Prince Joachim's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

On April 27, Prince Joachim as Patron of the Freshwater Centre attended Freshwater Centre's 25-year
anniversary in Silkeborg.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** mja.dk gallery **

He also viewed a project at the Aarhus University's department of Silkeborg:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** au.dk: Royalt besøg på AU: To x Joachim og 20.000 myrer ** translation **

Yesterday, April 30, Joachim as Patron of the Young Scientists Award handed out the awards of the competition
at the University of Aarhus:

** Pic **

** tv2oj.dk: Unge opfindere hyldes ** translation **

As patron of the Danish Diabetes Association Prince Joachim attended the opening of the European
Diabetes Leadership Forum 2012 in Copenhagen on April 25.

** Pic ** kongehuset.dk: Prins Joachim åbner konferencen ”European Diabetes Leadership Forum” **

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #18, 2012.
Vi gi'r den en skalle - We'll really put in an effort.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Frederik and Joachim went on the job together, when Novo Nordisk (*) held a dinner at Frederik VIII's mansion at Amalienborg. Joachim may be patron, but as it was Frederik's home, he was the first to recieve the 33 guests who arrived for the dinner. (**)
However, at the conference the next day, it was Joachim in his capacity as patron for Danish Diabetis Association who was in the centre.
Present were also the PM, Helle Thorning and the Minister for Health, Astrid Krag.
Among those who gave a speech, were Joachim and the PM. The conference was very much about the rising number of diabetics (***)

Joachim told our reporter: "It can easily be imagined in the future that we will co-operate", referring to the dinner the day before.
He added: "If there are things in which we move in sync, it's simply about working together and putting in an effort. Apparantly it has a big and positive effect which we are both proud of and pleased with.
We were 32 for the dinnerand that was to welcome them to Denmark, just on the verge of this diabetes forum starting. It's a very important conference that has now been started and it's very exciting what will be the outcome".

But how is bette Henrik and little Piaf? Joachim: "They are so well both of them. They both, so to spek take in life. And then as a father you can't wish for anything more".

- Joachim (and the rest of the DRF for that matter) are very busy these days, despite the fact that he also has a business to run.

(*) Novo Nordisk is the world's undisputed largest manufacturer of insuline and if you are a diabetic it is extremely likely your medicin has been produced there.

(**) M&F are basically holding court. Confirming my little pet-theory about them de facto taking over from the Regent Couple.

(***) Type two diabetes, the result of obesity and the population living longer.

Today, July 7, Prince Joachim as Patron of the Danish Rugby Union attended the first match of the European Championships
in 7-man rugby at TRE-FOR Park, Odense.

Yesterday, he had opened the international FIRA-AER rugby Congress, also in Odense.

** tv2fyn.dk: EM i rugby i Odense ** translation **

:previous: Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #33, 2013.
Med Prinsen til søs - With the Prince to sea.
Written by our maritime reporter Karina Didriksen.

Joachim is a patron of the school ship Danmark, which was build in 1933. (During WWII, she served as a training ship for the US Coast Guard).
Along with 30 other guests Joachim send the ship away on her 100th cruise. The part Joachim was on laster four hours and went from Frederikshavn in Northern Jutland to Skagen at the tip of Jutland.
37 girls and 44 boys a cadets will take part in this three and a half month cruise. - When they return they will pass by Kronborg on the way to Copenhagen. For centuries the expression: "Kronborg to starboard" has been synonymous with coming home to Denmark for countless sailors.
Danmark is a full rigged steel hulled sailing ship.

Joachim said: "I feel I have a very close connection to the ship. I've sailed with the school ship more times than I remember. Here you test yourself, that it isn't just your interest for your occupation. Here you venture out and try something about yourself as a person". (*)
And about his three sons going on a cruise, Joachim said with a twinckle in his eye: "I'm sure it would do them some good"!

Joachim also gave a speech to the cadets saying: "If you have a bad day it's no excuse, because then the others get a bad day times two".

She's a beauty, eh? https://www.martec.nu/media/46172/Togt93%20088_besk%C3%A5ret.jpg

(*) Like kissing the knob at the top of the main mast about three kilometres above the deck...

