. Regardless of intent, though, it's really shaped up rather nicely and does appear to be a great blueprint going forward for those who are not the successors. I very much agree with those who have stated that the only thing Harry and Meghan have laid out a blueprint for is how not to do things and what not to do. I do find it slightly ironic, though, that we all thought the York girls would be the hot messes that the BRF had to rein in when, in fact, it was Harry and Company.
  #4331  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
according to royal reporters
Its funny how those that support this couple 'believe' the media when [and only when] they report in their favour...
  #4332  
Old 01-23-2020, 12:59 PM
Eskimo's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I have to admit that I half-read, half-scanned the article because my eyes couldn’t deal with the idea of “influencers” anymore....

I do think that guy is right, though - Harry is not Obama; he’s playing on his family name, not on any accomplishments of his own. After some time, will people even think of them as Royal?
IMO, and someone else mentioned it in this thread, this is the reason their half-in and half-out option was unworkable. If they want to be influencers, they need to have a sizable following. The lines between Royal work and Influencer work would get blurred pretty immediately. The media could easily claim that they were doing their Royal work to maintain the following that they needed to be successful influencers or worse. That is the kind of negative publicity that the BRF can ill afford.
  #4333  
Old 01-23-2020, 01:04 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
Yes their games...according to royal reporters Harry was told he could meet with the Queen to discuss the issues and then when he went to meet with her she was 'busy' that day, her courtiers turned him away. The next thing you know the Sun is posting details about the plan before anything was finalized. This is after Harry indicated to Charles he was reluctant to put anything in writing because things get leaked. Of course, it got leaked and Harry said enough of these GAMES. They had been working on a plan for MONTHS according to the Queen's statement why did they start dragging their feet. They wouldn't have been a need to drop everything if their courtiers didn't leak information and prevent Harry from speaking to the Queen....playing GAMES.
Multiple sources have reported that the Queen told Harry to come to an agreement with Charles, and then she'd look at whatever plan they'd agreed on. He didn't do that, and chose to publish his wish list rather than follow the perfectly reasonable procedure the Queen had requested.

The leak, if it was really a leak, likely as not came from the Sussexes' side. They've had plenty of other leaks-that-might-have-been-on-purpose, both before and after their announcement. Their inability to control their own staff doesn't obligate the Queen to spend hours and hours personally negotiating things on Harry's terms. Regardless, with all the complex issues that have been raised here and elsewhere - precedent for titles and styles, Frogmore rent and repayment, security arrangements and financing, patronages, rota participation and its consequences for those patronages, diplomatic status and other immigration issues, ground rules for commercialization, and at least a dozen other things - I don't see how anyone could really believe that this could have been sorted out without anything ever having been put in writing before it was finalized. The Queen and Charles aren't going to know these kind of specifics off the top of their heads - they're going to need to have their staff research them. That couldn't realistically have all been done verbally.

And what difference does it ultimately make? Supposing the leak wasn't intentional, why couldn't they have just ignored it, or let the palace issue whatever statement it wanted, while they continued to try to reach an agreement with Charles and later the Queen? How would that have been any worse for them than what actually happened?
  #4334  
Old 01-23-2020, 01:08 PM
Eskimo's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post
If a child is born in Canada it is automatically Canadian. Getting UK and USA passports would be easy as the parents are citizens. I know all 3 countries allow dual citizenship, but I don't know if they allow 3.

When Princess Margriet of the Netherlands was born in Canada during the war, the government had to declare the hospital non-Canadian territory for the birth so that she wouldn't be a Canadian citizen.
Canada and the US have no issues with someone have several citizenship's. I am not sure about the UK. I am also not sure if the UK allows people in the immediate line of succession to have dual citizenship (pledging allegiance to someone besides the Queen). Yes, Archie is entitled to US citizenship but I am not sure he actually has got a US Passport.
  #4335  
Old 01-23-2020, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Its funny how those that support this couple 'believe' the media when [and only when] they report in their favour...

LOL - I agree!

And no matter who leaked the plan, the Sussexes had no right to release their own statement without authorization from the Palace. They don't work for themselves. It was very disrespectful to the Queen.

The fact that the "progressive new role" they wanted was rejected also tells us their statement was NOT based on months of planning with other members of the BRF.

The idea of giving the Sussexes a new role may have been discussed for months, but the specific plan they came up with wasn't.
  #4336  
Old 01-23-2020, 01:12 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
As for blazing a new trail or laying out a new path for future royals who happen to be the younger sons or daughters...how presumptuous can these two be? Seriously. Just because they didn't like their situation and wanted out doesn't mean that future younger children will feel the same way. Who are they to say that Charlotte or Louis would want out or should be out if they and their parents don't agree? I find that whole idea presumptuous to the nth degree. But then again, these two are routinely quite presumptuous.