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #49, 2013.
Written by Henrik Salling.

As Fairy Tale informed us Joachim did indeed bring his two oldest sons to the concert with the Danish Boy's Choir.

None of them have song in a choir themselves. Joachim explains: "I have not been blessed with a voice suited for a choir. I'm probably more like a hummer. I have never song in a choir myself. I have song in syncronisation, so in that respect (I have) also song in a choir. But not in a real choir".

He is attempting to pass on Danish songs to all his four children:
"I do like to sing, but I don't know if I have a large host of fans though. But all the kids have been and the youngest are still song for at bedtime".
Felix interjected: " I've actually never heard dad sing".
Joachim: "You sure have".
Yeah, okay.

Bette Henrik in particular enjoy being sung to at bedtime: "We hold on to that tradition. Apart from that it is cosy to sing to your children it's also about giving them a micro-bit of the treasure of songs. (*) They must have it. It's important".

(*) Den Danske Sangskat = The Treasure of Danish Songs, is a selection of songs considered the best and most cultural among songs. And before you start to yawn, it isn't all high culture. Quite a few of the songs are modern. Selected simply because they are good and now have become classic Danish culture.

:previous: :lol:

Don't say he doesn't get in the mood. Travolta, go home and weep...:cool:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #49, 2013.
Written by Henrik Salling.

As Fairy Tale informed us Joachim did indeed bring his two oldest sons to the concert with the Danish Boy's Choir.

None of them have song in a choir themselves. Joachim explains: "I have not been blessed with a voice suited for a choir. I'm probably more like a hummer. I have never song in a choir myself. I have song in syncronisation, so in that respect (I have) also song in a choir. But not in a real choir".

He is attempting to pass on Danish songs to all his four children:
"I do like to sing, but I don't know if I have a large host of fans though. But all the kids have been and the youngest are still song for at bedtime".
Felix interjected: " I've actually never heard dad sing".
Joachim: "You sure have".
Yeah, okay.

Bette Henrik in particular enjoy being sung to at bedtime: "We hold on to that tradition. Apart from that it is cosy to sing to your children it's also about giving them a micro-bit of the treasure of songs. (*) They must have it. It's important".

(*) Den Danske Sangskat = The Treasure of Danish Songs, is a selection of songs considered the best and most cultural among songs. And before you start to yawn, it isn't all high culture. Quite a few of the songs are modern. Selected simply because they are good and now have become classic Danish culture.

Would these songs be like the Mother Goose nursery rhymes in English

Would these songs be like the Mother Goose nursery rhymes in English

I don't think so.

The Danish Treasure of Songs may contain a few children's song, I'm not sure. But it's mainly for adults and predominantly suited for choirs or other communal singing.
I'm sure FasterB, who sings in a choir, can explain much more about this.

Anyway, Nikolai and Felix will also be very much aware of these songs from their mother, Alexandra, who is very fond of singing herself.

:previous: Thanks Marine2109.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #11, 2014.
Written by our man in Belgium, Henrik Salling.

In his capacity as patron for the Diabetis Association Joachim went to Bruxells for the Diabetes Leadership Forum, arranged by the Danish branch of the international diabetes associations and here Joachim gave a speech saying: "32 million citizens in EU have diabetes. That's equivalent to the populations of Belgium, Portugal and Greece combined. And the number is rising.
We cannot allow this to continue. Isn't it about time to demonstrate that we have the courage to do what we wll know needs to be done"? - Hinting that a major solution is healthier food and more excersize.

One in twelve in EU have diabetes and each day 750 die from the desease.

Joachim is visited the Queen Fabiola children's hospital. That hadn't anything to do with diabetis as he visited the neonatal ward. Joachim said about the visit: "That was an eye opener".

- A pity Joachim doesn't get more attention as this is an important issue. But alas wearing a tie is not as glamous.

Yesterday, August 25, Prince Joachim as Patron attended the Copenhagen Goodwill Ambassador Corps dinner at the House of Industry in Copenhagen.

** ppe gallery **

Back
Top Bottom