As for Jane Goodall...I really don't understand why it's so incredibly difficult for all of these "acquaintances" to keep their mouths shut instead of fueling the fires that are currently surrounding Harry and Meghan. Yes, I know they were asked and just answered a question. However, it's really not that hard to say that they have no comment, prefer not to speak on the matter, etc. and by making statements such as these they're really just wading into what has become a ridiculous swamp of "he said, she said, they said, a source said" and choosing sides and who/what to believe.
What I find more concerning is why all these "acquaintances" are in possession
of such personal information. It seems that he complained to everyone and anyone who would listen. Can you imagine the Queen or Prince Charles complaining to everyone they meet about how hard their life is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
LOL - I agree!

And no matter who leaked the plan, the Sussexes had no right to release their own statement without authorization from the Palace. They don't work for themselves. It was very disrespectful to the Queen.

The fact that the "progressive new role" they wanted was rejected also tells us their statement was NOT based on months of planning with other members of the BRF.

The idea of giving the Sussexes a new role may have been discussed for months, but the specific plan they came up with wasn't.
Exactly! It's just another way to absolve themselves of any responsibility towards the outcome.
  #4337  
Old 01-23-2020, 01:18 PM
Eskimo's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I thought Serena was brilliant when journalists hassled her about it during a post-match interview at the Australian Open, and she said she had absolutely no comment to make. No-one needs to be shouting their mouths off in public.
Again, if their intention is to be influencers, they cannot afford to have friends that do not shout their mouths off in public. Being an influencer requires the public to have a very positive image of you and right now their image is not positive enough for them to sustainably "influence". Hence, the need for their friends to shout their mouths off.
  #4338  
Old 01-23-2020, 01:23 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Exactly! It's just another way to absolve themselves of any responsibility towards the outcome.

IMO the palace wanted everything agreed before it was issued to the public.

Harry has said himself things are not as he would have wished, so that IMO suggests a reason why no announcement had previously been made, because they couldn't come to an agreement.
They went public not just with the statement but with the website which listed how they saw their future.

They have moved things along quickly but from what Harry has said the final outcome is not what he would have preferred.

I do not know if there was a leak or not but IMO the website did not help their case.
Could somebody tell Oprah the palace knew they wanted to move on but they blindsided them with the timing of the statement and the website. Nobody from the palace has ever said that they did not know they wanted to go.
  #4339  
Old 01-23-2020, 01:28 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
IMO the palace wanted everything agreed before it was issued to the public.

Harry has said himself things are not as he would have wished, so that IMO suggests a reason why no announcement had previously been made, because they couldn't come to an agreement.
They went public not just with the statement but with the website which listed how they saw their future.

They have moved things along quickly but from what Harry has said the final outcome is not what he would have preferred.

I do not know if there was a leak or not but IMO the website did not help their case.
Could somebody tell Oprah the palace knew they wanted to move on but they blindsided them with the timing of the statement and the website. Nobody from the palace has ever said that they did not know they wanted to go.

It was at least some ppl here and elsewhere who were convinced that the Queen had no idea about the Sussexes plan/wanting out until they posted the website.

Oprah was reiterating that per the Queen's statement THEY knew, she was not blindsided by the content but by the timing.

As far as leaks go..my understanding is the guy (Wooten) that was doing the leaking has a partner that works for KP correspondence so some ppl think that is a likely source. I doubt we will ever know for sure.

LaRae
  #4340  
Old 01-23-2020, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I wouldn’t assume that. In 15 to 20 years who knows what will be going on. If the Sussexes manage to have success than why wouldn’t someone like Louis want to venture out on his own. He the third child and at this point sees how the non heirs are eventually treated in the grand scheme of things. Not important and bound to duty.

No one can see into the future. Who could have predicted 2 years ago that Harry would no longer be a working royal? Will be interesting to watch though.
I was thinking more along the lines of how Harry and Meghan went about it. Sure, it's possible that Louis, say, might want to do his own things - I don't even think that was an issue with the Queen or Charles, but rather like I called it before, the "bull in a china shop" approach. Maybe in the future there will be a way for future Royals to modify their schedule to allow them to do other things, while ensuring that they still remain in the fold.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke of Sussex and The Invictus Games: 2014 and 2016-2018, 2020 Dman The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 1150 09-06-2020 08:30 PM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor baptism biography british royal family brownbitcoinqueen carolin commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs doll duke of sussex family tree games general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf haakon vii hill history hochberg house of windsor imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery kids movie line of succession list of rulers luxembourg mailing maxima meghan markle monarchy nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess elizabeth princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maud queen maxima random facts royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royalty of taiwan royal wedding serbian royal family snowdon spain sussex swedish queen thai royal family tracts tradition unsubscribe videos wedding gown wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×